Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are there so many Natty Tix for sale?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Why are there so many Natty Tix for sale?

Jan 1, 2019, 6:30 PM

Did people honestly think they could sell these tickets for a profit?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everybody remembers Tampa

Jan 1, 2019, 6:38 PM

so the answer is yes, they thought it and many will be right

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Everybody remembers Tampa

Jan 1, 2019, 6:40 PM

TV is the best seat in the house.

Marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = tiger michael = Reggaeman

Jan 1, 2019, 8:19 PM

uva 28 u5c 0

Re: Everybody remembers Tampa

Jan 1, 2019, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Everybody remembers Tampa ]

Tickets in the same section as my IPTAY seats are selling for about 1/2 what I’ll be paying. I’m nauseous.

Re: Why are there so many Natty Tix for sale?

Jan 1, 2019, 6:40 PM

In our case, we had 4 family members back out. I’m sure there are a lot of people like us - people tell them “h3ll yea I’ll go!” and then we win and it’s like “oh wait, you’re serious? California?!”

So yea, that sucks.

Learned My lesson a few years ago - I get the money up front

Jan 1, 2019, 7:01 PM

before I send in request -- then refund if we don't go -- otherwise they can order their own

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

same here

Jan 1, 2019, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are there so many Natty Tix for sale? ]

Not trying to make any money off of the tickets when I ordered. Just thought my crew would all go.

Learned my lesson. I will pay market value for tickets outside of IPTAY from now on.

Wonder if IPTAY will give those of us who paid full ticket prices will get more points as a reward? Probably not - just wishful thinking. lol

GO TIGERS!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 6:51 PM

Yeah Tampa was just the perfect storm to sell tickets high cause it was such an easy drive for everyone to get to and the stadium only held like 70k this game will be like arizona you can get in for 50.00

Jan 1, 2019, 6:52 PM

SIMPLY...IPTAY distribution system is VERY flawed.NM

Jan 1, 2019, 6:52 PM

SIMPLY...IPTAY distribution system is VERY flawed.NM

Jan 1, 2019, 6:55 PM

Let me see. Two teams from the southeast playing in Northern California. Airfare expensive. Hotels expensive. The two school fan bases have played in a combined 13 playoff games in the last 4 years, in addition to 7 conference championship games. People are tapped out - both Bama and Clemson. Do I need to go on?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson fans knew where the game was

Jan 1, 2019, 7:06 PM

being played. IPTAY members have become opportunist and this one bit them this time.

opportunist?

Jan 1, 2019, 7:20 PM

Man, do you sound butt hurt! Or maybe you sound like Brian Kelly?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

He is right. I know several that bought just to

Jan 1, 2019, 8:24 PM

Re-sell. Tampa is on their mind.

Re: opportunist?

Jan 1, 2019, 9:00 PM [ in reply to opportunist? ]

What else would you call buying something you don’t need in hopes of selling it for a quick profit? Seems like the very definition of opportunistic.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone knew where the game was gonna be played.

Jan 1, 2019, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are there so many Natty Tix for sale? ]

Tickets are selling for 1/3 face value in some places.

I just don't get why so many fans purchased knowing the game was in Cali if they knew they couldn't go

Re: Everyone knew where the game was gonna be played.

Jan 1, 2019, 7:19 PM

Same reason why 9 ND fans we sitting in front and beside me at the Cotton Bowl in the iptay section next to Tiger Band.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

holy cow, just looked-over 300 listed on this site for sale

Jan 1, 2019, 7:23 PM

eating $500-$700 tickets doesn't digest easily.

There's some folks gonna learn a hard lesson here.

Re: holy cow, just looked-over 300 listed on this site for sale

Jan 1, 2019, 7:26 PM

I love it.

Jan 1, 2019, 8:26 PM

Question..Baker...why do you "love it"?

Jan 1, 2019, 8:30 PM

I love people being greedy and losing their a s s. I’ve had to put up with visiting fans all around me for 3 straight playoff games and I’m sick of it.

Jan 1, 2019, 7:40 PM

I decided to buy a car recently, so I'm trying to be responsible and not shell out even more money on transportation, lol. Though I do think this game is about to be EPIC.

Jan 1, 2019, 7:42 PM

Laughing hard at the ones who’s intent was to profit. Hold this L

Really poor research by people. Schools alot much more tix

Jan 1, 2019, 7:51 PM

for Natty than Bowl games due to the corporate stuff with bowls.

And, prices for phx were well below face value and that was our first Natty in 30 years.

Why would anyone think they could turn a profit for Cali? Just really surprised seeing so many for sell.

I assumed nobody would really purchase and would just wait on market prices for this one.

Re: Really poor research by people. Schools alot much more tix

Jan 1, 2019, 9:03 PM

Some people don’t understand supply and demand well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

several reasons

Jan 1, 2019, 7:50 PM

1.After the last two years, the market started much too high. So, very few buyers the last 12 months compared to most years.

2. California - Northern CA on a Monday night at 5 PM. Worst location and time possible. Christmas in Hawaii might be better.

3. Only chance to be face was ND, WA, USC.

4. Worst team for ticket sales. Bama is done. You can't only take so many trips of a lifetime. They still have about 8000 tickets to sell and will try to sell on Stubhub. This market is going a lot lower than it is now.

5. After Tampa, the playoff committee cut a deal to sell 12,000 or so tickets to a broker in FL. The broker knows nothing about college football but got lucky with the matchup. This year, that broker should have been selling thousands at face or a little over but they didn't. They have at least 10,000 left to sell.

Going to the game for free will be very easy. Any Tiger fan who can should get to California. I plan to sit on the 50 in Club seats for free along with friends.

Those reasons are why I'm surprised Clemson people are selling.***

Jan 1, 2019, 7:53 PM

Re: several reasons

Jan 1, 2019, 8:02 PM [ in reply to several reasons ]

Just looked at Stubhub and tix currently available as low as $212. I looked at tix back in August and the prices weren't even that low, then they tripled by November. A lot of people going to lose money on this one. If it wasn't a week trip to drive, I would show up game day and get great tickets for less $100.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2019, 7:54 PM

People going to lose serious money on these unfortunately. Maybe it will cause some to go when they realize their $600-$700 tickets aren’t going to sell for more than $100-$200. I didn’t buy through iptay this time bc I remember Phoenix was cheap and that was our first time.

Yeah, just shocked so many iptay Tix were sold and so many extras

Jan 1, 2019, 7:58 PM

are available in the iptay sections from fans who purchased thru iptay.

I would've thought people would have known better than to pay $600 for this ticket.

Re: Yeah, just shocked so many iptay Tix were sold and so many extras

Jan 1, 2019, 8:00 PM

I've been looking for club seats and it looks like Clemson only got end zone seats from the tickets listed in Tigernet. I've already booked my flight so I'm going. Now just waiting for rock bottom on the tickets. I think there's still a way to go as more tickets get listed.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama fans wear ankle bracelets that won't let them

Jan 1, 2019, 8:01 PM

travel west of the Mississippi River

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama fans know the Tiger Tempest blowin' their way.***

Jan 1, 2019, 8:48 PM

Jan 1, 2019, 8:56 PM

It's 3,000 miles away in CA. Might as well be in Alaska or Australia.

Most people can't afford to drop $2-3 grand per person on the trip.

Ticketmaster, StubHub & the other monopolies controlling entertainment worldwide are the essence of greed & corruption.

This is THE rainy season in San Fran area - January. Darn good chance you're sitting in the rain. Great job picking THIS outdoor venue! Dumbells did this - or got paid off - one or the other.

Too many stinking bowls. 40?? About 36 of them were so poorly attended it was embarrassing. Even the Gator was maybe 20-25% full. Aside from the bank-busting cost, there's nothing special about 80 teams going to bowls (unless it's the playoffs) - but the cost has GOT to be reduced or it's about over.

game is in California. Commies don't watch football***

Jan 1, 2019, 9:05 PM

Jan 1, 2019, 9:09 PM

Have you been there lately? I was there in the late summer. Horrible place. Darn if I’m exposing my family to the nastiness I experienced there.

And yes, we went to Phoenix and Tampa.

Phideaux

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic