Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which game did y'all want as fans - Sugar or Rose?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,545

Which game did y'all want as fans - Sugar or Rose?

Dec 20, 2020, 1:26 PM

Part of me is shocked that Alabama got the Rose Bowl & we got the Sugar Bowl until I realized that since Texas is allowing bigger crowds for sporting events than Louisiana that they would bend over for Bama to have a bigger crowd & whatnot. Plus, I know our fans don't care for us to play in NO due to issues w/ the Superdome & our historical lack of success in the Big Easy during postseason play.

Personally, I would've loved to seen our Tigers in the Rose Bowl...if it was gonna be the actual Rose Bowl. 100k fans, the view of the surrounding mountains & the sun setting on the stadium, the pageantry surrounding the game...none of that's present, I don't want our boys in it to be honest. Plus think about our prior trips to New Orleans...we played LSU twice & Alabama. The Sugar Bowl & the SEC go hand in hand. Given that, we would've been better off playing those games & Tiger Stadium or Bryant-Denny b/c estentially those were home games for our opponents. W/ playing Ohio St & the other stuff this year, we're not playing in front of a crowd that is decidely in favor of the other team, so that's something that's works to us. I think we're in much better shape to finally cross that elusive Sugar Bowl championship off our list than we have been our previous trips.

So what say you guys & gals? Disappointed we're not in the Rose or willing to accept being in the Sugar this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% empty stadium vs 97% empty stadium....who cares?***

Dec 20, 2020, 1:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 100% empty stadium vs 97% empty stadium....who cares?***

Dec 20, 2020, 1:34 PM

Rose Bowl Clemson has never been and it would be nice to get that trophy in the case

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which game did y'all want as fans - Sugar or Rose?

Dec 20, 2020, 1:34 PM

The “rose bowl” is not the rose bowl this year. Neither is the Sugar. In a normal year, the rose bowl is a bucket list game for me...not this year.

There won’t be any fanfest, concerts, etc. Teams will fly in the day before like a regular away game. The bowls are just another game as far as the experience.

Dec 20, 2020, 1:39 PM

Rose. Memories of the Sugar are not great, but we can make it great.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

This is good for our team, pure business trip.

Dec 20, 2020, 1:41 PM

And TE #9 gets one last homecoming to his home state.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: During a normal year, Rose...

Dec 20, 2020, 1:42 PM

we have never been and would love to see Pasadena and the Rose Bowl parade.

WTS, Sugar Bowl is also great. Hopefully, we can get our first win there.

Re: During a normal year, Rose...

Dec 20, 2020, 1:47 PM

The Rose bowl is being played in Texas.

Clemson has had more success in Texas than Louisiana.

Dec 20, 2020, 1:56 PM

I wanted Rose Bowl bad before covid hit. Only bowl we haven't played in of the majors. But since there is zero chance of attending? Dont care. I'll start hoping for Rose next time around.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,545
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic