Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are Dems so adamant for criminal rights?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Why are Dems so adamant for criminal rights?

Feb 4, 2021, 8:34 AM

Whats the end game?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they cant tax them***

Feb 4, 2021, 8:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They cant take their guns***

Feb 4, 2021, 8:50 AM

They couldn’t care less about climate change***

Feb 4, 2021, 8:51 AM

Re: They couldn’t care less about climate change***

Feb 4, 2021, 7:04 PM

clemchem® said:

They can get their votes!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why are Dems so adamant for criminal rights?

Feb 4, 2021, 9:27 AM

chem,

You do realize that you are talking to yourself, yes ?

Feb 4, 2021, 11:26 AM

Right to vote for felons is coming soon, that’s why.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 7:05 PM

Soon? It already is in some states.

Feb 4, 2021, 11:35 AM

brings up an emerging idea in criminal justice reform.

A man shoplifts a $1000 watch from a department store to sell and feed his family. He goes to prison for 2 years for a felony which could cost upwards of 100k and he comes out even more damaged and unabel to find a job.. Would it have not made more sense to just give him $1000? and a bunch of community service until he gets a job?

Strung out Drug addict goes on through a residential neighborhood smashing every window of every car until he finds something he can pawn and sell to get his fix. Causes 10's of thousands in damage and goes away for 5 years. It costs the tax payers 500k, when even the best drug treatment facilities on the planet cost 100k. Let's not even get into the cost of the war on drugs and the toll it takes on law enforcement. Would it not make more sense to put him through treatment and Probabtion?

We have to start being more rational and get over this notion of good guys and bad guys, "and that some people are just born that way" People are a mixed bag capable of all kinds of things.

IMO, people who do not commit violent crimes should not go to prison, there are other, cheaper alternatives. Now the other 10% that is permanently damaged and do engage in violence repeatedly, that is a different story.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 11:41 AM

I’d be willing to guess that most shoplifters are funding their own drug habit. SNAP pays a ### ton these days.

Whomever stole my mt bike shouldn’t get any jail time, but should have both their hands chopped off. I’d be good with that punishment.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 12:11 PM

then send them to treatment, otherwise, it is a revolving door of incarceration and crime. I realize it is a profitable industry for some, but that is no reason to perpetuate a several century-old punitive system that has proven to do little to deter or prevent crime. The war n drugs was an utter failure, it just led to more crime. Put the people through treatment, if that does not work, then lock them up.

I’m all for treatment for addicts and the like

Feb 5, 2021, 8:46 AM

My biggest problem with it and why I’m not sure it would work
You can lead a horse to water...

Feb 4, 2021, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Why are Dems so adamant for criminal rights? ]

Balm, here's the problem...

In both your scenarios the statistics say the man and addict are probably black. Until there is an effort internal to the black community to change their culture, there is no rehab or treatment that will stick in general.

The recidivism rate would still be outrageously high - 90+% as a guess.

Until blacks realize individual responsibility and education is the way to go, nothing will change. You can take today's headlines and do a "diff" on headlines in 50 years and the same issues will still exist.

This is because the Democrats must keep the blacks in status quo to achieve the block vote. Yes, indeed it is that simple. Fix the culture, fix the gov't dependence and alas, we have utopia.

Feb 4, 2021, 12:13 PM

I do not care what race the person is. I am just talking about a system-wide evaluation of our penal system, and possibly trying something that seeks positive outcomes over punitive measures. It would create a healthier, more productive society and cost us less in the long run.

Feb 4, 2021, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are Dems so adamant for criminal rights? ]

NC,

There are a few things that jump out to me about your post.

1. We ALL live in an American culture. This artificial separation of a black culture and a white culture in your mind might be a part of the problem. These problems are OUR problems and the solutions musty be OURS too, to have any real chance of success.

2. Are you capable of seeing that 250 years of slavery might have contributed to the nature of this "black culture" to which you refer ?

3.. Finally, do you really believe that Democrats are deliberately trying to keep black Americans in their inferior position to gain votes ? You don't think that Democrats would like to see people of color achieve equal and fair standing in our society ? And you don't think that if the Democrats could help them achieve that fair and equal status that they would then get their votes ??

Feb 4, 2021, 7:13 PM

NC,

There are a few things that jump out to me about your post.

1. We ALL live in an American culture. This artificial separation of a black culture and a white culture in your mind might be a part of the problem. These problems are OUR problems and the solutions musty be OURS too, to have any real chance of success.

2. Are you capable of seeing that 250 years of slavery might have contributed to the nature of this "black culture" to which you refer ?

3.. Finally, do you really believe that Democrats are deliberately trying to keep black Americans in their inferior position to gain votes ? You don't think that Democrats would like to see people of color achieve equal and fair standing in our society ? And you don't think that if the Democrats could help them achieve that fair and equal status that they would then get their votes ??

If you decide to commit a federal crime, this is not OUR problem , it’s your problem and YOUR rights could and SHOULD be in question. If YOU decide to drop out of school or YOU have children because YOU are young and have no self control then YOU should work to feed the life YOU created. While yes it is OUR country, YOU ( everyone) has to play a role individually to make it right and until YOU realize that, WE should continue to tell YOU to help US help YOU!

Forgot to preface with "I'm not racist, but"***

Feb 4, 2021, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are Dems so adamant for criminal rights? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Forgot to preface with "I'm not racist, but"***

Feb 4, 2021, 4:09 PM

Yeah, that's what he did.***

Feb 4, 2021, 4:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

You have no right to other people's stuff, period.

Feb 4, 2021, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are Dems so adamant for criminal rights? ]

So if the homeowner doesn't shoot the robber, then the robber should be punished. They should have to pay for all the loss/damage and should have to pay an equal amount as a penalty. (so, 2 x the damage they did). If they can't pay, they should have to work it off somehow.

I do agree with you about the war on drugs though. Drugs would be much less expensive and much less dangerous if they were legal. Prohibition is as idiotic now as it was during the alcohol days, but for some reason some people just don't get it.

Violent offenders should be separated from society somehow. I'm not sure the best way, which is why I prefer when the victim defends themselves and solves the problem on the spot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are Dems so adamant for criminal rights? ]

A man shoplifts a $1000 watch from a department store to sell and feed his family. He goes to prison for 2 years for a felony which could cost upwards of 100k and he comes out even more damaged and unabel to find a job.. Would it have not made more sense to just give him $1000? and a bunch of community service until he gets a job?

Strung out Drug addict goes on through a residential neighborhood smashing every window of every car until he finds something he can pawn and sell to get his fix. Causes 10's of thousands in damage and goes away for 5 years. It costs the tax payers 500k, when even the best drug treatment facilities on the planet cost 100k. Let's not even get into the cost of the war on drugs and the toll it takes on law enforcement. Would it not make more sense to put him through treatment and Probabtion?

We have to start being more rational and get over this notion of good guys and bad guys, "and that some people are just born that way" People are a mixed bag capable of all kinds of things.

IMO, people who do not commit violent crimes should not go to prison, there are other, cheaper alternatives. Now the other 10% that is permanently damaged and do engage in violence repeatedly, that is a different story.

What about the other percent who manipulate the system by working under the table ( illegally), not reporting income, receiving government aide and free healthcare, then loading $1000 dollars ( about 2 and a half buggies full ) of food stamp lobsters/steaks into a 1uear old Cadillac Escalade?

Feb 4, 2021, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are Dems so adamant for criminal rights? ]

Unfortunately to some Balm, community service to some is equivalent to modern day chain gang and is deemed immoral and in humane to some.

duh votes, just like everything else they do***

Feb 4, 2021, 12:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh, accused criminal rights.***

Feb 4, 2021, 2:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 6:39 PM

Everything they do, illegal or not, malignant or just badass, is designed to court VOTES. Been that way since Adam and Eve.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic