Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why shouldn't we be elite in basketball?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,312

Why shouldn't we be elite in basketball?

Jan 23, 2021, 4:55 PM

First off, I'll admit I've been a Brownall apologist. I watch the Clemson basketball team, regardless of the coach, with anticipation of greatness every year. Needless to say, it's been disappointing year after year for darn near 60 years, which is the same winning percentage Clemson basketball has had over those years (60%). The reason we have always been and always will be mediocre is because we look at ourselves as a football only school. Set higher goals. The football team is where it is because someone had a greater vision. Most Clemson fans could care less about basketball. I think the administration has accepted mediocrity in basketball because fans have accepted it. Mediocrity is where Clemson basketball has always been regardless of the coach. Mindset needs to change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why shouldn't we be elite in basketball?

Jan 23, 2021, 5:04 PM

There is a difference between elite and competitive for an occasional championship in the ACC. While we did not win the ACC , there were many years, we held home court, packed the house and were exciting to watch.
It used to be thought that winning at Clemson was tough to do.
Miami, FSU, VT are all football schools and have won. Why not Clemson?

We have national exposure from football.
We have good facilities.
We have great school.

Time to change leadership.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2021, 5:22 PM

Who do recommend we bring in?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2021, 5:12 PM

Sometimes i wonder if that old rumor is true: that the acc made a deal with clemson elders that said we could be good in football but not in basketball. They were protecting UNC, Duke, NCstate, and maryland back then

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Jan 23, 2021, 5:21 PM

The administration and coaches run the show. They, not the fans, are to blame. They get credit when we win- mostly in football - and must take credit for the mediocrity in basketball.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2021, 4:31 PM

Let the circle be unbroken ... I've read this post a hundred plus times on TNet for ten tears.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,312
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic