Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reasons for games to be canceled/postponed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,517

Reasons for games to be canceled/postponed

Nov 23, 2020, 2:47 PM

Best as I've been able to discern, games that are canceled or postponed are done because one or both of the teams involved can no longer field a complete team. I'm not aware of any canceled for FEAR of anyone being contagious. FSU had enough players to field a team, even though they have been wracked by injuries, transfers, and such. Clemson definitely had enough players to field a team. FSU couldn't name one NCAA or ACC protocol that Clemson didn't follow. They postponed for one reason only - FEAR. Fear of COVID? Officially, yes. Fear of getting their butts kicked yet again? Yep.

The guidelines about playing or not playing are not subjective based upon fear. They're very specific based upon number of players available to play in that game. Perhaps I'm wrong (I'm married, so it happens frequently), but there's just no way that this makes any sense other than it's just a team who is looking for an excuse to get out of playing a game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would a "team" want to get out of playing a game?

Nov 23, 2020, 3:11 PM

Are you saying the TEAM didn't want to play or the coaches didn't? I played some football in my day and I NEVER not wanted to play a game. If it was the coaches, don't they want to play as many games as possible to make the team better? Maybe it's like LSU when they lost to the Tigers and Tajh. "They didn't want to be there" was the rumor, so teams now they have the option of not playing and blaming it on the rona virus(?)

2020 is definitely messed up.

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Why would a "team" want to get out of playing a game?

Nov 23, 2020, 3:47 PM

I don't think anyone - myself included - has said that the players or the coaches didn't want to play. It's been all about the administration. The unnamed "medical professionals" who, we are led to believe, unilaterally made the decision with no input from the team or the administration or the athletic department. Doubtful. Someone had input other than the medical team, but I don't think anyone seriously thinks it was the players or the coaches. This, and most of the mess at FSU, is all on the athletic dept and the administration.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reasons for games to be canceled/postponed

Nov 23, 2020, 4:08 PM

"I'm married so it happens frequently" is a quote which all single males should etch into their brains before getting married. Of course, having grandchildren makes it all worth it. I think.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,517
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic