Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which team do you think was better?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Which team do you think was better?

Feb 27, 2017, 11:01 AM

2015 or 2016?

I'll go to my grave thinking the 2015 team was the better team. That team didn't win the title thanks to a perfect storm of opposing events (turnovers, onsides kick, OJ Howard cloaking device, Mack's injury, etc.). That game was ours and, quite honestly, we should have won that game by two touchdowns. Don't get me wrong, I love this 2016 team, especially their grit and resiliency, but pound for pound, I think the 2015 team was better. We really should be two-time defending champs right now.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which team do you think was better?

Feb 27, 2017, 11:17 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2017, 11:22 AM

I think we were more talented in 2015 but we were weak on special teams and we had a couple of secondary guys who were playing rogue not using their keys in the last few games otherwise we would have been back to back Champions!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 27, 2017, 12:41 PM

Good thoughts!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Jadar and Smith had been the safeties in '15, we would

Feb 27, 2017, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Which team do you think was better? ]

have been back to back Champs.

Feb 27, 2017, 11:37 AM

I think we had the best team in the nation in 14,15 and 16.
But the 15 team had the best chemistry .
If not for that onsides kick we would be the reigning 2 time NC.
Nick knew that game was about to be over and made the right call.

There's no way our 2014 team was the best in the nation***

Feb 27, 2017, 11:49 AM

Re: There's no way our 2014 team was the best in the nation***

Feb 28, 2017, 4:37 PM

With Deshaun healthy in 2014, I think we would've had an argument for a top 5 team. Obviously that wasn't the case.

Doesn't matter though!

2015 was more talented. 2016 team had better leadership in

Feb 27, 2017, 11:47 AM

terms of experienced upperclassman in key positions, in addition to most of that talent back from 2015. Never was this more apparent than against Ohio State. When they missed those 2 FGs, they didnt have the experience / mental toughness and collapsed. Clemson could turn the ball over, get down in the 4th QTR, etc, but having been in those situations so many times, always knew they could and would win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

2016 team had a higher ceiling.

Feb 27, 2017, 11:48 AM

We didn't play up to that level at times during the season, but i think our 2016 defense was better, particularly late in the season when the 2015 defense swooned, and we just had more play making ability with Mike Williams back on offense. The 2016 team also had a lot of experience in big moments and less terrible special teams.

2015 team was better at run blocking and better at getting edge pressure, but the 2016 compensated with dominant DT play and often collapsed the pocket right in QBs faces.

You nailed it

Feb 27, 2017, 10:52 PM

nm

Although I agree we should have won the first one..

Feb 27, 2017, 12:26 PM

I'm going to say 2016:
(1) Mike Williams;
(2) our defensive secondary played better as a unit, without the dependency of the incredible athletic talents of Alexander, Green, and Kearse, these guys did less freewheeling and stayed with their technique and assignments;
(3) Better special teams;
(4) And this is the big one, Alabama had a year to work on defensing our offense and Watson, and yet, in the fourth quarter, they still couldn't STOP IT!

I would say about the same. Both teams were extremely

Feb 27, 2017, 5:56 PM

talented. Mike Williams made a big difference this year, along with our stars being one year older. The games were both close. Bama made a few things happen last year. We made them happen this year. The great catches by Williams, Leggett, etc turned the tide in our favor this year.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel that 2015 was better...but I'm okay with how...

Feb 27, 2017, 6:39 PM

...things turned out.

It seems like the 2016 team was the team of destiny, or at least I was feeling it until we lost to Pitt. From that point, WE EARNED IT - football gawds be dammmmned.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2017, 11:31 PM

Losing Shaq and Mac at the beginning of the game in 2015 is , in my feeble mind at least , what ultimately cost us that game .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 28, 2017, 12:32 AM

Idk which was better, but don't forget '15 didn't have the deep threat and kick off man for the NCG. Don't get me wrong, CDS did the right thing, but we can only guess what impact that had on the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2017, 12:43 AM

Here's a question for you. If Dabo doesn't offer Renfrow as a walkon do we win the NC this past year?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2017, 12:55 AM

The #13 has been for clutch Clemson WRs for a decade, now. What do you think?

Feb 28, 2017, 1:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Which team do you think was better? ]

Probably not. We played behind in the fourth quarter allot this season. We needed his reliability on critical, must have plays in order to keep drives alive. Someone else dropping the ball just once in the situations could have given us a second loss and surely out of the playoffs, or lose the Championship. IMO

What say you?

agree we should have 2 in a row but

Feb 28, 2017, 9:05 PM

it's hard to say which team was better. maybe a fully funded team last year (no Williams injury, Lawson injury, Alexander injury and Cain suspension) was a more talented team. also would've been nice if Kearse didn't lose interest after the ga tech game...

this year's team was faced with a tougher road though. having to win on the road at 3 places we historically lose, playing the heisman winner, facing the toughest schedule and playing with expectations of getting to the title game or bust. facing all that and coming out on top might make the 16 team the best team

That experience factor I think puts the 2016 team over

Feb 28, 2017, 10:29 PM

That's why we finished. Not just players but coaches.

"OJ Howard cloaking device" got a LOL outta that one...***

Feb 28, 2017, 10:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

That was good...***

Mar 1, 2017, 3:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2017, 11:43 AM

Without the PITT Loss in 2016, 2015=2016

God this post pisses me of in that I know exactly what you

Mar 1, 2017, 3:58 PM

mean. We should be B2B Champs!

2015 gets the slight edge...

Mar 1, 2017, 4:35 PM

....remember we had a beat-up defense at the NC game in 2015, Alexander, Lawson, Boulware were all gimpy. You have these guys full speed and I think we get it done in that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure we win it in 2016 if we had won it in 2015.

Mar 1, 2017, 4:47 PM

Repeating is so much harder.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic