Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who feels the lamecocks will keep their new HC for 3 years?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Who feels the lamecocks will keep their new HC for 3 years?

Dec 17, 2020, 6:18 AM

Personally, I feel he is simply a placeholder they hired on the cheap. When this COVID situation is over, they will fire him and hire another dinosaur coach--maybe Holtz can came back like Mack Brown did @ UNCheats.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who feels the lamecocks will keep their new HC for 3 years?

Dec 17, 2020, 7:12 AM

I think he comes in and wins more games than expected (maybe 6-7) for 2 years. There is some talent on that team but it will get ugly after that. Beamer will be out in year 5. I love to see their fans win a few games and proclaim they’re “back” and will beat a bunch of teams only to watch their season end in failure. Rinse, wash, repeat.

Well that’s their fans first mistake by saying “we’re back”

Dec 17, 2020, 7:18 AM

when have they ever been “any where or relevant”? A three year stint doesn’t mean anything so.....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Who feels the lamecocks will keep their new HC for 3 years? ]

Their average with coaches is somewhere in the almost 5 year range. Don't see anything that changes there. Beamer could be a good hire long term but their fans won't be patient enough to find out.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Who feels the lamecocks will keep their new HC for 3 years? ]

Well, they ain't NC State. You almost could set a watch to NC State firing/hiring a coach every 7 years. I expected Doeren to be gone this year since his winning % was lower that OBrien and Amato prior to the start of the season but it looks like he did "good enough" this year.

The coots either fire/career-murder a coach every 4 years OR they keep a coach longer (5-10) and have the coach murder their program. Sometimes a third option is the murder/suicide like the muscoot example.

You pick but predicting coot behavior is really tough. You know it is going to self destructive but the extent of the damage can be unknown.

Me.***

Dec 17, 2020, 7:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can’t understand their administration

Dec 17, 2020, 7:36 AM

They should have gotten Chadwell, period!

It was effectively a budget/desperation hire...

Dec 17, 2020, 8:19 AM

with no buyout to pay OU not to mention all of their top targets turned them down again.

They seem to be under the impression that he'll somehow manage to resurrect some of the limited success they experienced under Slurrier simply because SB was part of that staff. This makes even less sense than Clemson hiring Tommy West and frankly, I suspect the end result will be substantially similar.

Very few if any other P5 programs would have even remotely given Shane Beamer any real serious consideration as a head coach. Of course, we're talking about uof6c here.

They also seem to think Shane and his father are a package deal. Lord I hope so. The last time a Frank Beamer coached VT team was worth a flip was in 2011 and two of their three losses that season were to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Can’t understand their administration

Dec 17, 2020, 7:36 AM [ in reply to Me.*** ]

They should have gotten Chadwell, period!

Dec 17, 2020, 7:41 AM

Covid,or not they have to give him at least 3 years.
Even a great coach needs 3 years to form a decent staff, and to get his first recruiting class to that point of having some experienced players on the squad.
Secondly, what coach in his right mind would come to a program that didn't give a guy at least that chance?
Even Holtz isn't that dumb.

Dec 17, 2020, 8:13 AM

I think they will have to give him at least 5 in order to see if he can be a decent coach or not. This recruiting class is going to set them back for at least 3 years. Not sure who they are playing over the next 3 years, but if they average more than 3 wins per year it will be a solid accomplishment.

Dec 17, 2020, 8:49 AM

I do. Firing a coach after 2 years (like FSU did to Taggart) is highly unusual. Could happen, but not likely.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic