Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who believes we can win Champion this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Who believes we can win Champion this year?

Oct 1, 2017, 12:08 AM

I am doubtful whether we can get a point if we play Bama. Our offense has a big problem with passing game. Bryant is not the QB answer. His passing ability is below the average. Please try other QBs, at least give them a chance

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When born, you were?***

Oct 1, 2017, 12:10 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nope....Go Really Watch Playcalling

Oct 1, 2017, 12:11 AM

Once this team gets a lead the coaching staff puts the game on the Defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB2 had the worst performance of the year tonight.

Oct 1, 2017, 12:18 AM

But to think that you'd put a different untested QB instead of him, I wonder about your football knowledge.

He's faced three top-15 teams, two of them on the road, one with the so-called most-electric player in college football, one obviously stout defense, one defense with such highly praised DC.

And you really want someone else at QB? Really?

Re: Who believes we can win Champion this year?

Oct 1, 2017, 12:21 AM

I am usually not sarcastic, but have u even watched a game? I don't know if we will repeat, but this is a really good football team. We best 3-top-15 for first time ever since AP started 100 years ago. Just saying go tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 12:21 AM

I am usually not sarcastic, but have u even watched a game? I don't know if we will repeat, but this is a really good football team. We best 3-top-15 for first time ever since AP started 100 years ago. Just saying go tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 12:31 AM

I'm not sure if we'll win the title, but I'd pick us to beat any team in the country right now except maybe Bama. I also think that we can beat Bama, but it took every single big of Watson being special to top them last season. I wouldn't count us out though, and Bryant has a lot of time to continue growing over the rest of the season.

Oct 1, 2017, 12:37 AM

Bama is old news.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've got to be kidding ...

Oct 1, 2017, 12:31 AM

#2 ranked, 5-0 with wins over three top-15 teams, two of them on the road, and you want to try "something different"

You can't be serious.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 12:42 AM

> I am doubtful whether we can get a point if we play
> Bama. Our offense has a big problem with passing
> game. Bryant is not the QB answer.

Did you not watch last season? Bryant looks BETTER than Watson did this time last year. Watson played incredible down the stretch, and the bigger the game the better he played. But he struggled through part of last season. And coincidentally, one of his biggest struggles was over throwing receivers, just like Bryant has from time to time.

Through five games last year Watson had thrown 7 interceptions. Bryant has thrown 3.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 12:53 AM

I don't want to bench Bryant, and I'm happy with him as the QB so this isn't a knock on him. However, to say that Bryant has been better through the first 5 games this year than Watson was last season is just silly IMO. You point out that Watson had more interceptions, but fail to point out that Watson had 14 passing touchdowns through that same time period last season compared to 3 so far for Bryant. That's not even factoring in the difference in yardage between the two, and the much higher number of attempts for Watson which would largely explain the interceptions difference.

Oct 1, 2017, 1:06 AM

more attempts also explains more passing TDs for Watson as well. This team is running the ball more that last year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 1:20 AM

As I said, my point wasn't to hate on Bryant, but I just don't see how anyone could say he has played better through these 5 games than Watson did last year. Watson attempted so many more passes last season because the coaches trusted him to do so, and because that was our strength. There's nothing wrong with being more conservative, and nothing wrong with running the ball more often, but I don't think the comparisons to Watson are even fair to Bryant. With that said, Bryant has done a great job, and anyone who wants to bench him at this point is out of their minds.

And yet...

Oct 1, 2017, 2:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Who believes we can win Champion this year? ]

Even though there is no deny that Cain, McCloud, Richard, and all other receivers are talented, they are not Mike Williams and Jordan Leggett. Cain got more long shots and was more open up because there were more such threats last year.

Yes, we're hoping those players would step up. So far, it's McCloud who has done a great service to us. Renfrow is pretty much like last year, but he's now been known as one of our primary targets and so our opponents covered him up pretty well. Cain has been covered too, but he has yet stepped up to be Mike Williams' replacement.

So, those are the differences.

Of course, it appears that the coaches want to utilize what they have this year more, as well as to KB2's best potential, and so they call more rushing plays.

That said, that's why people praise KB2 and compare him to DW4 last year 'cause we lost a bunch of talents on offense to the NFL, while DW4 had pretty much the offense that dominated Alabama two years ago back.

Oct 1, 2017, 1:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Who believes we can win Champion this year? ]

DW4 didn't play to his standards in the first couple games but no comparison to kb. DW4 tried to fit throws in very tight windows and threw a lot more. Kb doesn't have that leash for good reason. DW4 is elite talent and kb is your average qb.

The defense has beaten 3 top 15 teams. We've left a lot of points on the field that last year we made. Clemson has played some good teams this year but hasn't faced an elite team yet.

I think we'll make the playoffs but could be in trouble after that without a great qb. About like Ohio state qb last year. Jmho.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 1:53 PM

Completely agree. We can beat everyone left on our schedule and whoever we would play in the acc championship game, but it's hard to see us beating an elite team with our current offensive production. The offense is far too inconsistent. Bama will shut down the run and I can't see KB making the throws DW made to beat them last year.

Some people have a hard time believing in a team

Oct 1, 2017, 12:42 AM

Led by a defense, esp when just last year the team was led by the offense.

However, I actually think it is easier to do it with a dominant defense. I think we'll be fine!

Typical coot!***

Oct 1, 2017, 12:47 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wondering if Bama would get a point our D***

Oct 1, 2017, 12:47 AM

Oct 1, 2017, 1:30 AM

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm just enjoying this season and taking things one game at a time. Not because of some just focus on the next game thing, but because I'm simply enjoying it. We could have gone 2-10 this season and I'd still be on cloud 9 following last year, and here we are at 5-0 with wins over 3 ranked teams behind us. This was supposed to be a "rebuilding" year where maybe we'd go 10-2 or even 9-3, and put our future hopes in Lawrence. Yet, here we are in the playoff discussion nearly halfway through the season. To me this shows the level of our program even more so than winning the NC did. The only people at this point who don't realize we're here to stay are the ones in deep deep denial.

Oct 1, 2017, 1:42 AM

Bama is #1, and we are #2. I don't see that changing anytime soon. I'm not sure that PSU is not #2. I guess WSU, UW, UGA, TCU, OU, etc can fight for #4 spot. It won't be UGA at #4, because Bama will have to beat them twice this year. Let's hope someone knocks off some of these guys.

tOSU and Meeshagan can forget it. Wisconsin too. Miami too.

Maybe LSU. Oh wait...

Oct 1, 2017, 1:44 AM

Bama doesn't play Georgia in the regular season so if they beat them twice it would be in the playoffs.

Time for the MODS to start doing their job!

Oct 1, 2017, 1:50 AM

I ain't paying so I can read posts by obvious coots or bandwagoneers come and trash talk our successful students!

Look dirtpecker, I know it pains you that Mr #neveragain ain't getting it done for y'all. But straight up I trust in our QB Kelly Bryant to get the job done! When called upon I truely believe his arm and accuracy will not let Tiger nation down.Unlike other posters on this board tonight I have faith in my qb and coaches. Now show yourself out #### bag!

Re: Time for the MODS to start doing their job!

Oct 1, 2017, 1:57 PM

Then don't read it dumba$$. Good lord you internet nerds take this place so serious. It literally ruins your day when you read something you dont like.

Oct 1, 2017, 4:04 AM

Last year's team was built and executed around a mega-star. This year's team is built on the strengths of the team. Nothing wrong with either approach. The difference is the "mega-star" approach delivers more flashy plays and appears to be better. Personally, I think this year's team is better. It just doesn't deliver fireworks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2017, 6:40 AM

I DO.... GIVE ME THAT CHIP... I AM ALL IN!!!!
Are you people EVER sarisfied??
We have gone against some pretty decent teams. Yes, we have some things we can work on but our guys never quit.
Be Happy for tbem!!!! They are an awesome team!!! Congrats Tigers!!! We (true fans) love you!!!

The Ravens won the Superbowl with Trent Dillfer.

Oct 1, 2017, 1:57 PM

We can win it all with K Bryant. Our D is just too good. Our O is going to get better.

Oct 1, 2017, 2:03 PM

Here are a few words for you to google that likely apply to you:
Coot
Low pulse troll
Idiot
6th grader

Oct 1, 2017, 2:41 PM

I think we can but if I had to bet my salary I would say we lose to Alabama in the championship

At this point it looks like a complete roll reversal

Oct 1, 2017, 2:59 PM

We have the BIG D and Bama has the powerhouse O.

Oct 1, 2017, 5:43 PM

allintigers: your ignorant post does not merit a reply. We will pistol whip and beat the .... out of the sport Bama team!!!Watch. Have you not seen the last 2 times we played them.? Wake up and beat some air. Your brain needs it!

Oct 1, 2017, 5:48 PM

agree our offense has a few weaknesses, we rank in the 40s right now, but bama got in last year with a true freshamn under center, a great defense and killer running game. That is where we are right now. We have all the ingredients we need to make another urn.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm Does this sound familiar

Oct 1, 2017, 6:00 PM

A team with a great defense, very good to great run game, good WRs but not a supremely talented QB. Sounds a lot like Clemson this year......or Bama the last 2 years. KB has enough skills to do what we need him to do. I'm not saying we will or won't win the National Championship (right now I'm worried about our not so special teams hurting us there) but I've not seen anything out of either Cooper or Johnson that indicates they would give us as good a chance to win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic