Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
These AM people seem real culty
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

These AM people seem real culty

Sep 6, 2018, 7:42 AM

An immense amount of pride and pageantry for being basically coot level good for like 50 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These AM people seem real culty

Sep 6, 2018, 8:26 AM

While I realize you are probably just stirring the pot, talking smack, etc., might I offer a different perspective 07?

I am retired military, with the majority of my service in the Air National Guard, thus I got to serve a lot longer than if I had been active. During that time, I met a lot of Texas A&M grads that also served - both active and reserve. I found them to be great Americans, who just like us, REALLY LOVE their school. Throw in the fact that they still have a pretty big military connection/heritage (and we in the military are big on that culture of time honored traditions), and you probably have the explanation for the appearance or feeling of a ‘cult’.

As for 50 years of sports mediocrity... well, there just has to be Something In These Hills!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I got no problem with them

Sep 6, 2018, 8:28 AM

They're far better than the coots.

And Clemson folk are a bit cultish about our school, I don't consider that a bad thing.

Sep 6, 2018, 8:40 AM

All time wins

16). Texas A&M: 732-477-48 ... .601 winning %

17). Clemson: 729-459-45 .... .609 winning %

84). Coots: 602-572-44 ..... .512 winning %

Sep 6, 2018, 9:27 AM

Can’t wait to soak in the atmosphere Saturday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Sep 6, 2018, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: These AM people seem real culty ]

So what you're saying is that on Saturday... not only do we cut ya'lls lead to 2 games in the all time wins category , but we are about to jump into 16th place soon ... based on our current trajectories .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

When you're on top the only view is downward.

Sep 6, 2018, 9:54 AM

We've arrived now let's act like we belong. The AnM people seem ok to me. Nobody is showing up talking trash.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you're on top the only view is downward.

Sep 6, 2018, 10:08 AM

I live in College Station, married into an Aggie family (though, two of my wife's siblings graduated from Clemson) and am a civil engineer who gets to work with aggies on a daily basis. Some are trying to be optimistic but I haven't found any that expect an Aggie win on Saturday.

Over the years have met tons of A&M folks when

Sep 6, 2018, 10:03 AM

They come down to Charleston for the USuck game, god knows they don’t want to stay in Columbia longer than they have to.

Anyhow for the most part they have all been very nice people and complimentary of Clemson when we talk college football. One of the better SEC fanbases I’ve encountered.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic