Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is everything out of stock or backordered?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Why is everything out of stock or backordered?

Dec 17, 2020, 8:57 PM

If anybody finds a Wolverine Journeyman soft toe boots, size 11.5 that will arrive before Christmas, let me know.

Or a Rossi 92 Lever Action 44 magnum carbine (at retail price)?

I need a personal shopper.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Why is everything out of stock or backordered?

Dec 17, 2020, 9:01 PM

Good luck finding a gun.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or reasonable ammo.........

Dec 17, 2020, 9:12 PM

:(

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Or reasonable ammo.........

Dec 17, 2020, 9:46 PM

No kidding, I’ve been looking for a few boxes of 20 gauge high brass #6’s for rabbit hunting and can’t find them anywhere. Hoping to find them at the gun show in Raleigh this week end. I need to start reloading but heard that primers are hard to find now as well. Might have to break out the sling shot when my ammo on hand runs out.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is everything out of stock or backordered? ]

I'd be happy if my blue ink cartridge from October would arrive!

Dec 18, 2020, 9:56 AM

My grandchildren's gift left california on December 8th and it's still in the air, a very slow plane.

Dec 17, 2020, 9:01 PM

Isn’t it a leap year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 9:14 PM

Get use to limited to no supplies in stores. An't gonna change under Sleepy Joe reign.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 9:23 PM

Don't think the manufacturers have a full work force yet. Where I live, you can get guns but not the ammo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 9:31 PM

Here’s the deal! Gun MFG’s are going to cash in with every sale on an AR platform now before it’s too late. These said MFG’s shoot all day every day for R&D and buy a chit-ton of ammo, not to mention just testing. Couple that with hoarders, big box allocations and back orders and it goes downhill from there.

Tbh, I haven't been to a range in a while

Dec 17, 2020, 9:38 PM

because they are out of 9mm and I don't want to go into my stash. I only have 350 rounds on hand.
Hard to find, and it is always on backorder.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

Re: Tbh, I haven't been to a range in a while

Dec 17, 2020, 10:14 PM

A big reason for ammo shortages is primer shortages. That has been exacerbated by high demand. Military has first dibs, then on down the line. I just scored 2000 sp primers so I feel like I won the golden ticket.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Midsouth Shooters... Norma 32ACP and 9mm in stock.***

Dec 18, 2020, 12:25 AM [ in reply to Tbh, I haven't been to a range in a while ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is everything out of stock or backordered? ]

You just have to hope to come across a cowardly crook, one that will turn and run when a gun is pointed at him

Of course Superman only ducked when a gun was thrown at him

Gun shops have been dry since May!

Dec 17, 2020, 9:46 PM

I bought all the ammo and half the guns (and milk and bread) and toilet paper

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I'm still seeing plenty of guns (just about every make and

Dec 17, 2020, 10:20 PM

model) available. Ammo, however is another story all together. While there is an ammo shortage, I can still find just about every caliber of ammo but the prices are crazy high. Glad I bought some over a year ago but like others - I'm not going to the range because I don't want to burn through my stash because it will cost me a ton to replace it.

Just read a story a couple of weeks ago where one of the US Ammo manufacturers (Vista Outdoor) said they have over a years worth of ammunition backorders valued in excess of $1 Billion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm still seeing plenty of guns (just about every make and

Dec 17, 2020, 10:33 PM

Vista is just a shell. It’s Remington. They sell a ton of ammo. Just don’t consider quality as a priority or delivery.

That and the Military owns Vista.....

you'll shoot your eye out***

Dec 17, 2020, 10:42 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you'll shoot your eye out***

Dec 17, 2020, 11:09 PM

that's what i was told,when i asked to get a b-b gun.irony was all my friends had them,so i just used their's.my parents would cringe,if they saw what i have now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Don't forget this Luminous Leg of Loveliness.

Dec 18, 2020, 10:03 AM [ in reply to you'll shoot your eye out*** ]

https://www.google.com/search?q=woman%27s+Leg+lamp&client=firefox-b-1-d&sxsrf=ALeKk01cfAl8tNaH5uhtfB6YsFcliuu6Ig:1608303650447&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=ERe5Fa8WSupM_M%252CRo8x8uhh43Z9aM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSTzX8knpLi2-aP5kMX_4Kb1IKfFg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjx7Jn-5dftAhVOp1kKHZr7AskQ9QF6BAgpEAE#imgrc=ERe5Fa8WSupM_M

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2020, 5:53 AM

I realize you might not be looking for them in this width, but wolverine.com has the Journeyman soft-toe available in 11.5 Extra Wide, Sawdust color, for $118.99 + $15 shipping to arrive before Christmas with promo code "STOCKING". Add another item to the order to bring it up to $120+ and shipping is free.

Amazon has them in stock, 11.5 Medium this time, in Sawdust and Brown, for $155-160 depending on color, with shipping options that should get them there before Christmas.

I found the gun supposedly in stock here for $510:

https://edsgunshop.com/product/rossi-920442013-r92-lever-action-carbine-lever-44-remington-magnum-20-101-brazillian-hardwood-stk-polished-black/

and here for $549:

https://www.barrelsandarrows.com/shop/firearms/rifles/rossi-r92-carbine-44mag-20-rnd-bbl-blue/

and here for $613:

https://www.tulsasilencer.com/product.brz-r92-44mag-20-10rd

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2020, 6:07 AM

Tigersense®

Dec 18, 2020, 5:59 AM

They're made in China.

Dec 18, 2020, 6:51 AM

Get a Henry, you will be much happier with the quality!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a left hander and all Henry's eject to the right.

Dec 18, 2020, 6:53 AM

The Rossi has a top eject model(Which I forgot to mention).

Re: I'm a left hander and all Henry's eject to the right.

Dec 18, 2020, 7:03 AM

Oh.... the only thing Rossi needs to improve is that trigger. Maybe a little smithing can crisp it up a bit. Happy shootin

Any of those I linked work for you?

Dec 18, 2020, 7:42 AM [ in reply to I'm a left hander and all Henry's eject to the right. ]

I can try looking again if they're not the right model, no problem. That first shop is located in NC so maybe you can even pick it up in person, if they really have it in stock.

I appreciate your help. I'm going to pay up for the boots.

Dec 18, 2020, 8:14 AM

They should be around $125-$130 bucks normally but I guess I will have to pay the mark up and extra shipping.

I am tempted to just step it up and get some Red Wings or Thorogood's since I'm getting close to the price of those anyway.

Anybody got opinions on a 6 " full grain leather soft toe boot with a goodyear welted and a dark sole?

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic