Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who leaves?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Who leaves?

Oct 18, 2017, 1:18 PM

Lets assume we win out and go to the playoffs. Regardless of losing in the Semi Finals, Championship or winning the Championship, I think we can all agree Kelly Bryant will go into next season as the starting QB. With Trevor Lawrence getting on campus, he is the likely heir apparent to take over for KB after next season, or hell even start out the gate if he really is Football Jesus. That leaves a RS Sophomore Zerrick Cooper, Sophomore Hunter Johnson, and don't forget about currently Redshirting 4* QB Chase Brice. Out of Bryant, Cooper, Johnson, Brice, and now Lawrence, theres only one football to go around. Who transfers out? To me, Lawrences comes in and is QB2 behind Bryant and then takes the reigns. I think Johnson will leave, maybe transfers to a school near Indiana close to his family, or hell even Tennessee again.

Just wanted to hear yalls thoughts on how the QB situation will play out next year.

Thanks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No1***

Oct 18, 2017, 1:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Did you forget Israel?

Oct 18, 2017, 1:26 PM

You sound like an anti-Semite

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Did you forget Israel?

Oct 18, 2017, 1:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Gosh, how can you?

Oct 18, 2017, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Did you forget Israel? ]

Oy! The Middle East, in the news always is!

Oct 18, 2017, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Did you forget Israel? ]

Haha I left out Israel because he seems like a forever 4th stringer who is completely fine with that. Not someone who is crying for playing time like a diva, but is cool with holding the clipboard and stacking Championship rings.

Oct 19, 2017, 5:54 AM

Yeah , I am certain Tucker Israel never wanted to start at quarterback after high school . No way he came to Clemson with intentions of playing time .

Why make a statement like " he's ol with holding a clipboard and stacking championship rings " ?

DB23

I think next year Johnson starts with TL as the backup.

Oct 18, 2017, 1:27 PM

Israel and Cooper leave, Bryant plays WR and wildcat some. Brice is 3rd string.

Re: I think next year Johnson starts with TL as the backup.

Oct 18, 2017, 2:45 PM

Lol bryant isn’t switching positions. He may get beat out but I highly doubt he switches.

Also don’t see him going pro after this year. His windup throwing motion isn’t nfl caliber

Jeff Elliott and Tony Scott said

Oct 18, 2017, 3:29 PM

if he doesn't play QB he will play a different position bc he's such a good athlete. hth

If he wants to play on Sundays he will

Oct 18, 2017, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I think next year Johnson starts with TL as the backup. ]

My guess is he wants to play on Sundays so after season make the switch and he has 16 months to prepare for combine

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think next year Johnson starts with TL as the backup.

Oct 18, 2017, 10:16 PM [ in reply to I think next year Johnson starts with TL as the backup. ]

> Israel and Cooper leave, Bryant plays WR and wildcat
> some. Brice is 3rd string.

I was thinking that he adds 20 lbs and moves to TE-----if he wants to play at the next level he should consider moving. He could go somewhere as a grad student, but no one , no one, will sit TL----if our staff tries anything different, they are only wasting a year.IMO.

I hope Bryant plays well enough to get drafted! Then Isreal

Oct 18, 2017, 2:01 PM

goes and stars for a team like The Citadel, or Charleston Southern or ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

based on that scenario.......HJ leaves

Oct 18, 2017, 2:33 PM

right, wrong, or indifferent Dabo/staff have a very seniority loyal approach for the QB position that is close to impossible to break, the time it did break was 2014 when it took 3 games to "realize" that our greatest QB ever to be was better than cole stoudt.

now I think the QB situation we're in now is completely different than that in 2014, but it still seems evident that the seniority approach is still in place.

With the QB position though it's very very rare that a true

Oct 18, 2017, 2:36 PM

or RS freshman QB is ready to play at this level. There are obviously exceptions to that rule, DW4, possibly HJ or TL.

It's much more delicate than a freshman receiver or d-lineman that has the same talent level going in and playing because there is more you have to know and be aware of.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i agree......unless it's obvious......

Oct 18, 2017, 2:51 PM

like DW4 to Cole Stoudt

now this year is different. IMO after KB went down and ZC got his chances (didn't do bad, but didn't do great) to make something happen I think HJ should've at least been given a shot

That's definitely an argument I agree with. I just can't

Oct 18, 2017, 5:19 PM

understand how in the Wake game Cooper can underthrow 3 balls, and in the Syracuse game he sails them twice.

Strong arm, not precise.

Re: based on that scenario.......HJ leaves

Oct 18, 2017, 3:40 PM [ in reply to based on that scenario.......HJ leaves ]

I for one believe you.

Oct 18, 2017, 2:41 PM

hth.

Perhaps move Bryant, Cooper, and Johnson

Oct 18, 2017, 2:48 PM

To WR or defensive back. Use them in other positions. Worked for Braxton Miller at OSU.

Re: Perhaps move Bryant, Cooper, and Johnson

Oct 18, 2017, 2:57 PM

What position would Cooper play? 6’3 220 LBs but slower than a 330 D tackle

Re: Who leaves?

Oct 18, 2017, 3:28 PM

I think we lose HJ for sure unless he gets some PT. Other QB's will transfer as well with TL coming in to take over, and believe me he will. We will probably end up with Bryant and Cooper backing up Lawrence.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2017, 3:40 PM

Mistaken and disappointed. When i saw the subject, i thought it was about whose leaving Tnet. I opened it to see if anyone was brave enough to make a list.

Oct 18, 2017, 3:45 PM

If we make the playoffs again, KB will start with TL backing him up. Cooper and Johnson transfer.

If we lose a few more games this year, TL beats out KB (who then switches positions). HJ will back him up. Cooper and Brice transfer. That’s my guess.

Oct 18, 2017, 5:21 PM

I honestly think Brice is the type of guy who wouldn't mind enjoying the ride and getting the education, a la Nick Schueshler (sp?).

I would think Johnson would be a transfer before he would.

That being said, it will certainly be interesting to see what happens with TL coming in the Spring.

"bartender, i'll have a pint of what he's drinkin'"***

Oct 18, 2017, 5:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

KB switching positions

Oct 18, 2017, 10:28 PM

Would be best for KB. If he stays at QB then HJ and TL can red shirt. But I think KB switches Copper and HJ battle with Brice Winner is starter. And we TRY to red shirt TL. Notice I said TRY

Oct 18, 2017, 10:27 PM

Who cares? The best will still be around. (I know theoretical question)

null

I am calling Cooper and Johnson transfer.

Oct 19, 2017, 5:15 AM

TL, Bryant, Brice, and Israel are the 4 QB's. TL ends up the starter.

Oct 19, 2017, 7:09 AM

MY THOUGHTS ARE WHY WOULD ANYONE WORRY ABOUT THE QB POSITION IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS SEASON.

IDK, maybe because the current qb has an ankle injury

Oct 19, 2017, 7:41 AM

or maybe because he went nighty night during the last football game or maybe because he has 4 passing tds to 4 interceptions in 7 games or maybe because his avg yds/carry is < Deshaun Watson but he's supposed to be a better runner or maybe because the 2nd string qb appears to be blind but besides those points I'm not too worried.

Johnson will go to Purdue***

Oct 19, 2017, 7:13 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully no one is lost to transfer as the staff has been..

Oct 19, 2017, 7:33 AM

upfront/transparent with all of them, but who knows.

And sorry, but the idea that seniority determines anything save the final tie-breaker between 2 or more players is absurd. There is ~zero chance this staff risks the soul of the team by not playing/starting the player that gives the team the best chance to win.

Dabo, his coaches & staff have worked far too hard to build the culture and program, the foundation on which each rests, only to throw it away by not honoring their word. That's patently stoopid.

Finish strong Tigers, a lot of football left to be played.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trees

Oct 19, 2017, 7:36 AM

Deciduous ones. Probably in the next 45 days.

Just one of the many reasons I trust palm trees, they...

Oct 19, 2017, 7:47 AM

don't change colors with the seasons. I don't think enough can be said for their consistency.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Japanese maples for me...

Oct 19, 2017, 7:55 AM

.... the fall ‘show’ is well worth the winter down time.

(yeah, i know, not about NEXT YEAR’S QBs during the middle of THIS SEASON, but if the OP is gonna go there, then I’m with ya’ll on trees and leafs....)

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 19, 2017, 10:47 PM

Well everybody can speculate how they want but if TL keeps his commitment to Clemson, he will have more competition than he is ready for coming out of the hs region he is currently playing in. Big jump from mediocre hs ball to the ACC. Our QB room is full of talent and the job will be KB's to lose with 5 others nipping at his heels. Nobody leaves next year, but come 2019....well that room will be a lot smaller.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic