Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why not EXTEND the Regular Season TWO weeks ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,174

Why not EXTEND the Regular Season TWO weeks ...

Feb 22, 2021, 9:09 PM

Not only ACC but all of the NCAA ... give teams a chance to play those missed ... so what, its April Madness vs March Madness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What the hell, let’s go for 6 weeks and keep the

Feb 22, 2021, 9:13 PM

alliteration

May Madness baby

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

From Clemson’s perspective....

Feb 22, 2021, 10:34 PM

We really don’t need additional games.
Most of our canceled games were road games.
This team has some very good wins and has done what needs to be done to be a NCAA tournament team. The only downside to not rescheduling a game would be if it prevents us from a double-bye in the ACC tourney....but we have a clear path there with our schedule and the other teams involved having a tougher road.
This team needs to go out and take care of business this week against two teams that have really struggled. If we can get back on the court, and at some point Saturday afternoon be sitting at 15-5 (9-5)....that will be a really good place to be.
I’d much rather see tournament basketball sooner than these guys having to go to Syracuse or Notre Dame to make up games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NCAAT is set by TV money....

Feb 23, 2021, 12:34 PM

CBS/Turner wanted to have its normal March time frame to cash in the loot and marque March Madness. Not going to move it to early April with the Masters also run by CBS.

A lot of fans don’t realize this, but every team member for a school has to have seven straight days of negative tests results to be able to enter the NCAAT bubble. That is ridiculous.

Should have had two weeks between the the selections and the NCAAT to be able to quarantine and get everyone with no COVID positives. Now it’s shaping up to be a lot of teams who won’t qualify or positives during the event which will result in forfeits or byes for other teams.

Personally, I would have had the last games at the end of March including Conference Tournaments, then wait till the end of April to start the NCAAT, but TV money made that not an option. Sad...

Re: Why not EXTEND the Regular Season TWO weeks ...

Feb 23, 2021, 7:23 AM

Just need to finish the season, there will be more cancelations if u extend. Let's just get the season completed, hopefully by the fall, crap will be close to normal.

Re: Why not EXTEND the Regular Season TWO weeks ...

Feb 23, 2021, 7:23 AM

Just need to finish the season, there will be more cancelations if u extend. Let's just get the season completed, hopefully by the fall, crap will be close to normal.

We don't need no more regular season. The toonamint is

Feb 23, 2021, 8:14 AM

so many teams now, it is like a whole nother season itself. (That is, if we make the usually wrong assumption that we get in!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

APRIL ABSURDITY!!!

Feb 23, 2021, 10:44 AM

I'll go ahead and submit my Trademark paperwork!

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,174
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic