Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 1

Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend?

Jun 27, 2018, 9:39 AM

I grew up in a Clemson family, my late Father, a majority of his brothers and cousins finished Clemson, but I finished Wofford and later got a Master's degree from Winthrop University. I have been attending football games since age six (65 yrs. young today) and have given to IPTAY as well. I believe there is a huge Tiger fan base who are not Clemson graduates. Share your story!

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend?

Jun 27, 2018, 9:45 AM

Went to USC. Go #####!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jun 27, 2018, 12:01 PM

Jun 27, 2018, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend? ]

Gross.

Why did the mods sensor "Trojans"?

Jun 27, 2018, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend? ]

censor

Jun 27, 2018, 7:12 PM

Jun 27, 2018, 9:46 AM

Xavier's Academy for Gifted Youngsters

If only Clemson would have offered my major...

I went to the Air Force Academy.

Jun 27, 2018, 9:47 AM

My dad was Clemson grad, rat and all that, Air Force ROTC. We moved to NC when I was young. Pulled for Clemson As long as I can remember. Dad was IPTAY. We went to one to two games per year depending on if NC State game was in NC. If so went to one in NC and one in Clemson. In High School lives in Brevard so got really bad season tickets and the stadium was so quiet back then. Wanted to go Air Force. Got 4 year scholly to NC State, 3 year ROTC to Clemson but was accepted to Air Force Academy. Hard for me not to accept full ride plus better off in Air Force With Academy education. Not a day goes by that I don’t wonder if I should have gone to Clemson. At least I can still be a fan.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I went to the Air Force Academy.

Jun 27, 2018, 10:02 AM

I have been to the area but not to the campus. I understand it is beautiful. Thanks for your service. Did you fly in the AF?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is beautiful but I always missed the trees. Lots of hiking and I loved to ski

Jun 27, 2018, 10:05 AM

(Hours away). Didn’t fly my vision was too bad at the time afterwards you could correct visions nd still fly some aircraft. I was personnel, then taught Chemistry at AF Academy, then later a physician. Appreciate your thanks. I was honored to serve.

Jun 27, 2018, 9:48 AM

Obviously I went to USC. Go Gamecocks! I was always under the notion that you aren't real fans unless you attended that school. Otherwise it's no different than pulling for an NFL fan. I feel as though if you aren't a graduate you don't fully understand. Some people call these people "T-Shirt fans".

Jun 27, 2018, 10:07 AM

Majority of Coot fans work in fast food and struggled to get through high school. Don't give me that BS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 10:24 AM

Do you have anything to back that up?

Jun 27, 2018, 12:54 PM

Yet further proof that you are in fact a doofus...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend? ]

Hopefully the majority of Coot fans are not graduates of USC because that wouldn’t speak well of the school. Just look at the trash that takes place in the parking lots around their stadium. If you don’t get shot before making it to your car, you had better cover your children’s eyes so they don’t see the public perversion at their tailgating.

Jul 2, 2018, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend? ]

That is TOTAL BS. I graduated from Lander university, my home town university and a good business program. I was accepted into clemson and the biggest mistake that I have ever made was not going to clemson. My brother is 2 years older than me and he graduated from clemson and we could have been there for 2 years together, biggest regret but don’t you dare try to call me a “T-Shirt” fan bc I made a mistake amd chose a different university. My dad, brother, and uncle are graduates, and the ones who didn’t have season tickets and have since b4 I was a thought. I have been to almost every single clemson Home game since I can remember. Born in 94 and some of my first memories are the crowd cheering for Woody Dantzler. I have prob only missed 5 Home games Since I was 5. If you cut me I bleed orange and purple, I follow most all of clemson sport and have been to baseball, basketball, and soccer games as well. I follow every aspect of clemson football and there is NO WAY IN H{LL you can tell me your a bigger fan just bc you graduated from USC. You have insulted me by trying to make this claim, go to FGF and get off TNet please thank you. Go Tigers Til the Day I Die!!!!! Whooooo

A Trojan that pulls for the coots? Unique.***

Jun 27, 2018, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend? ]

Jun 27, 2018, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend? ]

I didn't have to graduate from coot u to fully understand. That school sucks in every way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Jun 27, 2018, 1:58 PM

You would say that. We are your biggest rival in every aspect. Seen as the bitter enemy and you wouldn’t want anything to do with it, just as I think the same of Clemson. No harm no foul.

So you graduated in 2009 and 2014?

Jun 27, 2018, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend? ]

classof09?

Jun 27, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend? ]

So you cannot be a true fan till you turn 22 or 23?

USC grads like yourself just stand out! T-shirt fans frequently give more than alumni in schools

Jun 28, 2018, 1:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend? ]

with a strong history of sports success I.e. Tradition which I understand why you wouldn't know anything about as a USC fan.

Quite a few of the "t-shirt" fans are Heisman Donors while others have put their kids or other family through Clemson though attending Presbyterian, Winthrop, Wingate, wofford, Georgia Southern etc.

Jul 2, 2018, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend? ]

That is TOTAL BS. I graduated from Lander university, my home town university and a good business program. I was accepted into clemson and the biggest mistake that I have ever made was not going to clemson. My brother is 2 years older than me and he graduated from clemson and we could have been there for 2 years together, biggest regret but don’t you dare try to call me a “T-Shirt” fan bc I made a mistake amd chose a different university. My dad, brother, and uncle are graduates, and the ones who didn’t have season tickets and have since b4 I was a thought. I have been to almost every single clemson Home game since I can remember. Born in 94 and some of my first memories are the crowd cheering for Woody Dantzler. I have prob only missed 5 Home games Since I was 5. If you cut me I bleed orange and purple, I follow most all of clemson sport and have been to baseball, basketball, and soccer games as well. I follow every aspect of clemson football and there is NO WAY IN H{LL you can tell me your a bigger fan just bc you graduated from USC. You have insulted me by trying to make this claim, go to FGF and get off TNet please thank you. Go Tigers Til the Day I Die!!!!! Whooooo

Jun 27, 2018, 9:49 AM

Graduated from Coker College. Grew up in a Clemson family and have been a fan my whole life. First game was Duke in 1980 (L). Twelve years old at the time. Went with my best friend to several games in my mid teens. His family has had season tickets for decades. Myfavjr.(7 yo) and I have been the last three years and he loves it. Looking forward to seeing a game or two this year and being with some of the best people I have ever known.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 10:00 AM

Attended Clemson but eventually graduated from South Carolina while working with SCE&G and going to college part time. Have had season tickets about 40 years even during the 15 that we lived in Omaha, Nebraska.

Jun 27, 2018, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend? ]

MFO I went to Coker as well. Loved that place! I would have liked to have gone to Clemson but no softball there. I graduated in 93. Go Cobras and Tigers!

Radford University in Virginia. Class of 1991.

Jun 27, 2018, 9:57 AM

I grew up in Virginia (near Martinsville Speedway).

First Clemson game I saw on TV was 1982 Orange Bowl / Natty (I was hooked).

First Clemson game attended in Death Valley was 1995 vs. the Dawgs. (It was a birthday present from my wife) ... yuck on the throwback uni's.

Had Clemson season tickets off and on, but the drive got to be too much. My first season tickets were the top row of the old West stands (before WEZ).

Applied to Clemson, but Radford offered an academic scholarship. Took the money and never looked back.

(FYI - Radford Football is still undefeated).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Radford University in Virginia. Class of 1991.

Jun 27, 2018, 10:03 AM

I grew up in Roanoke but went to Clemson after we moved to SC when I was in high shool

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How familiar are you with Roanoke College?

Jun 27, 2018, 11:41 AM

You might have lived there while my great-uncle was there. He was a professor & track coach at Roanoke for 30+ years. The new gymnasium is named for him

Re: How familiar are you with Roanoke College?

Jul 2, 2018, 2:08 PM

74TIGER

Re: Radford University in Virginia. Class of 1991.

Jun 27, 2018, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Radford University in Virginia. Class of 1991. ]

My girlfriend's mom went to Radford. Her sister is there now for grad school. Her mom always says,
"RU football, undefeated since 1979!" lol

Jun 27, 2018, 10:04 AM

Never went to college but have been attending Clemson games since the mid 70's and I would put my loyalty and fandom equal to or above that of any graduate.

Jun 27, 2018, 10:11 AM

THE Citadel.

Jun 27, 2018, 10:09 AM

UVa,but now Solid Clemson Orange !!!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 10:28 AM

I attended that other great institution for twenty years, The United States Army. I was hardly aware of what college was all about, but I knew Clemson because my cousin Dean, died in an auto accident, going home to N Augusta for the weekend. Fell asleep, head on collision. He was the best, most promising of our generation.
I started following Clemson and Carolina while serving away from home. I was stationed in Washington (state), when Danny Ford brought home the Title. Didn't get much chance to share in the revellry (sp). When I retired and went back to Orangeburg, an old friend asked who I liked, Carolina or Clemson. I said both. Hmmmm, he steps back assuming an aggressive posture and with a menacing tone in his voice said, "you can't do that here, you have to choose." Well, since combat soldiers aren't suppose to be "chickens" I opted for Tigerland. Since then, I have hated chickens! I have fore sworn myself to rid the entire planet of these filthy fowl... One Barbeque at a time! Go Tigers!

Jun 27, 2018, 10:43 AM

Sounds like you might have done a little time at Fort Lewis. I spent a few years at North Fort in 9th Chemical Company.

Jun 27, 2018, 4:48 PM

Yes! I was at Ft Lewis in '74 & '75, assigned to 3/60 Infantry, then again in '81 & 82 assigned to 2/60 Info(Mech). First time was more fun, but it was a great place for adventure, I loved the area but there were no Tigers for miles and miles, although there were those Artesians up there. You never saw them but, the were mischevous, much like Gremlins. In fact you might say they had a good commercial operation working.

Jun 27, 2018, 11:54 PM

I was there from 84-86. I actually went to the Kingdome and saw Clemson beat Indiana for the Natty in soccer in 84. Also learned to ski in the Cascades at Crystal Mountain. I don’t guess you spent more than a couple of months in Yakima Firing Center?

I’m pretty sure...

Jun 27, 2018, 10:24 AM

GWPTiger® did not graduate from Clemson, since coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I’m pretty sure...

Jun 27, 2018, 10:30 AM

Well, lets face it, you don't have to a member of Mensa to get in USuCk. Not difficult.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 10:33 AM

Clemson pays me to show up here every day.

will I be asked to leave if I don’t answer appropriately?

Jun 27, 2018, 10:39 AM

Lol

Graduate of Susquehanna University - Selinsgrove, PA

Dad was a professor at Clemson in the early to mid 80s. Went to grade school in Central. Sat on the hill and the new upper deck getting sunburned. I will always be a Tiger.

Jun 27, 2018, 11:03 AM

Furman BA grad in 1968 (immediately went to grad school at Univ. of South Vietnam (free tuition thanks to US Army from). Graduate school at Clemson, 1971-72. 100% Clemson Alum.!

Jun 27, 2018, 12:28 PM

Special thanks and blessings for those who served in Vietnam.

Jun 27, 2018, 11:04 AM

My parents went to Clemson, but I went do Appalachian St. Too expensive to go to Clemson out of state.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 11:15 AM

Grew up a Clemson fan. Attended and just graduated from U of SC. Only really went there for my major. Enjoyed my time there but stayed level headed and always pulled for the Tigers. Caught some hell from my roommates but they slowly got around to accepting it. Both schools are fine universities in their respective ways. I’m thankful for my time at U of S.C. and I’ll pull for them as long as they’re not playing my Tigers.

Does it count that I am both a Clemson alumnus (1989 and 1991)

Jun 27, 2018, 11:23 AM

and a Lander (University) College (1989) alumnus? I was in a dual-degree partnership Lander had with Clemson. Then, I stuck around and got my Masters at Clemson.

And, Happy Birthday!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 27, 2018, 11:41 AM

I hate the sentiment that you're not a real fan if you didn't attend the school. My daughter, for example - she is special needs. Loves Clemson to the moon and back. But attending a 4 yr college may not be in the cards for her. You're going to tell her she's not a real Clemson fan??? You better come correct!

Me - I attended Newberry College. Wanted to come to Clemson but hey, when a smaller 4 yr school gives an academic scholarship, you take it and where the Paw there. (Its not like Newberry & Clemson compete at anything anyway.)

S. C. State University Bulldog grad here

Jun 27, 2018, 11:43 AM

Grew up a Tiger fan since the 70's thanks to my Uncle, a Clemson Man....went to SCSU on a partial music scholly and was a proud Marching 101 snare drummer and graduate.....never lost my Tiger passion and GO BULLDOGS AND GO TIGERS!

Jun 27, 2018, 12:00 PM

As with many people, my answer is not a simple one. After graduating high school in 1976, a classmate and I hit the road and lived for a year in Wyoming, Idaho and Montana. After a while, it just got too dang cold. Back home for a year of driving a forklift at Cryovac was all it took for me to realize that I wanted more out of life so I followed my brother to Greenville Tech for a two-year degree in EE. Two years later I follow him again by transffering to CU and their BSEET program. A day before classes started (did I mention that I had BEOG that paid for everything?) I bolted. I called CU to tell them my life was going another direction and I became a phone man. Life continued to be good to me and my earnings kept me on-par with those that finished college, so I never really looked back. At 55 I returned to CSU to finish out a degree and at 58 I became the proud owner of a Bachelor's degree. Growing up in Greenville, we would go to CU basketball and football games just for something to do and to check out girls. Somewhere along the way I became a fan and have been now for nearly 50 years. Since someone mentioned MENSA, I actually am a MENSA member and have been for a while now. We all take different paths in life. In December, I will retire from the state retirement system and we will move to a small cabin is WNC. The secret not what you do or where you go, but to enjoy the ride and boy have I!

Jun 27, 2018, 12:15 PM

Started Aug 1967, left May 1970 after continuous(?) attendance. Transferred to Skool of Hard Knocks in Feb 1971. Graduated Aug. 1, 2005 at age 55. Snuck back on campus Lord Only Knows How Many Times. I didn't know how to study coming out of HS. SfoHK educated me a lot. Have loved my tigers since 1957--first game in DV.

In Clemson about once a month, and HAVE to drive thru campus each time.

Jun 27, 2018, 12:17 PM

Hubby and I were married Clemson students and lived in the prefabs. Once he graduated we left for his paying job. Although I've attended at least a dozen colleges as both graduate and undergraduate, I am a Winthrop graduate.

Jun 27, 2018, 12:34 PM

And meant to add that my daughter is a 4th generation Clemson grad. Dare you to top that, not many of those around.

Jun 27, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Who on Tigernet is not a Clemson grad? Where did you attend? ]

Winthrop grad here. Still bleed orange if ya cut me.

Citadel Grad !! Tiger fan since birth***

Jun 27, 2018, 12:52 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 12:52 PM

Wofford Grad. My junior and senior year I spent more time at Clemson with my now wife than at Wofford. Grew up a Clemson fan, but you know - scholarships and all had to go to who was going to pay me for my services.

Jun 27, 2018, 1:06 PM

My dad took me to my 1st game when I was 11 years old and we along with my brother became Clemson fanatics forever.My brother went to Newberry and I went to the University of Saigon.You don't have to attend to be a fan. I wish I could have but I kept the commies from our games .

Jun 27, 2018, 4:32 PM

And sending you a big virtual hug for going to Vietnam on my behalf.

Jun 27, 2018, 1:56 PM

furman class of 62

Jun 27, 2018, 2:03 PM

Georgia Southern Go Eagles!!!

Jun 27, 2018, 2:13 PM

Well my storied academic career began at UCLA (University of 'Lizbeth Avenue in Charlotte) where I spent 5 years taking just enough credit hours so my pops wouldn't charge me rent while I worked full-time too. Then I moved to the triangle with plans to go to NCSU to become a meteorologist. My roommate was a UNCheat fan and I started going to parties to meet the ladies. Well I did and she kicked me in the butt to start getting my act together. Started taking classes at Durham Tech and eventually transferred to UNC to be closer to my lady. Went there for 1.5 years and graduated. Now before I go further I must explain that my father raised me to be an ABCD fan and during my time at UNCheat I proudly wore my Clemson gear regularly including sitting in the student section and almost getting into fights many a time. At one time there was a member on this site from Powdersville that could vouch for me as he and I had plenty of conversations about Clemson in the UNCheat student gym where I frequently wore my gear. I then went back to school at Durham Tech for my nursing degree (Yeah yeah go ahead with the Focker jokes).

To the doofus above that says I am a T-shirt fan and I don't understand:
My paternal grandparents both were professors at USuC. My grandfather went on to build numerous dorms and other buildings on the campus while working in the private sector. I went to many a game at Billie Brice in the 80's as my grandfather sat until the final whistle and the majority of those were blow out losses. I remember the cussing and swearing I would hear in the stands from shirtless toothless men during those games. I remember thinking I can't wait to go home...Thankfully my uncle from the same side who was my father's best friend (and whom I am named after) went to Clemson. I started going to games in 1980 and many more years after. Even as a kid I could sense the difference in the two schools, one was in a dumpy side of town where you had to look over your shoulder nearly the entire walk into the stadium to make sure you didn't get robbed, the other in the beautiful mountains where everyone treated each other like family and offered strangers food from their tailgate and kids that didn't know each other playing tag football in the parking lots. I chose to be a Tiger because I was lucky enough for my father to have shared that special place with me. I have been a Tiger fan ever since, long before you were even a reproductive cell and I dare you to tell me I don't "understand"!

Jun 27, 2018, 2:29 PM

Not a Clemson graduate … or any college for that matter . My brilliant oldest girl is a rising junior there now , and I couldn't be happier having come from a Clemson family and being a hardcore fan myself since the mid 70s.

GO TIGERS !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 27, 2018, 3:00 PM

It's too bad we don't understand!

Jun 27, 2018, 2:42 PM

I grew up close to Clemson and was a fan. However, after high school I didn’t want to go to College. So I got a job and got married. Three years later I realized I needed an education so enrolled at Clemson and studied Accounting for 3 years. Yet every semester my major classes pulled my GPA down. Since I knew I didn’t want to be an accountant, I transferred to South Carolina for my senior year. They offered a Business degree and Clemson didn’t in the old days. It didn’t seem like a big deal at the time since my college experience wasn’t typical. I was married with a mortgage and two car payment so I worked full time, as did my wife. What a shock to find out how different South Carolina was. There was no comparison academically. I got an A in a computer class my first semester and didnt attend that class for an entire 6 weeks. I got a job there at the university which only confirmed my allegiance to Clemson University. The place was run by total jerks. I left there hating the yardbirds and do to this day. I am a Clemson Tiger thru and thru. I have thought about going back to finish those last two semesters at Clemson but haven’t lived near there for 40 years. Maybe when I retire. My dad was a Clemson grad and that will have to do for now. Go Tigers!!!

Jun 27, 2018, 2:47 PM

Newberry College 97. I attended summer school at Clemson in 1996. I played football at Newberry and got a free education. Not a D1 caliber athlete. Always a tiger at heart. I take my kids to Clemson games every year. All six of them.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 2:49 PM

Born and raise a Tiger fan, but graduated from Winthrop. It was a better choice for me academically and I loved my time there.

partied at clemson

Jun 27, 2018, 3:01 PM

But graduated from Furman in 2001. Started a grad program at Clemson but changed course. Have been a fan since an infant.

Jun 27, 2018, 4:10 PM

Failed to mention two circumstances in my original post! First other than Clemson my immediate family including nephews/nieces for the most part attended W&L and Wofford. My Wife, Mother, Aunts, Sister-in-law all Winthrop where I got my M.A. second I went to USCe for post-grad. study and lived among a floor of graduate students and two lowly under grads. We pulled for whatever schools we wanted Saturday afternoon! In 1979 rigged radios pulled in signals from far and wide including UT, Tiger, NCST and the real “Carolina,” UNCheat!! When I rode around Cola my bumper proudly proclaimed, “Clemson - The University of South Carolina” and nobody dared mess with the sticker! We all rode city buses and watched George Rogers run over GC foes. Come November I bought student tickets and wore Clemson gear to WBS.

Any person herein is a loyal Tiger fan in my book! I paid IPTAY dues in memory of my late Father for five years after his passing even though I probably could have paid medical bills from heart issues. That is understanding what a place and traditions mean to someone over their lifetime. Clemson games, fishing ponds and dove fields were where my Father and I shared memories!

Go Tigers!

That’s BS. Went to the Citadel because Wilhelm wanted me to

Jun 27, 2018, 4:50 PM

go to junior college and transfer into Clemson. Academically, Imhad no interest in jc.

Was accepted and had roommate assigned at Johnstone but took the full ride to Cid. Been going Clemson games for 50 of my 52 years so I call myself more than a t-shirt fan. Also, IPTAY member for 30 years so don’t need lecture on fandom.

Jun 27, 2018, 6:31 PM

Clemson ME 1981
Furman MBA 1986

Enjoyed the many varied & interesting posts on this subject...

Jun 27, 2018, 7:33 PM

from posters whom (or is it Who) I had never seen or heard from before. Refreshing & made me think more of how Clemson affects the lives of others..as it has me since a chance invitation to a game in 1957 when I had just moved from Charlotte to G’ville and knew only about the UNC Billy’s & their great basketball program due to my DaD.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 7:45 PM

This has been an awesome read. All the responses have answered a question I used to ask my parents at games growing up... who are all these people? At 7 or 8 I just couldn't figure out why so many people showed up in my little town a few weekends a year. I obviously figured it out (I'm 37 now). Love to see and meet all the random Clemson fans I run in to! Go tiger's (class of 04). Bro ('05) Sis ('97) Parents ('71) Granddad ('48) Great granddad (no clue)

I'm a coot U grad.

Jun 27, 2018, 8:15 PM

signed

GWP

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 8:18 PM

Harvard and then Wharton.

Also Clemson post grad.

Jun 27, 2018, 8:36 PM

Born in Ohio but family moved to Largo, FL when in my later teens. Went the private school route BS Ohio Northern University 1979 took a job in the upstate and took some post grad classes at Clemson in early 80's but did not finish MBA. Fan of the Tigers since. Sometimes I wonder how my life would be if I had attended Clemson undergrad. Moved back to Florida in 2002. A fan from afar in Tampa Bay.

Jun 27, 2018, 8:51 PM

Went to Clemson for one year. Transferred to Life’s School of Hard Knocks.
My father was a Clemson grad as were two uncles, my first cousin, and two second cousins. My daughter is, currently, a rising sophomore at Clemson. I have a son who is a junior in high school and has aspirations for the Airforce Academy. Should he not get there, he wants to attend Clemson.

Message was edited by: vance1059®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2018, 12:16 AM

Went to Spartanburg Community College. My Dad was from Alabama and Bama fan. So i grew up a Bama fan until I met Steve Fuller in high school baseball. He was a great shortstop. I started pulling for Steve and Clemson his first year at Clemson and Have grown to love Clemson more and more every year. I am now a 43 year Hard Core Orange bleeding Clemson Fanatic!!( Thanks Steve Fuller)

Have posted previously that even in my days at CU

Jun 28, 2018, 4:57 AM

in the 60's, we were well-aware that the greater number of Clemson fans were non-graduates.

Many were allied due to family members and friends who attended. Others lived in the upstate and developed an allegiance. Still others became fans due to our reputation, academically or athletically.

What we did understand was that most were (and are) as dedicated and loyal as many graduates and are just as much a part of our Clemson family as those who possess a Clemson sheepskin.

I remain thankful to them and encourage their support.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2018, 7:36 AM

I also grew up in an IPTAY family and was at games as young as I can remember. A life-long Tiger fan...but also a Wofford '76 grad and US Air Force vet. I sat huddled in my living room at 3 AM in England listening to the 1981 Championship game against Nebraska on an in-and-out scratchy Armed Forces Radio broadcast from Germany. Saw the game two weeks later when a VHS tape arrived from my family living in Greenville.

Jun 28, 2018, 8:02 AM

Lifelong Clemson fan from my childhood who grew up in Air Force family traveling around the country and world.
Graduate of Texas State Technical College but ALWAYS A TIGER!!!

Clemson Rocks!!!
Tigers Roll!!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not sure how this got bumped from a few days ago

Jul 2, 2018, 2:17 PM

also not sure how I missed this thread.

I too grew up a Clemson fan from a young age. Started going to games when I was 9 years old. Moved to Indiana and then to NC throughout HS. By the time I decided to go to college I went to Bible School. I got my undergrad from Southeastern Seminary and then a Masters from Liberty. I've pulled for Clemson for a long time and have been able to take my kids to games for a few years now as well.

Go Tigers!

Jul 3, 2018, 12:30 PM

Hello,

Clemson 2010-2011. Did sex. Baby boy. Got job in Charleston. Finished CE degree at The Citadel at night. I'm a real #######.

2016 - properly dubbed the "boom bus" the "3-9 boom bus". Street-cred.

One day I'll get my Masters from Clemson

Thanks,

The Prodigal Son

guess?

Jul 3, 2018, 7:11 PM

What is a Tarheeled Tiger? Well, living here as a baby, i was a 'little tiger from Clemson' before I could walk.

I have family interred on Cemetery Hill.

We moved north and i came of age in NC and graduated from Chapel Hill in 1983 - so i'll always be a TarHeel.

Moved back to Tiger Town and started working for C.U. in 2012. My wife is on the C.U. faculty. We're basketball season ticket holders.

Love it here! Go Tigers! Go Heels! : )

{a lot of the faculty/staff side of the CU family maintain some dual loyalties}

Replies: 82
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic