Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where are the hummingbirds this year.? Our feeders have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,705

Where are the hummingbirds this year.? Our feeders have

Jul 30, 2020, 9:18 AM

always looked like the Atlanta Airport. This year, more like Myrtle Beach. Must be social distancing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where are the hummingbirds this year.? Our feeders have

Jul 30, 2020, 9:26 AM

I have noticed this same issue. In Charleston, I did see my neighbor put one out before me this year so I’m wondering if she pirated them all. Though I would still think at least one or two would visit my feeder but nothing. Good luck.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 9:26 AM

I cant speak to them but I keep hearing honey beees are fewer in number this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 9:28 AM

Honeybees have been hurting for a while. Last thing we need are the murder hornets.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 9:29 AM

My step mom said the same thing the other day. And I remember seeing quite a few last summer but haven’t seen a single one this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 9:43 AM

Have had feeders out since mid-March and only saw 2 until about 2 weeks ago. Since mid-July there has been a little activity seeing maybe several per day. Hope it continues to pick up.

Last year was down a little, but 2 years ago very busy from mid-Summer through Fall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slow here in Savannah but several weeks 4 came in to drink sugar

Jul 30, 2020, 9:57 AM

and by the way they sucked up the sugar water for long periods at a time you’d thought they’d just flown in from Russia and were super thirsty.

Now they’re chasing & playing with each other which means...

Yep, the bees are not as abundant.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2020, 9:57 AM

They seem to be running a little late this year around Atlanta. Haven’t seen any until about 2 weeks ago, but I am seeing 3-4/day now. I chalked it up to the summer being mild up until recently.

Jul 30, 2020, 10:25 AM

We had a couple until a bear took down our feeder . I still see one but none of the constant fights that we normally see .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have had more this year than ever. In our backyard it

Jul 30, 2020, 10:35 AM

looks like a royal rumble. Hummingbirds are very teritorial and mean to each other. We have a group that are constantly battling over our two feeders.

Last year, it was very rare that I saw them, maybe one per day for a few minutes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Jul 30, 2020, 10:44 AM

Just had to refill the feeder. They showed up later than usual this year in the Atlanta burbs but are out in full force now.

Jul 30, 2020, 11:36 AM

Yesterday afternoon I looked out the window and 3 painted buntings, a cardinal, and a hummingbird all landed on my Mandarin orange ?? tree here in Beaufort. I was amazed that it happened simultaneously. The hummingbird was flitting around a vitex tree that it loves looking for blossoms. Ferral cats have killed so many of the painted buntings that it's a pleasure to see one of those around.

Jul 30, 2020, 6:43 PM

Cats feral and otherwise are the number one killers of birds by far.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,705
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic