Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do all you “experts” forget about 2021 RB Mafah
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Why do all you “experts” forget about 2021 RB Mafah

Oct 19, 2020, 1:51 PM

When you talk about RB future after TE9? He is fast and Big!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do all you “experts” forget about 2021 RB Mafah

Oct 19, 2020, 1:55 PM

Who forgot? Mafah is going to be great. He's having a big year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2020, 2:11 PM

I think he will be a beast.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2020, 2:20 PM

bengaline said:

When you talk about RB future after TE9? He is fast and Big!

It's the same people who forget the whole Travis Etienne story and "who we unseated" as a lower tier player! Per Rivals.com TE9 was a 3 star recruit(tagged at bottom of my post).

Our coaches have gotten to the point where they can be picky as to who they bring in. Trust/believe if a kid is on the roster whether his name is Demarcus Bowman or not - the kid can play! I tell ya - Mikey Dukes is a kid I have my eyes on. He shows flashes of brilliance. Needs to hold on to the rock better; but you can see the vision. Kobe Pace(Pryor) is also going to be a beast for us! All is not lost and the two we have coming next season only cements my thought on the whole DB thing!

#WeToDeep

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/travis-etienne-11589

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I missed that ETN was a 3 star!

Oct 19, 2020, 2:27 PM

He came in late but got absolute rave reviews from our coaches and players. They saw he was special. I don’t even remember who didn’t commit or decommited. Would you trade him for any other RB? If there was ever the perfect Dabo Era Clemson RB, it is RTN.

Re: I missed that ETN was a 3 star!

Oct 19, 2020, 2:31 PM

RickyC78 said:

He came in late but got absolute rave reviews from our coaches and players. They saw he was special. I don’t even remember who didn’t commit or decommited. Would you trade him for any other RB? If there was ever the perfect Dabo Era Clemson RB, it is RTN.

I wouldn't trade TE9 for any RB; no matter how many stars. I know you feel the same! I am with you on the decommit - I have been trying to figure out the player we """"mised out on""""!
Be good to know, right. Kind of compare what they have done in college to what Travis has done.

Anybody know who the player was in 2017 class that decommitted late? Or not decommitted didn't commit when the coaches thought he was a strong Clemson lean?

If no one knows, I'll see what I can find later.

Oct 19, 2020, 2:44 PM

Cordarrian Richardson "de-committed" (I think we stopped recruiting him after the academic scandal at his high school) in December. Travis had been wanting to hear from Clemson but we were full at the position until Richardson de-committed. Elliott reached out and the rest is history in the making.

Oct 19, 2020, 2:54 PM

TigerZen said:

Cordarrian Richardson "de-committed" (I think we stopped recruiting him after the academic scandal at his high school) in December. Travis had been wanting to hear from Clemson but we were full at the position until Richardson de-committed. Elliott reached out and the rest is history in the making.

Ok. Thanks! I was thinking it was someone that ended up at FSU.

Oct 19, 2020, 2:20 PM

TU for this post bengaline!! Mafah is destroying defenses every week!! Dude is gonna be a superstar!!

Oct 19, 2020, 2:39 PM

I believe you are thinking about White who went to UGA. We thought we had a real good shot, but he never committed to us as I recall.

2017 RB Class - Attached

Oct 19, 2020, 2:51 PM

So, 247 Sports had TE9 as the #18 overall prospect. I want to say it was Cam Akers that we were thinking we would get; but last minute he choose FSU. I just remember whoever it was - was a big disappointment when we didn't land him.

Check this list out between 18-30. Some amazing football players some of whom are already in the NFL. Some will be.

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&PositionGroup=BACK

Oct 19, 2020, 2:36 PM

I sure haven’t forgotten. Ever since there was mutual interest last year, I was hoping Clemson would land him. For his talent mainly, but think about how his last name lends itself to announcers and signs ??.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who

Oct 19, 2020, 2:55 PM

will be able to stop him?

Oct 19, 2020, 3:23 PM

He is big and fast in the mold of Todd Gurley.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2020, 4:36 PM

Felix2® said:

He is big and fast in the mold of Todd Gurley.

LOL!

Be interesting to see a bruiser type RB in our offense. Travis breaks tackles with the best; but is not what anybody would call a bruiser. I think Melussi is more of a straight line - run through or around you type. Clemson has been blessed in the RB department for certain - and God willing - it will remain that way! Looks like it will.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic