Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who leaves first
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Who leaves first

Jan 9, 2018, 3:05 PM

Patriots HC Belichick or Bama’s Saban? #### this might be considered a poll

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban, he's older and just wants to beat Bear Bryant's

Jan 9, 2018, 3:15 PM

record.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who leaves first

Jan 9, 2018, 3:39 PM

In my view, of the 6 NC that Saban has won, there will always be asterisks beside three of those championships. In my view, they were gifted three opportunities without having to earn the trip to the NC game. I know that some people say "well, maybe, but he won those games so that shows that they deserved to be there." That is a faulty statement in my opinion. A lot of teams could have won those games if "gifted" the opportunity.

He was gifted this year into the playoffs. A few years back before the playoffs, they again, didn't win their division or of computer for their conference championship, but was placed in it again. Before that, they lost to #17 A&M and only dropped 2 spots in the polls when other teams that year who lost to a similar team were dropping on average 5-7 spots. I forgot exactly what they were ranked, but if they dropped like all others that year, they wouldn't have been in the NC game.

So for me, Saban will always have an asterisks beside three of the NC...... Bama was simply gifted into those games they didn't "earn."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2018, 3:50 PM

Without specifically checking, I believe some of the Bear's NC's were suspect. I believe one of those were where AL was undefeated, Penn St was also undefeated and claimed they should be #1. Throughout many of Bear's years, bowl games were pre-determined by conference obligations and the best teams did not always play each other in bowls leaving a lot to the imagination and opinion on who should be #1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2018, 4:00 PM

During the Penn St years in question though they were independent and could schedule anyone they please. They had a reputation of not playing anyone real tough. Pitt, Syr, and Rutgers were usually bad then for example

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic