Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why does OSUs close win vs Mich St
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Why does OSUs close win vs Mich St

Nov 21, 2016, 9:23 AM

Not get scrutinized like our close wins over UL and NCST were? The media practically acted like we had lost both games... OSU needed an 8 loss team to go full ###### to escape with a win. If OSU doesnt drop to #4 then the committee is a complete joke only looking out for TV ratings.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why does OSUs close win vs Mich St

Nov 21, 2016, 9:28 AM

Winning on the road in the snow should not cost them a spot in the playoffs. Nothing will change in the top 4 this week. Sorry dude but that is dumb to even say. Were we not #2 with the close Ws??

Nov 21, 2016, 9:44 AM

Of course it makes sense. We have the # 2 strength of schedule. Clemson should be #2. Clearly ahead of Michigan and should be clearly ahead of Ohio St.

According to what? There are a bunch of different SoS

Nov 21, 2016, 9:47 AM

metrics and they can give wildly different results. FEI had our SoS at 31 heading into the Wake game Saturday (it hasn't been updated yet today). Ohio State is 34 and will jump way past us when they play Michigan next week and we have the Coots.

A close win to a 9 win team and a close

Nov 21, 2016, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Why does OSUs close win vs Mich St ]

Win to an 8 loss team is not the same thing. Fail. Using snow as an excuse for 2 Northern teams? Put down the fail nog. Thats like saying UGA is at a disadvantage for playing Auburn on a hot September day in Alabama.....

Who is this 9 win team?***

Nov 21, 2016, 9:48 AM

If you read the OP its clear im referring

Nov 21, 2016, 9:51 AM

To Louisville.....

We've also had close wins over three 8 wins teams

Nov 21, 2016, 10:00 AM

and a 5 win team.

You keep proving my point

Nov 21, 2016, 10:25 AM

That you cant compare our close wins to good team to their close win to a dumpster fire

I agree with NAT here

Nov 21, 2016, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Why does OSUs close win vs Mich St ]

MSU isn't just a bad team, they are a terrible team this year. OSU looked like garbage Saturday and they should fall back to 4, putting Michigan and Clemson ahead of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nov 21, 2016, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Why does OSUs close win vs Mich St ]

Mich. St. also played in the snow. I agree with NAT

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2016, 2:51 PM

The point is that snow is an equalizer. You can put all of the athletes you want on the field, but the game changes in the elements.

You can't throw deep and you can't make cuts. MSU still has good players. Their QB play has been bad, but when it's windy and snowing, that is evened out.

That's why comparing snow and heat is dumb.

Nov 21, 2016, 3:10 PM

The snow was not that bad I recall. West Virginia and Oklahoma was played in the snow. If snow equalized the playing field, I'd hate to see those two teams play on the perfect field. Okla. might have scored 100!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2016, 9:47 AM

why is Dantonio such a bone head? We'll he's a coot but anyone know on the late score you kick the PAT to tie and hope to hold em, get a turnover, or beat them in OT. Almost 5 min left is way too early for a 2 pt attempt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree. I don't think that decision was clear cut at all

Nov 21, 2016, 9:57 AM

and i would probably side with Dantonio on that one. Play call wasn't great, but i really like shortening the game against teams that are greatly superior to your own.

Not with that much time left, kick the PAT and let

Nov 21, 2016, 10:01 AM

your defense stop them. That extra point changes the entire dynamic of the game. When OSU got the ball back they were doing everything they could to just eat up the clock as opposed to pressing downfield.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

What did MSU do that was full ######?

Nov 21, 2016, 10:02 AM

Going for 2 probably gave them the best chance to win that game.

Also gave them the best chance to lose it***

Nov 21, 2016, 10:04 AM

Better chance of losing in regulation, sure. Better chance

Nov 21, 2016, 10:07 AM

of losing in general, i would need to see a more convincing argument.

Disagree

Nov 21, 2016, 10:06 AM [ in reply to What did MSU do that was full ######? ]

I get going for 2 if it was under a minute, and even then I think I'd only go for 2 if you can outright win the game right at that moment.

I'm OK with rolling the dice on a single play to win the game, but there's too much time there to go for it. If you get it, then you still leave 4 minutes for the buckeyes to score.

But, I wouldn't say it's "full ######". Just a questionable decision, especially at home. It took the pressure off the Buckeyes and let them breathe a bit with the lead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why does it need to be a do or die situation to be a

Nov 21, 2016, 10:10 AM

good call?

I can see doing it with under a minute to go

Nov 21, 2016, 10:28 AM [ in reply to What did MSU do that was full ######? ]

But with 5 mins your D that had only given up 17 pts was very capable of getting a stop and allowing you to win with a FG or OT

I RA'd the college football committee.***

Nov 21, 2016, 10:06 AM

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic