Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where are they putting all the students from Earl Dorm
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Where are they putting all the students from Earl Dorm

Aug 16, 2019, 8:52 AM

Just heard it is sinking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard they were in hotels right now...

Aug 16, 2019, 8:54 AM

but that's only a temporary solution.

Some attorneys are about to cash in. There will be countless lawsuits filed over this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I heard they were in hotels right now...

Aug 16, 2019, 9:17 AM

Did they happen to put them at the Clemson Marriott? Looks like they may not be out by the A&M game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

story link

Aug 16, 2019, 9:21 AM

https://www.independentmail.com/story/news/2019/02/04/114-earle-clemson-student-apartments-structural-issues-sinking-downtown/2766491002/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I like how they took a picture sideways to make it look

Aug 16, 2019, 11:49 AM

really bad. The article says 2" settlement, which is bad, but that picture looks way worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoever was in charge of soil compaction testing...

Aug 16, 2019, 1:42 PM

and the installation of the footings and foundation is probably a very unpopular right now.

I hope their insurance premiums were paid-up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where are they putting all the students from Earl Dorm

Aug 16, 2019, 9:34 AM

I think they resolved the issue - I know a few students living there this year and they will be in Earle as expected.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's only a portion of the building not the entire complex.***

Aug 16, 2019, 10:14 AM

Aug 16, 2019, 10:35 AM

What stuck out to me was that these people are paying a grand a month to live there. Does that include utilites. I attended Clemson in the early 2000s and I stayed in several off campus appt and a house. The most i ever had to paid was a little over 400 including utilities and i thought that was expensive at the time.

Aug 16, 2019, 10:50 AM

Are they using their student loans to pay for this exorbitant luxury housing? And people want student loan debt to go away? Are you kidding me?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Time to show my Age

Aug 16, 2019, 10:55 AM

I stayed 3 semesters in Tom's Trailer Park, for 75 dollars a month and drove a 68 chevy corvair to deliver pizzas while I was at Clemson. Oh my the stories that I could tell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Time to show my Age

Aug 16, 2019, 11:29 AM

Johnstone and a $180/month run down apartment for me in the early 80's. I was perfectly happy. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Aug 16, 2019, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Time to show my Age ]

And that $180/month was split 4 ways.

Aug 16, 2019, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Time to show my Age ]

TU for driving a corvair... In early '70s i had a Gremlin...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My rent was $125 a month in Royal Acres Trailer Park

Aug 16, 2019, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Time to show my Age ]

across the bridge towards Seneca.

I have one senior at UNCC in Charlotte and my two daughters just graduated from State. Raleigh was about $600/month and Charlotte is about $700/month for average off campus housing. That is per room with 2-4 rooms total per apartment. $1000/month is about right for fancy schmancy housing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2019, 11:23 AM

There’s plenty of apartments in the area. I’d be signing a lease elsewhere. Anyone waiting around for “someone” to do something is foolish. .

Of course the available apartments are older, probably farther away and they may even have to share a bathroom...I don’t know how they’ll survive that.

Personally I’d be looking into on campus housing

buildabetterclemson.com started to eliminate cheaply built housing.

Aug 16, 2019, 12:31 PM

And to protect Clemson from becoming a concrete jungle.

Property owners are disgusted with the overgrowth that will lower property values

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic