Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bryan Bresee. It appears, assuming no injuries, and he
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Bryan Bresee. It appears, assuming no injuries, and he

Feb 11, 2020, 5:57 PM

continues to stay motivated, he might be the best recruit we have ever had. Early in the fall Walt Daptula said he was the next J.B. Watts, and today he predicted he will eventually win the Outland Trophy. My brother in law is an obnoxious DAWG fan. We both went to the same high school in Rome, Ga. Same school Muschamp went to. One of Georgia’s top OL signees is a four star, who my brother in law thinks should be a five star. He is also from that school (Darlington). My brother in law called me last week and said he saw a film where Bresee literally “destroyed” the GA recruit. Love it! Go Dabo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Assume You Meant JJ Watts***

Feb 11, 2020, 7:02 PM

Re: I Assume You Meant JJ Watts***

Feb 11, 2020, 7:07 PM

I think you & he both meant J.J. Watt.

He “literally destroyed” the guy? Interesting.***

Feb 11, 2020, 7:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

literally***

Feb 11, 2020, 7:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: literally***

Feb 11, 2020, 7:31 PM

I’ve heard other recruiting experts compare him as a more advanced dline version of CW42 as a freshman. That’s kind of scary.

figuratively destroyed****

Feb 12, 2020, 9:44 AM [ in reply to literally*** ]

LONG way to go

Feb 11, 2020, 7:28 PM [ in reply to He “literally destroyed” the guy? Interesting.*** ]

Before we'll know if BB is best recruit ever of all time. That's a tall order.

And I bet you stand 17 yr old Fridge Papa Perry beside BB today it would be humbling.

Re: LONG way to go

Feb 11, 2020, 9:48 PM

That's actually a really bad point. They played two completely different positions, and Bresee is much faster than the fridge. It would be humbling on size for Bresee. It would be humbling on speed for the fridge.

I wouldn't bet the house that Bresee would out run a 17

Feb 12, 2020, 11:58 AM

year old Fridge...watch the 2nd play on this video

https://youtu.be/0Yt2yAzjUK8

Feb 12, 2020, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: LONG way to go ]

William was actually 295lbs. coming out of Aiken High School. He was extremely quick for his size and strong enough to run through double teams which he faced on every play. Saw him take out a QB, a FB, and center during a game. All on the same play. I guess the center shouldn't have spit on his hand.

And the Fridge beside Big Dex would be "humbling", too.

Feb 12, 2020, 9:51 AM [ in reply to LONG way to go ]

Dex had an inch and twenty pounds on him when they were recruits. But what's your point? Size isn't the only thing in football.

Feb 12, 2020, 10:09 AM [ in reply to LONG way to go ]

Agreed that it’s a long way to go before BB is called the best, but I don’t think the Fridge would humble him based on size. Fridge was about 6-2 320 going into the NFL. BB is about 6-5 290 going into college. Fridge was freakishly fast coming out of HS just like BB. There are quite a few similarities based on the measurables, but the biggest difference is current training. I would guess BB is already a better athlete that Fridge ever was, but competition is higher across the board, so he may not be able to produce like Fridge did.

I’ll also add that with his length, speed and propensity for violence, BB really reminds me of Deacon Jones.l more than anyone.

Feb 12, 2020, 1:36 PM

Actually William was a freak of an athlete. What he didn't have was drive. If he had had the drive of his brother Michael Dean, he would be in the hall of fame. I think that BB has much more drive, but I would not say he was a better athlete coming out of high school.

asploded him

Feb 11, 2020, 10:29 PM [ in reply to He “literally destroyed” the guy? Interesting.*** ]

He’s a 3* now

Re: Bryan Bresee. It appears, assuming no injuries, and he

Feb 11, 2020, 7:50 PM

Walt thought Utah was an elite team this year, so I would not put much stock in his opinion. Breese looks impressive though. We will see how he transforms in college.

Feb 11, 2020, 10:18 PM

Houstonian here. I've watched nearly every game JJ Watt has played. I've deliberately avoided comparing Bresee with him on this forum but here goes:

The similarities are amazing. Both guys are huge, incredibly strong, way more athletic than they should be at their "weight class", a great first step, play DT and DE equally well, have motors that run on overdrive every single play and are technicians (which is something most don't realize about Watt).

We've all seen guys who have great physical attributes. What threw me for a loop are the variety of moves Bresee has for a guy so young. He's so good other guys on our D-line will learn from him.

Some differences between the two are Bresee clearly plays with a nastier disposition. He and his best friend (the C coming here in the 2021 class) push things to the limit, sometimes a little past it. Bresee is also a stud coming out of HS where Watt was just a 2* who first went to Central Michigan as a TE before walking on (yes, crazy, ins't it?) at Wisconsin.

There is no doubt Bresee's could be our best ever, but let's keep the hype meter down. The fact he will have other studs on the D-line are a scary prospect for opponents.

historian here

Feb 11, 2020, 10:31 PM

I hope you’re right about his hands.

Our defense line hasn’t been as active with their hands since Marion Hobby left. That’s how you beat the holding that everyone cries about.

Re: historian here

Feb 12, 2020, 12:27 AM

If you have some time on your hands, there is a boatload of video on Bresee experimenting with various techniques against O-line studs in camps. (His high school game highlights are a waste of time). He's not just a brute force guy. He is a thinker and tinkerer and has really embarrassed some very good players.

This is why he will get serious time at DE. Not sure yet if he plays more inside or outside on 1st/2nd down.

Seems like he’s a natural fit for 3 tech like Wilkins

Feb 12, 2020, 12:31 AM

We have more ends than DTs that are ready to go.

Re: Seems like he’s a natural fit for 3 tech like Wilkins

Feb 12, 2020, 10:06 AM

I get you but we don't have an equivalent, immovable anchor like Tyler Davis at DE.

This will be fun to watch. ??

Probably, but i want to see those DEs actually produce

Feb 12, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Seems like he’s a natural fit for 3 tech like Wilkins ]

It's pretty difficult to evaluate the DE play last year given the scheme we ran, but, for the most part, you lose playoff games in 2020 because you can't get pressure on the QB, not because you can't stop the run up the gut. From the 2nd quarter on Burrow just picked us apart. I don't care if you have 11 guys in coverage, a great QB given enough time will find an open WR.

If Bresee can generate a pass rush at DT, then it's probably a no-brainer to leave him there most of the time, but we need pass rushers way more than we need solid run-stopping DTs.

Re: Probably, but i want to see those DEs actually produce

Feb 12, 2020, 11:28 AM

Right about pressure, it would be ideal if we could with regularity create pressure w/ our front 4 & not rely on stunts & blitzing. Of all the 4*&5*DE's on the roster, none can be confidently labeled as a pass rush threat, 3rd down speed rusher drawing double teams, etc.

Re: historian here

Feb 12, 2020, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: historian here ]

I'm very curious to see where he spends his time as well.

I think two factors will determine where we see him the most.

1) What other players at his two positions do. If the young tackles are better then he may move outside or vice versa.

2) Can he retain enough of the playbook to play both spots in his freshman year.

I think we undoubtedly see him at both at some point in his career, but I wonder if Venables will let him master one spot before moving him around too much.

Crying is an understatement****

Feb 12, 2020, 11:35 AM [ in reply to historian here ]

Feb 11, 2020, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Bryan Bresee. It appears, assuming no injuries, and he ]

Good points. Also fun fact: We played against that C Michigan team, which also featured a young WR named Antonio Brown. Pretty good talent on a team that got whupped by a Tommy Bowden team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who is is friend and what position does he play

Feb 12, 2020, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Bryan Bresee. It appears, assuming no injuries, and he ]

Tia

Re: Who is is friend and what position does he play

Feb 12, 2020, 2:48 PM

Ryan Linthicum (sp?) - he's the center for Damascus (Md.). He is a rising HS senior.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic