Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why Raffensberger recorded call with Trump, and released it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,107

Why Raffensberger recorded call with Trump, and released it.

Jan 4, 2021, 12:51 PM

"It started on Saturday when Trump and his team reached out to talk to Raffensperger, who, according to an adviser, felt he would be unethically pressured by the president. Raffensperger had been here before: In November he accused Trump ally and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham of improperly exhorting him to meddle in the election to help Trump win Georgia. Graham later denied it.

So why not record the call with the president, Raffensperger’s advisers thought, if nothing else for fact-checking purposes. “This is a man who has a history of reinventing history as it occurs,” one of them told Playbook. “So if he’s going to try to dispute anything on the call, it’s nice to have something like this, hard evidence, to dispute whatever he’s claiming about the secretary. Lindsey Graham asked us to throw out legally cast ballots. So yeah, after that call, we decided maybe we should do this.”

The call took place Saturday afternoon. “Mr. President,” announced Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff, at the top of the call, “everyone is on the line.” Little did he know. Trump made his ask and did most of the talking for the next hour, trafficking in the same conspiracy theories about election fraud that no court or criminal investigator has found credible. At the end of the call, Trump complains, “What a schmuck I was.”

Raffensperger’s team kept quiet about the call and the recording and waited. The president made the next move, claiming on Sunday morning via Twitter that Raffensperger was “unwilling, or unable, to answer” questions about his baseless claims of widespread voter fraud. “Respectfully, President Trump: What you're saying is not true,” Raffensperger replied at 10:27 a.m. “The truth will come out.” It wasn’t an empty promise.

This isn’t the first time that a call or his recorded comments have threatened Trump (see: Access Hollywood, Ukraine president)."

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/01/04/the-backstory-of-trumps-georgia-call-491268

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why Raffensberger recorded call with Trump, and released it.

Jan 4, 2021, 1:01 PM

nothing trump said in that call was off base. he was cheated and is just trying to get the guy to get to the bottom of it.

LOL

Jan 4, 2021, 1:03 PM

at you

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Raffensberger recorded call with Trump, and released it. ]

robert,

De lu sion al

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bless your heart.

Jan 4, 2021, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Why Raffensberger recorded call with Trump, and released it. ]

It's people like you who make me laugh when Boomers and Gen-Xers talk about how doomed the country is in the hands of Millennials and Gen Zers.

I mean. How far lower can we go?!?!?!

Jan 4, 2021, 1:04 PM

Is Trump having a nervous breakdown? He is definitely unfit for office. Poor guy is a mess.

Jan 4, 2021, 7:04 PM

As my late mother said several times while watching Trump speak a few years ago on tv

“ I believe he’s mental “

TL;DR

Jan 4, 2021, 9:56 PM

Re: TL;DR

Jan 4, 2021, 10:00 PM

i cant believe he made trump say all those bad things.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TL;DR

Jan 4, 2021, 10:03 PM

so you are saying trump did nothing wrong?

Jan 4, 2021, 10:12 PM

Man, GA must have changed. Didn’t know RINOs existed

Jan 4, 2021, 10:10 PM [ in reply to TL;DR ]

there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, GA must have changed. Didn’t know RINOs existed

Jan 4, 2021, 10:20 PM

he just owned trump and you are calling him our for where

Jan 4, 2021, 10:27 PM

he was born?

also, Fulton County DA Fani Willis is already looking into this.

Re: he just owned trump and you are calling him our for where

Jan 4, 2021, 10:37 PM

your opinion of her is irrelevant.***

Jan 4, 2021, 10:40 PM

trump would be powerless against her once out of office should the elections board refer the case to her.. If there is a crime here, and I am not sure cause I am not a lawyer, then I imagine a young, ambitious black woman like herself would love to have this notch in her belt.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,107
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic