Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who else is NOT watching the SB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

Who else is NOT watching the SB

Feb 7, 2021, 8:50 AM

Because of :
JZee rock a fella and BLM
NFL games are unentertaining
It’s a total Corporate Hell
Game is roughly 4,5 hours long
Got better things to do ?
NFL rigged?

Why aren’t you gonna watch it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who else is NOT watching the SB

Feb 7, 2021, 8:56 AM

Anti American, anti police officers. Haven’t watched a snap and haven’t missed it at all. Of course, was never a huge fan. Just liked to keep up with former Clemson players. Now once they’re gone they’re done for me. Wish them well, just won’t see it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 9:02 AM

I haven't watched a single play of any Pro sport (except local Appalachian League baseball) since the Atlanta/New England Superbowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Yeah, let's not watch the game...

Feb 7, 2021, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Who else is NOT watching the SB ]

That will fix things....

Re: Yeah, let's not watch the game...

Feb 7, 2021, 11:41 AM

Yeah, let's all kneel in front of our TV during the National Anthem... That will fix things...

Yeah, let's all have our young sons and daughters watch Miley Cyrus at Half-time... That will fix things...

Feb 7, 2021, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Who else is NOT watching the SB ]

Sums up my position nicely, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Who else is NOT watching the SB ]

I wonder if you were this outspoken against the Capital rioters who happened to attack police officers?

Did you burn down a Wendy’s for the

Feb 7, 2021, 9:38 PM

Unarmed woman who was killed by capitol police?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you burn down a Wendy’s for the

Feb 8, 2021, 8:59 AM

Perhaps she wouldn't have died had the rioters not been committing treason.

Feb 8, 2021, 11:18 AM

Perhaps she wouldn't have died had the rioters not been committing treason.

If George Floyd and Jacob Blake had been law abiding citizen maybe they would not have gotten shot. I think both sides are wrong and if you are going to do the crime then accept the idea that bad things can happen to you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2021, 11:34 AM

My only point here is we've had many posts about players kneeling, and had many posts about riots related to incidents such as the ones you mention. However, I'm seriously not sure I've seen any posts on here related to the capital incident.

Feb 7, 2021, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Who else is NOT watching the SB ]

Connelly said:

Anti American, anti police officers. Haven’t watched a snap and haven’t missed it at all. Of course, was never a huge fan. Just liked to keep up with former Clemson players. Now once they’re gone they’re done for me. Wish them well, just won’t see it.

Connelly said:

You’re going to have to get your head around the fact that the majority of Americans don’t agree with you making your arguments “anti-American”. Poor thing, now that Trump lost I can’t imagine how you might be feeling..

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2021, 6:00 AM

I’m feeling like getting up and going to work. Like conservatives always do. As opposed to marxists who burn cities when things don’t go their way. We just keep going to work and paying taxes.

Feb 8, 2021, 8:48 AM

I don’t remember any Marxists storming the capital, threatening to hang the VP, and bludgeon to death a police officer with a fire extinguisher. That’s ok I guess, since theyre your peeps.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2021, 5:36 PM

Didn’t see someone was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher. Maybe it was the antifa guys in costumes posing for pics who did it (some of your peeps). Either way, hope they catch whoever is guilty and prosecute them to the fullest. Lawlessness is not acceptable.

Feb 7, 2021, 9:01 AM

I'll watch til I spot Watkins, O'Daniel & Breeland (or at least two out of three). I don't expect a lot of punting so I'll likely lose interest before Pinion makes an appearance.

Feb 7, 2021, 10:45 PM

So, I watched the train wreck most of the way through. Congrats to Bradley on getting a ring.

Feb 7, 2021, 9:02 AM

Haven't watched an NFL game since 2017.......and NEVER will again!

Feb 7, 2021, 9:29 AM

I wouldn't watch those overpaid, kneeling liberal crybabies if they played the sb on my lawn.

HeII yeah bo, let's just put all those dudes..

Feb 7, 2021, 9:49 AM

...in the same bucket, and judge them all with one with one fell swoop. That'll fix them bass turds.

After what ALL of the players did to Brees

Feb 7, 2021, 10:03 AM

I think it is fair to make blanket, general comments about the entire NFL, players, coaches, organizations, networks.

Do they do some good things and have some players with character - of course. But if you don’t make assessments and generalizations, you’re not understanding the big picture.

I get that you like the NFL and support it, which is your choice obviously. But for those who oppose the NFL based upon their core beliefs, we will chose not to support the entire NFL from the players to the front office to the networks.

We all make decisions based upon our values so instead of dismissing the comments, provide your perspective on why you support the NFL. That’s called dialog.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Who else is NOT watching the SB ]

So much irony here in you calling others crybabies.

I am planning to watch. I enjoy the commercials and...

Feb 7, 2021, 9:08 AM

my NFL team happens to be in it.

Go Bucs!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Re: I am planning to watch. I enjoy the commercials and...

Feb 7, 2021, 1:54 PM

Bucs might pull this off man, should be a great game.

Go Bucs!***

Feb 7, 2021, 3:09 PM [ in reply to I am planning to watch. I enjoy the commercials and... ]

Feb 7, 2021, 9:09 AM

Same here. Stopped watching NFL years ago. Never did watch basketball except the Celtics a few times during their heyday. Maybe Pistol Pete a few times. I always loved Baseball but even that got sideways with me especially during the steroid years.
Now it’s only college ball. But I’m afraid it’s only a couple more years and football will be a thing in my past. I like March Madness.......miss the excitement of the old ACC tournament days. College baseball might be all that’s left for me.

so you dont watch sports?

Feb 7, 2021, 12:48 PM

got it

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Who else is NOT watching the SB ]

I feel the same way. I don’t even watch College Basketball ball. This one and done, leave out of high school, type of things. Make them get an education, they need it, except 2% of them.

Not really that interested either,

Feb 7, 2021, 9:21 AM

Dislike Brady. But may watch for the commercials.
When else do you say that? Hoping Brady and the Bucs
get beat and Watkins, O'Daniel, Breeland, and Pinion
do well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#metoo but ironically I find myself pulling for Brady

Feb 7, 2021, 10:00 AM

in this one. Just because he's old and he's a bit more likeable without Belichick and man, to have played in 10 Supes and to make it to one at 43 years old with a new team...I have to pull for him. Mahomes will have plenty more.

Of course I would also be happy for the KC Tigers if they win, especially if they were to make some key plays in it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 9:21 AM

I won't be. But it's due more to my side job (I'm a teacher) being Uber Eats and me figuring I'll make bank during the game as long as I stay close enough to Buffalo Wack Wings to keep delivering from them.

Truth. BDubs is one crazy place.

Feb 7, 2021, 9:56 AM

The one here has been very busy during COVID. We have even ordered from there a couple of times, just because it is around the corner from our house.

But the other interesting thing is it is Ground Zero for young alcoholics. People start drinking there every evening and it's nuts on the weekends. COVID be dammed.

COVID may have hurt many restaurants, but BDubs ain't one of them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 9:35 AM

I'm not watching ... couldn't care less due to "all of the above" and a few more.

I have not watched the Superbowls

Feb 7, 2021, 9:39 AM

since Ragon was in office.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have not watched the Superbowls

Feb 8, 2021, 5:41 PM

What’s a Ragon? One of those cream cheese stuffed fried things at the Chinese restaurant?

I'll have it on and listen to most of it and watch a little.

Feb 7, 2021, 9:41 AM

I do have interest since several former Tigers are playing. Also have to keep up with the pool I'm in. I know my nine year old will have a fair amount of interest in it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve got it on the iPad . . .

Feb 7, 2021, 7:31 PM

and check in occasionally . . . pulling for the team with the most Tigers . . . Sorry Bradley

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ll be watching.

Feb 7, 2021, 9:41 AM

It’s the Super Bowl.

Plus, several Tigers are playing. I want to see them.

No amount of ridiculous political crap or social justice agendas can keep me from watching it.

Plus, me not watching isn’t going to affect the NFL, the media, or the advertisers one bit. So any desire to “protest by not watching” is silly.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

thank you

Feb 7, 2021, 12:50 PM

IK mean its a football game. people around here get there panties in a wad over political BS. Im just going to enjoy watching the last football game of the year.

I usually watch only for the commercials, BUT ironically...

Feb 7, 2021, 9:52 AM

this year I actually care about the game - Old GOAT vs. Young King. And it has been very nice to not have the usual hype leading up to it. I'm looking forward to the game. And I am sad that there's no more football (unless we have a spring game) until September. Football season is the best season.

I may be in the minority.

Feb 7, 2021, 12:56 PM

actually I KNOW im in the minority, but I dont think Mahomes is all that. he hit the jackpot by landing in Kansas City. Give DW4, Jackson, Wilson, or any good QB int he league those weapons, and they will be in superbowls. don't get me wrong he is good, but people just ignore the ungodly amount of talent he has around him. Kelce and Hill are two of the best pass catcher I've ever seen. then you throw Sammy and Hardman into the mix as well.

We will see in a few years when some of these weapons want their payday as well. and seeing how mahomes is eating up a good chunk of their payroll, I don't see KC being able to bring them back. but we will see.

Feb 7, 2021, 9:56 AM

I'm not and I guess l blame the media more than anything. More often than not, most of these players grew up poor and in rough neighborhoods. They make it to the NFL, make money and are mostly good people. But like most everything else, the media only shows the ones who try to be holier than now and tell me how I should be and think and that just turns me off. The story about Grady Jarrett will hardly be shown as much as the violence and hate will be shown. It may sound childish, but that's why I won't watch.

Feb 7, 2021, 10:12 AM

Havent watched the last 4 or 5 probably. Simple fact wasnt interested in the matchups. Will watch tonight. Brady vs Mahomes. Doesnt get any better than that. Totally understand people not watching though. Will be interesting to see the ratings come out tomorrow. All sports have had drastic declines this year.

I will watch. Maybe the 3rd game all year. Will be

Feb 7, 2021, 10:16 AM

interested in the former Tigers, as well as Brady and Mahomes.

Feb 7, 2021, 10:17 AM

Haven't watched nfl in years

Feb 7, 2021, 10:28 AM

May occasionally tune in just to check on the score, but I absolutely refuse to watch halftime. Who wants to listen to poetry during a football game? Ridiculous. NFL, no fun league, all about me me me anymore.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2021, 10:42 AM

Who’s playing? Chicomms prefer big round ball so you better watch while you can.

Feb 7, 2021, 3:03 PM

Good one DBritts!

Feb 7, 2021, 10:47 AM

I'm not watching men who became filthy rich playing a game disrespect our flag and the men who died to give me a life in the freest, wealthiest country in human history. The halftime shows promote blatant sexual immorality which is destroying one segment of our population which has a single parent birthrate of over 70% which leads to high crime and poverty rates for the same segment. I don't care if you don't think my approach won't "fix" anything, I'm just not personally participating in the destruction of our country.

Some of you guys are sooo Predictable!

Feb 7, 2021, 10:54 AM

BLM, Kaepernick, Trump, kneeling, the flag...on and on.

It’s a game that happens to be the biggest single event in the world.

Don’t watch and see if the world is different Monday morning.

Don’t watch it

Feb 7, 2021, 11:22 AM

You’ll show em!

Curious. Those mocking people for not watching- do you vote?

Feb 7, 2021, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Some of you guys are sooo Predictable! ]

You seem to think it’s absurd to keep the TV off if you find the climate of the league unpalatable. As if, because you singularly can do nothing, you might as well watch an event that will only frustrate you. Odd.

Anyway, I won’t be watching. I’ve been off of pro sports for a while now. For those watching, I hope it’s a good one!

null

I’m watching but mocking people for

Feb 7, 2021, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Some of you guys are sooo Predictable! ]

Caring about the slow destruction of our society is an interesting take.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty sure

Feb 7, 2021, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Who else is NOT watching the SB ]

people like you said the same thing about the beatles, Elvis, Motley Crue, Kiss, and just about any other hard rock band to exist. I mean Miley Cyrus and other pop musicians aren't for me, but I feel like that is where parenting comes into play.

Feb 7, 2021, 11:34 AM

I'm only going to check the score because I believe this game is rigged so that Brady not only gets #7 ,but becomes the first QB to win it on his home turf.
I mean why else did he sign with the Bucs?

I mean, they do

Feb 7, 2021, 1:01 PM

have some of the best young weapons in the game. just no one to get the ball to them. then you add in the signings of Gronk and Brown and its just icing on the cake.

NFL games are consistently around 3 hours in length

Feb 7, 2021, 11:59 AM

It’s college football that continues to bleed closer to 4 hour marathons

I love when anti-NFL people have to make a point to tell

Feb 7, 2021, 12:04 PM

everyone about how much they don’t watch the NFL. I don’t watch soccer but I don’t start threads about not watching soccer. You know why? Because nobody gives a ####. It’s like vegans and crossfit nerds who feel the need to tell everyone that they’re vegan or do crossfit nerd stuff. That’s what you just did, nerd.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Exactly, and now we can add Peloton to the list of annoying

Feb 7, 2021, 12:46 PM

lifestyle choices like veganism and CrossFit that its adherents just can’t help but shove in everyone’s faces.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I just don't understand not wanting to watch the game

Feb 7, 2021, 2:16 PM [ in reply to I love when anti-NFL people have to make a point to tell ]

played at it's highest level, with the best players at their peak....But then I love the game of football itself and not just my team

You’re so brave. Thank you for your sacrifice

Feb 7, 2021, 12:36 PM

??

WRONG BOARD!

Feb 7, 2021, 12:57 PM

Wanted to make sure that was covered............

I'll watch the flyover***

Feb 7, 2021, 1:18 PM

Feb 7, 2021, 1:49 PM

We will watch, but won't be glued to the tv. During the Year of The Wuhan, we discovered there are better things to do on a Sunday afternoon. We also cut back on college football, we only watch Clemson (religiously) , V-Tech (wife's college) and Marshall when we can.

Sport, playing or watching, is a chance to escape the pressures of life for awhile. Don't most folks want to forget about politics for a few hours. Criminy it's in our face constantly.

Either way, enjoy your Sunday, and Let's Go Tigers!

Yeah, who cares about watching the best players play at the

Feb 7, 2021, 2:07 PM

highest level of the sport anyway?

Re: Yeah, who cares about watching the best players play at the

Feb 7, 2021, 3:04 PM

Kinda like synchronized swimming---sooooo exciting.

6 hr time diff

Feb 7, 2021, 2:10 PM

it'll be at 12:30AM...no thanks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Watching every second

Feb 7, 2021, 3:05 PM

My team’s second appearance in 45 years. Many years I don’t care. This year I do!

#gobucs

Feb 7, 2021, 3:12 PM

The non pro sports watchers are worse than vegans about never shutting up about how they don’t watch. If you want to not watch then just don’t watch. No need to cry about how you’re not going to watch constantly.

Feb 7, 2021, 6:14 PM

I have not watched a super bowl game in at least 20 years. I cant even tell you who is playing today. It is so over-hyped!!!!

Feb 7, 2021, 6:39 PM

I just turned it on. Have not watched a game all year but Tom Brady has me curious. I’m already pissed watching the players talking, swaying, moving around during the anthem. Stand still, don’t talk you worthless turds!!

Feb 7, 2021, 6:44 PM

Not Watching

Problem is, all that is now in college football too.

Feb 7, 2021, 6:54 PM

Just look at the players helmets.

Feb 7, 2021, 7:46 PM

pawpaw81 said:

Because of :
JZee rock a fella and BLM
NFL games are unentertaining
It’s a total Corporate ####
Game is roughly 4,5 hours long
Got better things to do ?
NFL rigged?

Why aren’t you gonna watch it?

I am watching because I am not a snowflake crybaby.

Clemson's not playing***

Feb 7, 2021, 9:24 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 7, 2021, 9:55 PM

I am watching because these guys are the best...

The biggest, fastest players usually win. I like to see my basic theory play out...

Feb 7, 2021, 11:06 PM

Didn’t watch. Not interested in the NFL’s socialist agenda.

I watched it and enjoyed it..

Feb 7, 2021, 11:18 PM

I utilize my given ability to see things I don't agree with and still enjoy what I'm watching. I don't think the nfl is rigged at all and the games(minus the super bowl) are easy to watch and relatively fast compared to most college games.

The BLM stuff is a bit much, they can't just mention it...it's pretty in your face but I don't allow it to ruin my plans bc I disagree with someone's support for it.

Beside, alot of you boycott the NFL but watch our tigers...who I'm pretty certain had a big role in the BLM protests, painted our field and allowed players to change their jersey names in support....so did you quit watching Clemson this year? And college football in general had it everywhere if that's the reason.

If you let politics dictate your decisions then you have to stop doing alot of things.

I don't have a problem if someone doesn't want to watch and I can understand why but the logic doesn't follow alot of times.

old white crabapples,

Feb 8, 2021, 3:55 PM

i watched, as i do every year. i enjoyed it, as i usually do. wish it would've
been closer score-wise. i also enjoyed the weeknd, which really isn't my cup
of tea as far as music goes. and my favorite commercial was the winona ryder/timothee chalamet
cadillac ad.
cheerio.

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic