Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Coach M Lee the right man !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Feb 18, 2019, 11:33 PM

First of all let me say I think CML is a great guy and a good baseball coach . He has basically won a bunch of games at 2 schools now . I believe he actually had better luck in the post season with C of C. Prior to this 8 year drop Clemson Baseball was a top 10 maybe 5 program for 20 years or so.
We knew that pretty much a super was automatic and a trip to the CWS was a regular.
The 2010 team was our last real shot at a NC, and if not for the d amn Coots would have been the champs.
In year 4 under Lee I have yet to have that feeling that dang this is a really good team. A team that could make a run to the CWS.
Sure we have Won more midweek games than Jack did his last few years. But so far we are still just spinning in place . I’m definitely not saying fire the coach but are we now just a football school.
Glad when the other teams win but don’t really care?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, he is Exactly the man we need!!!

Feb 18, 2019, 11:42 PM

Monty has only won at every place he has Coached. He is going to do the same here and have a long Career to boot!!

Re: Is Coach M Lee the right man !

Feb 18, 2019, 11:49 PM

Give him some time to grow and get better at coaching and recruiting not that he hasn’t done a good job but I believe he will get better as he gets the guys he recruited.. We/he has had awful luck at great recruits going pro instead of coming to Clemson. I believe he will get better in all areas if we are patient and let him build this team to his preference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 19, 2019, 12:44 AM

This freshman pitching class he brought in this year is incredible. Just be patient

Feb 19, 2019, 4:27 AM

No he's not the right man,but neither is Brad Brownell.
So what do you do?
Simple. Next season have Monte Coach Basketball and Brad Baseball, and if they don't win the National Championships, shut the programs down. Come on, anybody that knows Clemson sports knows that UNCheat is the only basketball team in this area, and Coastal is the only baseball team in the state.

Feb 19, 2019, 7:22 AM

leftie said:

No he's not the right man,but neither is Brad Brownell.
So what do you do?
Simple. Next season have Monte Coach Basketball and Brad Baseball, and if they don't win the National Championships, shut the programs down. Come on, anybody that knows Clemson sports knows that UNCheat is the only basketball team in this area, and Coastal is the only baseball team in the state.

Sort of like taking the baseball coach that allowed the capons to taste the first success in 100+ years and making him director of ALL athletics, somehow believing that then they would be good at all sports.

Coot logic at its finest.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2019, 5:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Feb 19, 2019, 5:46 AM

Wow! A few games into the season and this has already

Feb 19, 2019, 6:18 AM

started?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: Wow! A few games into the season and this has already

Feb 19, 2019, 6:26 AM

And we're 3 and 1.

Feb 19, 2019, 6:34 AM

Yea, but how many one-run losses(one point) have to happen before we start calling for Monte's firing. Come on, this fan base can only tolerate so many losses by one run, and one team.

Feb 19, 2019, 6:40 AM

LOL next thing you know, winital is going to ask if Dabo is the right man. Sheeeesh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whenever I see "First of all..."

Feb 19, 2019, 6:57 AM

I know it's a negative poster. It's a language...like Spanglish and Engrish...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whenever I see "First of all..."

Feb 19, 2019, 7:50 AM

It’s a message board, it’s really not a big deal.
Just trying to get some baseball talk because unfortunately on this site . All that’s left want to argue and be self righteousness.
On a free message board at that , so I just give them what they want. Just wait to ACC play starts then the melt down will begin.

Re: Whenever I see "First of all..."

Feb 19, 2019, 9:00 AM

Speak for yourself. Frankly your opinion is just that. Anybody can post, but Coach Lee doesn’t care what you think, especially in rebuilding a legacy program.

Go find something else to complain about and do it somewhere else until you have anything remotely interesting to say.

Give Coach Lee time to accomplish his goals before suggesting he isn’t the right coach.

Go Tigers!

Feb 19, 2019, 6:57 AM

surely this is not a serious post.

Feb 19, 2019, 7:12 AM

oh crump where are you. this is diamond knowledge right hand man. have you ever seen anything this ignorant.

Winitall18
CU Guru [1092]
TigerPulse: 90%
Posted: Feb 18, 2019 11:33 PM

First of all let me say I think CML is a great guy and a good baseball coach . He has basically won a bunch of games at 2 schools now . I believe he actually had better luck in the post season with C of C. Prior to this 8 year drop Clemson Baseball was a top 10 maybe 5 program for 20 years or so.
We knew that pretty much a super was automatic and a trip to the CWS was a regular.
The 2010 team was our last real shot at a NC, and if not for the d amn Coots would have been the champs.
In year 4 under Lee I have yet to have that feeling that dang this is a really good team. A team that could make a run to the CWS.
Sure we have Won more midweek games than Jack did his last few years. But so far we are still just spinning in place . I’m definitely not saying fire the coach but are we now just a football school.
Glad when the other teams win but don’t really care?

Feb 19, 2019, 7:34 AM

Hook line and sinker

Feb 19, 2019, 7:13 AM

always love them posts that start off "first of all"

Feb 19, 2019, 7:40 AM

Did you push the little purple triangle?
Some off you people are really pathetic, if I would have made a tread praising CML. It would be crickets but I make a realistic post and the nursing home mob comes out. I really made this post to get you going this morning because dude you are a comic and didn’t know it.

Feb 19, 2019, 8:10 AM

YOU WILL FIND OUT HOW FUNNY I AM REAL SOON. JUST KEEP UP YOUR LITTLE ACT.

Of course he is.***

Feb 19, 2019, 7:21 AM

We have a baseball team? Can’t stand that game.***

Feb 19, 2019, 9:24 AM

Have You Been Drinking?

Feb 19, 2019, 10:04 AM

You certainly haven't been watching Clemson baseball. What a clueless post.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2019, 10:45 AM

Going into his 4th year having hosted a regional the prior 3 I'd say he is exactly what Clemson needed. Baseball has changed since Clemson was a power program in the early 2000's. You have big endowment schools and schools able to give guys full rides. This is an NCAA issue not a Clemson issue. Other than basketball and football recruiting this may be the next biggest thing as far as unlevel playing fields. Clemson is working on the problem but it takes time and right now big time guys aren't forgoing the draft to come to a place where they have to pay 75% out of their pockets. You cant deny though that Clemson can bring in top guys, something Coach Lee didn't have the opportunity to have at C of C. C of C isn't bringing in a Beer, Davidson, Meredith, Okey and they're not in the running or have had guys committed that just do happened to be 1st round draft picks. CLemson still has that brand to bring in top guys. The issue is filling a team around those guys especially starting and bullpen pitching.

Feb 22, 2019, 1:29 AM

Hold your horses buddy putting Meredith in the same sentence as Beer & Davidson those guys are 1st Rd picks and will be a professional ball player for a long long time. Just need to get Meredith on the field full time and hitting over the Mendoza line before putting him with Beer & Davidson!

Absolutely he is the right man !!!

Feb 22, 2019, 9:39 AM

This is first year that it is his own squad. Young talent on this team is amazing. This team has a ton of weapons and if these young arms develop like they have started .. watch out !!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic