Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Which former Tiger in the NFL do you feel most sorry for?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Which former Tiger in the NFL do you feel most sorry for?

Sep 20, 2019, 5:34 PM

Obviously any of us wish we could make that kind of money, I am talking about being stuck on the team they are on, or the situation they are on with their current team, right now my current pick would be Christian Wilkins in Miami, but here is a link to former Clemson players who are active on NFL rosters & which team they are on

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/active-nfl-players-by-college/clemson/90314

Message was edited by: Watkins Hopkins®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which former Tiger in the NFL do you feel most sorry for?

Sep 20, 2019, 5:40 PM

Wilkins for sure. Who else has such a bad deal?

Sep 20, 2019, 5:47 PM

Dexter Lawrence maybe? not sure Daniel Jones is a savior & Barkley is going to eventually get worn down from usage

Sep 20, 2019, 5:50 PM

One of those 2 players may be saved by getting Trevor Lawrence after next season.

Sep 20, 2019, 5:52 PM

you mean season after next, next year is Tua, Trevor isn't eligible until 2021

Sep 20, 2019, 5:58 PM

Trevor is eligible after next season. That will be 3 years. He is in year 2 now obviously, so after next season. After this season he will not be obviously, but there might be some good qbs. I dont think any will have the career TL will have. The Dolphins should wait for TL. Maybe the should draft Tua after this season and then TL the following season if they can. Could anyone ever pass on TL?

Sep 20, 2019, 6:10 PM

the pressure would be intense to draft Tua if you are in the first pick slot, although trading down & getting extra draft picks would most likely be wiser

Sep 20, 2019, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Which former Tiger in the NFL do you feel most sorry for? ]

also Jordan Leggett stuck on the freakin Bucs, he would be so much better off if he were traded to the Texans & then reunited with DW4

Sep 20, 2019, 6:01 PM

Bucs need to cut ties with Winston...tank next season and then hope to get TL too. That izf TL even comes out early. I think he will.

Sep 20, 2019, 6:11 PM

Jameis Winston has turned out to be so overhyped, based upon FSU's last championship season, plus dude just acts like a scrub

Sep 20, 2019, 6:34 AM

I'm going to say DW4 bc he is actually carrying his team and risking his entire FB career on every offensive play in every game, and the texans don't seem to be interested in building a stout O Line around him, and offensive play calling is horrendous without any protection for DW4 to play out of a pocket of any sort. I quit watching the Texans only bc I don't want to witness what could easily be the end of one of the best Clemson players career to be ended by just one blind side by someone who tries to take QBs out the game for ever!!! I hope that as soon as his contract is up, he will get away from the Texans as fast as possible if his career don't end first!!! Honestly, I can't watch them play anymore!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2019, 6:17 PM

I would like to see DW4 go to the Chargers once Rivers retires & reunite with Mike Williams, yeah the Texas front office is in total disarray

Sep 20, 2019, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Which former Tiger in the NFL do you feel most sorry for? ]

Thats a good point. They've also traded their draft picks away for next year and the following.

Sep 20, 2019, 10:22 PM

Bingo!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2019, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Which former Tiger in the NFL do you feel most sorry for? ]

DW for sure. The other players may be on bad teams but it doesn’t affect their health like a QB with a garbage OL.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 2:35 PM

TigerJS said:

DW for sure. The other players may be on bad teams but it doesn’t affect their health like a QB with a garbage OL.

DeShaun should leave when he becomes a free agent, although when you get drafted as a 1st round QB you become a prisoner of the team that drafts you because of franchise tags & it's really hard to walk away from the guaranteed amount of money they will offer

Sep 20, 2019, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Which former Tiger in the NFL do you feel most sorry for? ]

You hit the nail on the head. I think DW4 is in the most peril of any Clemson players. That to me is the reason to feel the most sorrow for his plight. If they do not spend the money or the draft picks to get competent OL, then I would be very glad to see him leave that team after this season (if he can make it through without major injury).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree--definitely DW4***

Sep 20, 2019, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Which former Tiger in the NFL do you feel most sorry for? ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Sep 20, 2019, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Which former Tiger in the NFL do you feel most sorry for? ]

You said it brother! Those idiots are going to squander one of the best NFL quarterbacks to come along in a decade. Hope he can escape, but I suspect he'll have the franchise tag put on him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not feeling sorry, but feeling frustrated, would have to be

Sep 20, 2019, 6:12 PM

Sammy Watkins. He knows what he is capable of, and yet everywhere he goes, he either gets injured, or now in KC is about the third of fourth option. He had one incredible game two weeks ago, and then I didn't even hear his name mentioned this week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not feeling sorry, but feeling frustrated, would have to be

Sep 20, 2019, 6:18 PM

Lets see how his season goes. He will have plenty of opportunity to have a great year I bet.

Sep 20, 2019, 10:25 PM

If he has a great year Carl, it will be bc of his legs and escape ability, and I pray for him to get through in-injured!!!

Sep 20, 2019, 10:33 PM

Was talking about Sammy Watkins at KC.

Sep 20, 2019, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Not feeling sorry, but feeling frustrated, would have to be ]

Sammy had 6 rec & 49 yards vs Oakland, but he had 13 targets, most of the misses were errant passes from Mahomes who was inconsistent

None, they’re all cashing fat checks.***

Sep 20, 2019, 6:25 PM

Re: None, they’re all cashing fat checks.***

Sep 20, 2019, 6:33 PM

Your welcome.***

Sep 20, 2019, 6:37 PM

Sep 20, 2019, 6:26 PM

Deshaun, he will have a short career if he doesn't demand a trade.

Sep 20, 2019, 6:46 PM

Poor Deshaun, at least he will always be a Clemson legend

None of them, they’re making millions to play a game.

Sep 20, 2019, 6:56 PM

What would they be doing without this opportunity?

Re: None of them, they’re making millions to play a game.

Sep 20, 2019, 7:09 PM

Tons of options. Moreover, the original post said aside from the money they are making.

Re: None of them, they’re making millions to play a game.

Sep 20, 2019, 7:39 PM

yeah some people can't read & like to be idiots because they have no actual original thoughts, I certainly would have thought that pre-qualifying it the way that I did, that it would keep the clowns away, unfortunately there are always a few in any group

Bull...

Sep 20, 2019, 8:01 PM

meet china shop.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bull...

Sep 20, 2019, 8:07 PM

None

Sep 20, 2019, 11:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic