Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Gamecock linebacker weighs in, says Tigers are not as physical as Georgia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 83
| visibility 1

TNET: Gamecock linebacker weighs in, says Tigers are not as physical as Georgia

Jul 21, 2019, 1:26 PM

Gamecock linebacker weighs in, says Tigers are not as physical as Georgia

ESPN college football analyst Desmond Howard questioned Clemson’s physicality and toughness last season, saying the Tigers were more of a finesse team. Now SEC players are beginning to pile on. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think both sec team's players were pretty much on point, imho..

Jul 21, 2019, 1:34 PM

do you want to die by a blunt instrument slowly (UGA)..

or by a rocket ship's after-burner scorching you as it zips by you (Clemson)!

TD's are TD's and the most tallied gives the winner.

Saying..15-0 and 44-16 said it "Bluntly" for cry baby Bammy!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup, those were Shakespeare comments...

Jul 21, 2019, 1:52 PM

Much ado about nothing...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yup, those were Shakespeare comments...

Jul 21, 2019, 3:19 PM

Agree. I don't think anyone was suggesting UGA was better than Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 5:09 PM

would have loved to have seen that game, Bama's vaunted Defense apparently went to athens with coach Smart.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Yup, those were Shakespeare comments... ]

Agreed. No bulletin board material there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think both sec team's players were pretty much on point, imho..

Jul 21, 2019, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Think both sec team's players were pretty much on point, imho.. ]

Talking season

It's hard for our RBs and WRs to be physical

Jul 21, 2019, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Think both sec team's players were pretty much on point, imho.. ]

when nobody touches them.

Re: It's hard for our RBs and WRs to be physical

Jul 21, 2019, 9:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLvgo7-FpMA

Wonder if this was physical enough for them?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think both sec team's players were pretty much on point, imho..

Jul 21, 2019, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Think both sec team's players were pretty much on point, imho.. ]

Whatever sinks their ship!
We usually take teams out fast!
A fast death is better than a slow death!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to gauge how physical a team is

Jul 21, 2019, 1:36 PM

when they're already 20 yards down the field past you

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has anyone asked U of Texas who was the most physical team

Jul 21, 2019, 1:38 PM

they played?

I would be curious who they would say.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes me wonder about LSU too. They punched the flea bags

Jul 21, 2019, 5:15 PM

Right in the mouth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares what they say? These are statements caused......

Jul 21, 2019, 1:43 PM

by jealousy and nothing else. Alabama and the SEC and South Carolina are desperate to find something to criticize us for. They know the reality of our beating the #### out of South Carolina and Alabama last season - nothing else matters.

Re: Who cares what they say? These are statements caused......

Jul 27, 2014, 9:53 AM

Tiger77 said:

by jealousy and nothing else. Alabama and the SEC and South Carolina are desperate to find something to criticize us for. They know the reality of our beating the #### out of South Carolina and Alabama last season - nothing else matters.

In truth and all honesty, it won't ever matter what they say with their words in any order they like to place them bc their jealousy or their embarrassment will never score a point or win a game for them. To be the man, you have to beat the man, and Clemson has done just that through great recruiting of great talent, and mostly through great coaching.

When Dabo first accepted the job as head FB coach at Clemson, he said that he would work his tail off to win championships at Clemson through hard work, hiring the right coaches, and through recruiting the best players that fit Clemson. Dabo has done exactly that while everyone on the outside of Clemson were laughing and poking fun at him accusing him of being a dreamer with no Head Coaching experience what so ever.

Dabo has silenced their laughter, he has stopped their poking and talking down about him, and now they are making lame excuses of why they are now loosing to him. Are they jealous, I'm sure they are, but most of their anger is coming from the same people that were laughing and poking at Dabo at the beginning of his head coaching career at Clemson, the same ones that said that Dabo would never win a NC at Clemson as soon as he started winning 9-10 games a season. Jealousy maybe the cause of some of their hate, but most of it is bc Dabo has proved the Nay Sayers wrong and it's embarrassing to them that they were so completely wrong about Dabo and his abilities that they knew nothing about at the beginning of his head coaching career more than anything else, and they are still holding their nuts on him in hopes that he will soon fail. Finebaum said that Clemson fans didn't know how to win, when actually it's Finebaum that can't accept and give praise to what Dabo Swinney has accomplished at little ole Clemson!!! Go Tigers, and FTA!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Gamecock linebacker weighs in, says Tigers are not as physical as Georgia

Jul 21, 2019, 1:49 PM

So, he was saying we are more like a laser than a buzz saw? Yeah, ok. And, they should seek to be relevant before having an opinion about things they show so little skill and knowledge. We just load our cannon with whatever load we need to blow the door down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Gamecock linebacker weighs in, says Tigers are not as physical as Georgia

Jul 21, 2019, 2:02 PM

How would they compare Virginia to Georgia and Clemson?

Agreed

Jul 21, 2019, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Gamecock linebacker weighs in, says Tigers are not as physical as Georgia ]

Until they get some Nattys under their belt, they will always be the team with the Alabama mouth, but the Vanderbilt trophy case.

*My apologies to Vandy for this comparison.

Re: Agreed

Jul 21, 2019, 3:28 PM

Didn't vandy win a conference championship with cutler?

I could be wrong, my apologies..

H3ll no!!!!

Jul 21, 2019, 9:55 PM

Didn't vandy win a conference championship with cutler?

I could be wrong, my apologies..

Re: Agreed

Jul 21, 2019, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Agreed ]

Yes sir, that was a really low blow to innocent Vandy!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If only . . .

Jul 21, 2019, 1:49 PM

If only someone kept score during football games, then we would have an objective way of assessing how good a team is.

Hey, wait a minute . . .

My interpretation of that

Jul 21, 2019, 1:56 PM

Clemson attacks defenses in a more intelligent manner than Georgia.

Re: My interpretation of that

Jul 21, 2019, 2:09 PM

Play smart not hard!

Oooooohhhh I get it now!!!

Jul 21, 2019, 2:54 PM [ in reply to My interpretation of that ]

That must be what they mean by playing the tough SEC schedule. They can’t figure out how to stay fresh a whole game/season because every Saturday they try beating the square peg into the round hole... it all makes sense now!!

Jul 21, 2019, 1:59 PM

The gift that keeps on giving. I love it when opposing players give us locker material.

Jul 21, 2019, 2:05 PM

My thoughts exactly. But I guess Bentley is catching on. Didn't he say we were not all that good in 2016 after a total butt kicking?

Jul 21, 2019, 2:22 PM

I thought the same thing about Bentley. He knows CBV is going to have him looking at and seeing stars this year.

Clemson should have been invited to the sec meetings***

Jul 21, 2019, 1:59 PM

Jul 21, 2019, 2:02 PM

Seems like the narrative has gone from Georgia being the best team Bama played to the most physical team. I team can certainly be more physical, but not be the best. I could care less if we are not the most physical, but care a lot about us being the best ..... which we are!

The BCS is no longer able to carry water for the SEC...

Jul 21, 2019, 2:03 PM

The SEC members are all beside themselves because they actually have to play their way in now.

Jul 21, 2019, 2:10 PM

After getting clobbered by Virginia 28-0, what exactly do you know about physicality ?

Jul 21, 2019, 2:27 PM

Virginia allowed more points to ALL 12 of their other opponents than the "egg the Coots laid". Liberty even scored 24 on UVA.

Brunson sounds like a butt-hurt buffoon with his comments.

Stats suggest the Gamecock his talking out his butt.

Jul 21, 2019, 3:15 PM

Clemson averaged more yards per carry and gained more total yards rushing in 2018 than Georgia. We had 400 more yards on the ground for the year than the Bulldogs.

Clemson and Georgia faced 3 common opponents in 2018. Against Georgia Tech, South Carolina and Alabama, Clemson ran for 757 yards compared to 710 yards for Georgia

So we get more yards per carry and gained more total yards than Georgia. More importantly against 3 common opponents we out gained Georgia when rushing the ball.

Mostly likely the Gamecock player is just piling onto the SEC narrative and has no idea of the stats.
Or he's just dumber than a rock.

The reason SECers love the eye test so much might be because they are blind. Or they could be stupid.
Or they cannot face the truth. Talking out your butt might be what SECers do best.

But I thank them for putting the best team back on the ROY bus. They make Dabo's job easier every time they open their mouths.

Jul 21, 2019, 2:15 PM

Newsflash!! NOBODY outside of Cooterville respects the opinion of any U5C player (or coach too).

Dabo is loving this and is saving these comments for motivation later this season. Haters gonna hate.

Jul 21, 2019, 2:24 PM

That's interesting because the stats make it look like Clemson was much more punishing to a USCjr defender
Clemson 744 yards (LOLOLOL)
UGA 473 yards
Clemson Rushing 351 yards 6.4 ypc
UGA Rushing 271 yards 5.2 ypc
Clemson Passing 393 yards
UGA Passing 202 yards

Maybe this coot didn't know who was more physical because he didn't know which way was up when Clemson was thrashing him. Their defense was just running sprints most of our game.

THIS***

Jul 21, 2019, 2:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 2:25 PM

We're national champions 2 of 3 years. How many does Georgia have over that time? How many have they played in. Nothing else matters.

Jul 21, 2019, 2:30 PM

Our Scout team is more physical than the Coots.

Children Are To Be Seen And Not Heard

Jul 21, 2019, 2:35 PM

Get back to the kids table and eat all you dinner you little crumbsnatcher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey SEC

Jul 21, 2019, 2:41 PM

People show know when they’re conquered.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 21, 2019, 2:36 PM

I've been a Texas fan since I was a little kid and went to UT. Clemson is my other team because we live in Greenville part-time and I've fallen in love with the Tigers.
Bwahahaha, Texas beat up on Georgia in the Sugar Bowl, Georgia scored late to make it look closer than it was. But, Texas was more physical than the mighty Bulldogs, so I am calling BS on this idiot's comments. Georgia's running game did nothing against Texas, nothing. Georgia's 1,000-yard rusher against the mighty SEC defenses ran for 12 yards on 8 carries against Texas.

SEC is the most overrated conference in the land. The only thing they are really good at is cheating and talking trash.

Dabo is going to make playing SEC "statement games"

Jul 21, 2019, 2:45 PM

...from here until the end of his coaching career. Mark-It-Down.

Dabo will make destroying SEC teams a staple of his football program.

I feel bad for Jimbo and Co. because Texas A&M is in for a butt-kicking this September.

Dabo will never say a word (publicly), but I suspect he'll circle each and every SEC opponent and make a point of stomping on the gas peddle when we play each other.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 2:45 PM

We won the national championship last year. Everybody else can kiss my a$$ and ####.

Jul 21, 2019, 2:47 PM

I actually appreciate the gamecock players saying it is like comparing apples and oranges, and one said we were not as physical at point of the attack but that we would spread out and gut you. The good news is even if UGA is the tougher team what matters is who scores the most points and wins - the winning team wins national championships.

If you're a defensive player who isn't fast enough to

Jul 21, 2019, 2:51 PM

make contact with the offensive player you're assigned to defend, you might come away from that game thinking you played a less physical game than another game where you actually made lots of contact with your opponent.

Just a thought. What do I know?

Yippee, we're gonna get to

Jul 21, 2019, 2:55 PM

Lay a can of whip-azz on these teams this year! No more Mr Nice Guy ??

I don't find a lot at fault here. Just mistaking "physical"

Jul 21, 2019, 2:57 PM

with game planning and coaching is all. Clemson is obviously as physical and as tough as any team out there, on both sides of the ball - bar none. But we have an edge in teamwork and play calling where, as the SCar player referenced, we 'gut you' when it counts. And that's what it's about. We're not only expertly efficient in statistics on O and D, but efficient with the energy we put into each play from a player standpoint, which is probably how someone could make a comment like that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 3:02 PM

Look, these are ShameCock players. From their perspective, only loosing to Clemson by 3 touchdowns was a win for them. Like Alabama, the UofSC boys just don’t measure up!

Jul 21, 2019, 3:14 PM

Who cares whom is more physical...one program had 3 titles and the other has 1...let the hate continue.

Go Tigers!!

Jul 21, 2019, 3:15 PM

Has*

Jul 21, 2019, 3:19 PM

I know that 99.99999% of people on here know the order of these comments, but TigerNet in this particular article you made it sound like John Simpson made the first comment to start all this crap when in reality it was Alabama comment, then Simpson’s reply, THEN lamecock players comments. In this age of horrible journalism, we need to be able to count on TigerNet to be as responsible as possible. You know I love all of you that work hard to create this site that I love, but I gotta keep you on your toes at all times!!!

Having said that, I love that these Morans keep giving us fuel for this coming season. Spot the #### ball.

Jul 21, 2019, 3:51 PM

Absolutely. Tnet really could use some editors to get basic facts straight. The headline about “bear rolls” made me fall out of my chair. Anybody that played in the 70s and 80s in the state of Alabama knows those are bear crawls and they #### you off more than any other form of group punishment. They even quote Dabo in the article saying “bear crawls” so where did rolls come from?

LSU and Texas might disagree

Jul 21, 2019, 3:22 PM

The scoreboard explains everything with Bammer

Jul 21, 2019, 3:22 PM

Who cares what any opposing players think of how tough the Tigers were last year?
The record speaks for itself. They are just looking for billboard material.

Jul 21, 2019, 4:28 PM

Boy all of these guys talking smack really do wanna get blown out next year. I think Clemson does most teams favors being nice and pulling guy when up by 4+ touchdowns. Guess that needs to change a little and make sure they realize who and what Clemson is.

Jul 21, 2019, 5:11 PM

No way. I want to kick all their behinds as quickly as possible and then give third and fourth quarter experience to the second and third groups. This will perpetuate Clemson's dominance.

Dont matter, We Won The Natty.....

Jul 21, 2019, 4:28 PM

And who gives a rip what those losers think.

Of course you realize this means...

Jul 21, 2019, 4:58 PM
bugs.jfif(80.2 K)

63 to 17 will look like a walk in the park the last Saturday in November.

Go Tigers !!!!!!

Jul 21, 2019, 5:32 PM

Lol

Goooood Goooood

Jul 21, 2019, 5:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*LOL* Beat me to the punch.

Jul 22, 2019, 1:54 AM

Love it, keep fanning the flames SEC!!! Nothing more

Jul 21, 2019, 7:31 PM

physical than a bunch of pi$$ed off Tigers!!! The locker room bulletin board must be getting pretty crowded by now!
All comers welcome to try to dethrone the reigning Natty Champs!! And BTW, good luck with that!!

Go Tigers!!!

Jul 21, 2019, 7:45 PM

https://youtu.be/wfuUrRLFDr0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 21, 2019, 8:07 PM

Nothing beats BS in July...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Coot LB! Is that what you think?

Jul 21, 2019, 8:09 PM

IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU THINK !!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s get this straight...

Jul 21, 2019, 8:19 PM

We’ve outscored them in the last three seasons 146-52, and they want to say we’re not “physical”? What more does Clemson have to do, go into their locker-room after the game and beat their a$$es?

These people are idiots. I’m just amazed that the same idiocy extends beyond Columbia all the way to Tuscaloosa.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 8:58 PM

Very possibly correct. But still bulletin board material. But we do lead with 3 NCs since 1980 vs Ga. So there’s that.

Jul 21, 2019, 9:13 PM

Being physical works well against inferior teams. What was Georgia when they went against teams that had the physical talent to line up with them? 0-3

Jul 21, 2019, 9:25 PM

All I can say about the Gamecocks and Mussbogger is they are 0 for two against the cream puff ACC teams :)

Jul 21, 2019, 9:27 PM

First of all Desmond Howard does not like Clemson and basically does not have a clue. He picked BC to beat us last year and just about all playoff games in the past four years. Second, coming from a Coot, who cares. We won. SEC schools still can't admit losing to us. Sounds like 2016 election. Still in denial.

Jul 21, 2019, 9:38 PM

Notice only the teams whose a$$’s we kicked call us a finesse team yet we Physically kicked their a$$’s from one end zone to the other....remember this, this statement comes from a loser program whose greatest “victory” was a 21 pt loss to our finesse teal! What a joke!

Jul 22, 2019, 1:33 AM

With out 2nd and 3rd team in for most of the second half! ??

We used this game to set everyone up for the playoffs because they all thought they were going to pass on us and nobody could.....lol

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 21, 2019, 10:33 PM

We have won 2 out of 3 Nattys! Who cares what you think of our style of play, it obviously works. I guess GA and SC enjoyed sitting on the couch watching us finesse our way to another Natty! LOL!

Jul 22, 2019, 1:20 AM

It must be nice to be a coot and get to chime in with the big boys who whooped their butt the best and how. I guess they’ll get another chance judge who whooped their butt by all three teams this year and just maybe ole muscoot himself can help us out this time!!

Can you imagine the pride the coots must feel to be the judge of their butt whooping!! Nothing could be finer in Carolina!! Lol ??

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 22, 2019, 1:57 AM

He's right - it is apples and oranges - and it appears the "orange" is on top of the heap. Seriously the game has gone past just the old 3 yards and cloud of dust "physical" football. Of course is always physical every play but its also being able to move and getting the other guys where you want them to be before the play is run - why beat your head against the wall if you can succeed by moving people around. So, if you want to compare "physical" look at 3-1 and 4-1 where it usually but not always comes down to "physical" brute force football. Do this for offense and defense and see where we come out - I'm guessing pretty good!

Jul 22, 2019, 6:21 AM

LOL this coming from a kid that has never beaten Clemson. I guess it doesn't really matter whether you lose hand to hand combat or carpet bombed. Either way, you're a loser and need to shut up till you win something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why give this any attention???***

Jul 22, 2019, 7:32 AM

Jul 22, 2019, 7:42 AM

Ross broke that guy's ankles without hardly touching him as he blew by him for a TD. Don't need to be "physical" when you can do that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bless his heart !!!

Jul 22, 2019, 7:42 AM

Isn't it cute how he seems to believe that ANYONE actually cares what he says or thinks !?!?!?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I dont think he said anything wrong...

Jul 22, 2019, 8:30 AM

some teams are just very physical in their style but doesn't mean they are better. I think BC is more physical than us every time we play them...but thats just who they are.

Jul 22, 2019, 10:37 AM

Now, take a deep breath, and ask yourself: who can argue with any of this? I can easily see a scenario where team A is more physical than team B, but team B is the better football team. We need to lighten up on the defensiveness, and just remember, for instance, that Finebaum is Finebaum. We need not to be that on the other side.

Jul 22, 2019, 10:40 AM

I'm not offended by these comments, I kind of understand what they mean. I'm just glad that they are giving Dabo and this team some ammo for when we meet.

Can't disagree, both teams polar opposite...

Jul 22, 2019, 12:49 PM

...UGA wants to bludgeon you to death, CU uses the entire field to shred you.

Replies: 83
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic