Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why announce no school til end of April?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,079

Why announce no school til end of April?

Mar 24, 2020, 6:02 PM

See what happens next week. Watch what Trump says about getting America back to work after the 15 days at the end of the month. Irresponsible. Now if people go back to work they won’t be able to because their kids are out of school

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too early to go back.***

Mar 24, 2020, 6:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Why announce no school til end of April?

Mar 24, 2020, 6:15 PM

It's wacky for sure.

I thought it was something made up when I read some posts on CNN but wow is all I can say.

At worst I figured we'd ride through April and be hopeful to open in May if there was positive news but this kind of thinking...just hope it works out if they plan on making it official to open everything up after Easter.

I'm a self-employed individual so this sucks for what I do (DJ & Live Music)so hoping we get some help and clarity...

BUT I worry about my parents and older family members becoming casualties due to opening up the return to normal everyday life.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he'll open business.......

Mar 24, 2020, 6:50 PM

back up if the medical people tell him it would be a mistake to do so.

It's simple--the # of cases is rising daily

Mar 24, 2020, 8:28 PM

Is it sound thinking to throw everyone together again when cases are on an upward swing?

https://www.wistv.com/2020/03/24/dhec-additional-covid-cases-announced-sc/

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

It is simple, and Easter will probably be too early. Still,

Mar 24, 2020, 10:14 PM

Trump is right; at some point the cure becomes worse than the disease. I don't know when that will be, but eventually the economy will crash and burn if we continue down this path for too long. Tough decisions will have to be made. I know this is different from the flu, and is potentially much worse, but tens of thousands die from the flu every year; we have come to expect it, to accept it. We may get to a point where we have to accept that some will die from covid 19 as well, and that normal life will have to go on in spite of it. I think we stay the course for a while, and do everything we can to flatten the curve, but staying on lockdown for say, 6 months or maybe even 3 months, will have severe, long term consequenses for us all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 25, 2020, 12:45 AM

See what happens next week. Watch what Trump says about getting America back to work after the 15 days at the end of the month. Irresponsible. Now if people go back to work they won’t be able to because their kids are out of school

Just so you know ahead of time...there will be NO school before August and the probably of school then is less than 50% at this time...maybe mid fall but Iah it will probably be 2021!!! Just giving you a heads up!!!

Mar 25, 2020, 8:16 AM

And you know this how?

Mar 25, 2020, 8:13 AM

So people don’t work when their kids are out for summer? I’ve worked everyday since this madness started. What’s irresponsible is the media handling of this event. Anything to bash the president, never let a tragedy go to waste.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2020, 9:10 AM

If you're referring to SC governor closing the schools, he did say that...paraphrasing here....but if he sees things have improved and we can send kids back sooner, he would. Just like that, the order to close until Apr will be rescinded and a new order to reopen is issued. But schools need to have some idea how to plan. They are doing online instruction and assignments now - the Apr 30 mandate gives them some sort of timeline and planning fence to make their daily plans for a few weeks.

Honestly I'm preparing for my kids to be home until next school year

Mar 25, 2020, 9:33 AM

I have a feeling they aren't going back this year. I would gladly be wrong about that though because its frigging nuts in my house every day right now.

Re: Honestly I'm preparing for my kids to be home until next school year

Mar 25, 2020, 9:45 AM

User Logo
TigersAndCubs®
110%er [8583]
TigerPulse: 100%
Hones­tly I'm preparing for my kids to be home until next school year
Posted: Mar 25, 2020 9:33 AM

I have a feeling they aren't going back this year. I would gladly be wrong about that though because its frigging nuts in my house every day right now.

MAYBE ONE DAY YOU COULD DECIDE TO FILL THAT GLASS ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,079
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic