Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Announcer in Texas game nailed it...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Announcer in Texas game nailed it...

Dec 31, 2019, 10:38 PM

“Clemson, OSU, LSU are on a different level than OK any of the top 3 could beat the other on any given day.”

Could not agree more. I think it is close to 50/50 if we all played each 10 times a piece.

Just hoping our Tigers our execute the the Cajuns.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wholeheartedly disagree re/OSU

Dec 31, 2019, 10:40 PM

We beat them with our C game.

Will let you know Jan 14 about LSU....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wholeheartedly disagree re/OSU

Dec 31, 2019, 10:46 PM

In fairness they had something to do with us playing B- really good physical team

Dec 31, 2019, 11:41 PM [ in reply to Wholeheartedly disagree re/OSU ]

Would you call that their A game? I would not.

I think we beat their C game with our C game. If we played the game they did, we would probably rate it a D. Dropped balls, stupid penalties, turnovers, etc.

Both teams had quite a bit to do with the others performance.

Now- I would be curious to see what would have happened if we had Tee the entire game.

Jan 1, 2020, 1:01 AM

I wanna know why Tee is such a big deal when we have so much talent.

Because he has had a breakout year....and there is a chemistry between him and TL.

Jan 1, 2020, 9:54 AM

Tee has been amazing the last few games leading up to the playoff. If you can't see that.....you have not been watching.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Wholeheartedly disagree re/OSU ]

The big deal in my opinion was we made game plan based on having Tee as our primary receiver. When Tee went down, it kinda threw off our rhythm or whatever we had with the game plan. Ross didn’t look completely comfortable replacing Tee, nor did Overton.

If Tee didn’t go down, I don’t think we would have been struggle offensively as we did in the first half.

Jan 3, 2020, 8:56 AM

this is what I was getting at. of course Tee is a great player, but we have a number of great receivers. so why make Tee the centerpiece when we can spread it around?

at this point it matters little- we won.

Jan 3, 2020, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Wholeheartedly disagree re/OSU ]

this is what I was getting at. of course Tee is a great player, but we have a number of great receivers. so why make Tee the centerpiece when we can spread it around?

at this point it matters little- we won.

you have to give them credit for forcing our "c game".***

Jan 1, 2020, 1:06 AM [ in reply to Wholeheartedly disagree re/OSU ]

Jan 1, 2020, 3:19 AM [ in reply to Wholeheartedly disagree re/OSU ]

I said this a few days ago, but will again.

A large part of the 1st half vs the B-eyes, seems for whatever reason - we were a little flat or thought we could cruise (somewhat) through the game. We woke up, fortunately. Going forward, I just can't see us having 2 subpar games back-to-back. Even IF we don't win - I bet for 60 minutes we'll be playing TO win.

Jan 1, 2020, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Wholeheartedly disagree re/OSU ]

For the 1st QTR and half the 2nd QTR, the 0-4io state offense played A+ outside and B- inside the red zone while their defense played A+.

During the same time, the Clemson defense played B outside and A- inside the red zone. The offense was C- at best until it all turned in the 2nd QTR.

For the game, I would say the Clemson defense should get an overall B+ for holding the highest scoring team in the country to their lowest total all season.

The Clemson offense should get a B+ for adjusting and scoring the most points on the so called best defense in the country.

The defense grade would be higher for me but there were 2 big plays where 0-4io state stopped themselves.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Wholeheartedly disagree re/OSU ]

When both teams bring their A games, sometimes you only get B results.

We have become so jaded, that we cannot conceive that another team might be our equal - might be able to stop us from doing what we normally do (Please don't let us become like Bama or OSU fans) .

The coaches and the players know better. They played their best game of the year and won against a fine OSU squad. When did that become not enough for us ?

Jan 1, 2020, 9:33 AM

We sometimes forget what coaches know and tell their players:

"Those guys are on scholarship, too."

"Did you think it was gonna be easy?"

Nope! Closer to Clemson wins 80/20.

Dec 31, 2019, 10:46 PM

Don't care if its close or blow outs, Clemson gets it done more times that not.

I concur

Dec 31, 2019, 11:34 PM

Clemson ROCKS! Tigers ROLLLLLLLL!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Yup...the question LSU and tOSU

Jan 1, 2020, 6:00 AM

Ask themselves is 'Can we do this?' It creeps into their minds...it's new, uncharted territory.

Clemson no longer asks that question...Tigers wait until they see the 'question' in the opponents' eyes. It's always there.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Announcer in Texas game nailed it...

Jan 1, 2020, 9:49 AM

I think this is the type team and the kind of year that we may not always be fielding a better team than our opponent on any given Saturday, or Monday but that really has nothing to do with the fact that we can beat any given team on any day and most twice on Sunday. Sometimes it just boils down to game plan, coaching and sheer intestinal fortitude(that's guts for the corn dog and coot trolls). It's things like taking a look at the sideline to run out of bounds and then deciding to attempt to score on a long run, wrapping your kicking leg around the head of a defender to draw a foul instead of worrying about a leg injury or taking that targeting hit attempting to catch a high pass. Guts, heart, intelligence and game plan win games.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic