Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Opinion on the Bowman situation...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Opinion on the Bowman situation...

Oct 1, 2020, 5:44 PM

If we are playing on Demarkus only in a 4-game pre-redshirt deal, then has this been discussed and agreed with the player?

And if Demarkus is a better running back with more potential than anyone on the roster (not named ETN), then why would we redshirt him with a glaring opening coming after this season? If he's better than the others and stands a good shot of being 1st string next year, then play him and move him quickly thru the ranks. No? I mean I love all the dudes donning the Clemson uniform, especially if they work hard, but is there really any question he would beat out Lyn-J, Melusi, and Dukes? Not sure where Kobe falls, and no to offense Rencher - is running very well to start the year - but he is not the "long term" answer.

I get the grandfather thing, but one must be quizzical if that's what's really at the root here. If so, then please disregard everything I've said as my opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are no redshirts this year***

Oct 1, 2020, 5:52 PM

Thanks for that. It didn't hit me that true freshman can

Oct 1, 2020, 5:58 PM

play all year and get the year back.

With that said and reading follow-ups, I think it's mostly a matter of being homesick. Obviously this is a very common theme amongst freshmen.

I'm honestly going to hold out hope that our support system can keep him engaged long enough to fight the freshman doldrums. Heck, the kid basically just got here. He should give his initial instincts a little more time to pan out. He could basically play every game and all season, and still transfer if he still feels this way after we win the national championship.

Except for season ticket holders.***

Oct 2, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to There are no redshirts this year*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Opinion on the Bowman situation...

Oct 1, 2020, 5:54 PM

Every player gets a redshirt for the 2020 season regardless of the games played.

Guys don’t want to pay their dues anymore and the

Oct 1, 2020, 5:55 PM

Transfer portal gives them an easy out.

There is so much more to the RB position at Clemson than simply carrying the ball.

A lot of “5-star” guys don’t want to hear that, do they look for greener pastures after a few disappointing experiences.

I don't think we should assume that to be the case here tho.

Oct 1, 2020, 5:59 PM

Again, just my opinion.

Which is good because players that don't want to be here

Oct 1, 2020, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Guys don’t want to pay their dues anymore and the ]

can leave making room for people who do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why does there have to be some ulterior motive...

Oct 1, 2020, 6:04 PM

or conspiracy theory?

Perhaps...just maybe, it's nothing more or nothing less than pure homesickness.

He was not an early enrollee so he has only been on campus a few short weeks. Could be that this is his first time away from home for any significant period of time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Link?***

Oct 1, 2020, 6:05 PM

Sure...here are a couple of them.

Oct 1, 2020, 6:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So that's you retracring your statement?

Oct 1, 2020, 6:37 PM

Cool. Go Tigers.

*retracting

Oct 1, 2020, 6:38 PM

I suk at tpying.

Which statement is that?

Oct 1, 2020, 10:28 PM [ in reply to So that's you retracring your statement? ]

1 - Why does there have to be some ulterior motive or conspiracy?

2 - Perhaps...just maybe, it's nothing more or nothing less than pure homesickness.

3 - He was not an early enrollee so he has only been on campus a few short weeks. Could be that this is his first time away from home for any significant period of time.

Weren't you talkin about #1 tho?

Oct 2, 2020, 12:42 AM

I know I mentioned nothing of conspiracies in the course of this thread. I did mention both #2 and #3 tho.

Go Tigers.

2 family members recently passed

Oct 2, 2020, 1:01 AM

Thoughts & prayers....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I simply asked a couple of question...

Oct 2, 2020, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Weren't you talkin about #1 tho? ]

Never even remotely implied that I had any factual insider info.

Again, you didn't ask anything about #2 and #3.

Oct 2, 2020, 9:05 AM

You asked about #1, directly to me, as if that was in the post I wrote. Correct?

You said...

Oct 2, 2020, 9:35 AM

one must be "quizzical" if the passing of his grandfathers was really at the root here.

I simply asked why there had be more to the story and pointed-out that it really may be nothing more than simple homesickness.

oh ok so now you're switching back to saying I was suggesting a conspiracy?

Oct 2, 2020, 11:57 AM

Please make up your mind, sir. I suggested nothing of the sort. I expressed lots of opinions and wondered about how things transpired, just like everyone else on the page and in the world. You suggested I thought it was a conspiracy then danced around it like that's not what you meant. Come on man. Please stop with that.

By the way, you never said anything about homesickness. Read my follow-up post in this thread where I mentioned homesickness well before you and suggested that was the likely reason.

Look, we don't need to keep going back and forth bud. I never said anything about a conspiracy, and after I considered all known facts I suggested homesickness even before you made your conspiracy comment. But the thing is, There's no need to dance around what you did there. We're straight. Please check my follow-up and retract what you said like I I initially brought up.

I hope we are all clear on this and that as of now we agree on the homesick idea.

Go Tigers.

^^werst Tnet pillow fight evah^^

Oct 2, 2020, 1:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: ^^werst Tnet pillow fight evah^^

Oct 2, 2020, 2:26 PM

I thank u meen pillow “biter” right CourageousTiger?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Yeah if anyone knows about biting pillows, then

Oct 2, 2020, 5:06 PM

it would be a woman.

Carry on, ma'am.

Re: LOL. Yeah if anyone knows about biting pillows, then

Oct 2, 2020, 5:21 PM

But only a woman would use “LOL,” remember courageous? Forgot your own troll schtick.

Nobody said that, ever.

Oct 3, 2020, 12:22 PM

Just like Karen to make stuff up tho. Nice work exposing yourself yet again.

Re: Nobody said that, ever.

Oct 3, 2020, 4:20 PM

No, you said it you stupid coot troll SavageTiger3901

Time to take out the trash boys:
soccerkrzy®
quozzel
Carlsbad®

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/When-an-adult-male-uses-words-like-omg-lol-what-a-tool-and-thats-wild-then-27636314#27636314

Awww look at Karen soliciting help for TDs..

Oct 3, 2020, 4:51 PM

Too funny.

Can you please show me where I ever said "lol" was like like a woman when used by itself.

You can hide in your own little bizarre charade all you want, but please stop telling lies. Thanks.

Re: Awww look at Karen soliciting help for TDs..

Oct 3, 2020, 6:52 PM

Perfect reply from a coot. Not only does it make no sense, you really think people don’t see right through it. I hope you never get banned.

Rent free little boy.

Re: Why does there have to be some ulterior motive...

Oct 1, 2020, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Why does there have to be some ulterior motive... ]

I’m with you here. Especially in the strange times we are living in

Oct 1, 2020, 10:56 PM

He ate at Calhoun Corners, and felt oppressed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2020, 4:25 PM

No, he just wasn't as good at "social justice" as D. Rench.

Oct 2, 2020, 3:03 AM

His grandmother & Grandfather raised him mostly. I believe he was grieving and it’s tough to go from the man to 6th string. He fumbled the ball, you know how Dabo feels about fumbles, he probably got coached hard, told they have to trust him with the ball to put him on the field. It’s a tough tough pill to swallow as a freshman.

I wish him the best, he’ll learn it’s going to be hard where-ever he goes to learn the offense, blocking, holding onto the ball etc at this level. He’ll be more determined to work through it at his next stop.

Luckily we are deep at RB, somehow we’ll survive lol.

Best of luck Bowman!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

no it turns out the staff completely forgot about that

Oct 2, 2020, 3:30 AM

and didn't mention it to him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

didn't mention what?

Oct 2, 2020, 9:07 AM

Did you read my follow-up to the original post?

We disregard everything you say anyway.

Oct 2, 2020, 12:06 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Yes, of course you do.

Oct 2, 2020, 5:04 PM

Is that why you read literally every single post I make here, then proceed to TD about 90% of it?

Re: Yes, of course you do.

Oct 2, 2020, 5:40 PM

Your fan club is growing. How you triggered a guy like quozzel to wish you would disintegrate is pretty special. Take two weeks off of T-net then quit troll
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Ya-know-Quoz-Ive-seen-you-be-clingy-with-27872418#27872418

Oct 3, 2020, 6:58 AM

Hey, now. I didn't wish for him to disintegrate. I just wanted to see if he would disintegrate if his TigerPulse zeroed out.

You know. For science. ;)

Still waiting on seeing those savage debate skills..

Oct 3, 2020, 12:25 PM

In other words, another cool story.

Good luck with that whole disintegration thing tho. Sounds like something a fiction writer would believe.

Oct 3, 2020, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, of course you do. ]

Fair enough Quoz!

Someone else is giving you the downvotes, friend.

Oct 3, 2020, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Yes, of course you do. ]

I am not a TDer. Honestly, even if I were, your posts don’t bother me nearly enough to do that.

Have a great Saturday! Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Yes, of course Karen.

Oct 3, 2020, 12:18 PM

Shameful of you to lie like that.

It would be fun if Crump once and for all decided to show who gives TDs. Would you be willing to give me ten dollars for everytime you've TDed with with your KarenbeOrange handle?

And yet again, it's comical. You and the other "dude" log in at nearly exactly the same, then you reply in the same thread at the sane time and even quite often talk to yourself, then the rain of KarenbeKeller TDs begins. I guess you you think, since I pointed this out 6 months ago, that the more obvious you make it the more dubious it becomes? Trulu comical.

But hey, you just keep on not reading every single post I make here.

And yet again...

Oct 3, 2020, 12:21 PM [ in reply to We disregard everything you say anyway. ]

Who is "we"?

I mean we (you and I) know there are at least 3 different ladies living in your head, but are there more, Sybil?

He's homesick, and the Pandemic has made it much

Oct 2, 2020, 5:34 PM

more pronounced since he's living "in a bubble" without all the usual college distractions to keep him busy.

Sad that he made this decision. He'll probably regret it one day, but many people just make bad choices sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP0oQCh_teg

I'm with you, but until Dabo comes out and says

Oct 3, 2020, 12:34 PM

it's over, then I'm holding out some hope the support staff can reel him him. I mean for one we have CJ on staff, and he nearly transferred at one point, wanting to get back to Florida.

Oct 3, 2020, 7:36 AM

Guys there was a lot more to this situation than has been mentioned here. His departure had some mutual components to it, i.e. mutual between Clemson and Bowman. Truely a good decision for all parties. All parties happy to move on. Hopefully he eventually gets a degree.

You got any facts?

Oct 3, 2020, 12:27 PM

Doubt it.

Pace looked better to me, though, only 2 games.***

Oct 3, 2020, 6:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic