Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When will the NCAA idiocy over recruiting visits end?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,681

When will the NCAA idiocy over recruiting visits end?

Feb 12, 2021, 12:20 PM

It's hurting Clemson more than others and I wish Dabo would be more vocal about it.

How in the #### is it okay for college campuses to have NFL pro days, but recruits can't visit?

On what level does that make any d@m sense?!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you answered your own question...

Feb 12, 2021, 12:52 PM

NCAA idiocy

The NCAA has absolutely no control over the pro days event hosted by the schools.

I wish all of the P5 conferences would ban together, start their own league, and tell the NCAA to go pi$$ up a rope.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I think you answered your own question...

Feb 12, 2021, 12:56 PM

The one thing I can say to defend the current rule with this is it at least keeps things even for all schools. We have different rules for different states for instance, so some states may allow visits if they were opened up, and maybe others wouldn't.

Also if the visits were allowed, then what about if we were recruiting a player in Texas for instance, but his family weren't comfortable traveling on a plane during this time. That would mean the player still wouldn't be able to visit Clemson, but maybe he'd be close enough to places like LSU, Oklahoma, or Texas to be able to drive and visit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me ask you this

Feb 12, 2021, 1:17 PM [ in reply to I think you answered your own question... ]

Would you even want a recruit around during pro day? With all the scouts, coaches, agents, and media around and whoever else;, it seems like a recipe for recruiting violations.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I was referring to normal recruiting visits***

Feb 12, 2021, 2:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When will the NCAA idiocy over recruiting visits end?

Feb 12, 2021, 1:00 PM

Your argument sounds nice but how does it hurt Clemson more than others? Our brand is strong right now. I'd love to be outraged with you if I can understand why?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think his point, and the way I feel about this,

Feb 12, 2021, 1:23 PM

relates to the old clemson adage of "if we can get them on campus we can get them TO campus." What we sell to these guys (not that I think its a sales pitch bc I believe in what dabo has built) plays much better in the warmth of personal connection than over a cold medium like zoom or whatever virtual visit medium they use. That's why I think it hurts us more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^This^***

Feb 12, 2021, 3:09 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every1 blames the NCAA. But the truth is

Feb 12, 2021, 1:12 PM

The NCAA wouldn't even exist if people would follow rules on their own.

We wouldn't need police if people didn't commit crimes.

Blame the sec for always cheating.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The NCAA is a toothless heel hound

Feb 12, 2021, 4:36 PM

The fact that they selectively enforce their own rules more than supports that they are on the take and can be bought.

Re: When will the NCAA idiocy over recruiting visits end?

Feb 12, 2021, 1:12 PM

Pretty sure recruits can visit whenever they want, unofficially.

And hosting a pro day is so far different than a recruit visit. Look at who was on campus today to watch and assess before they hand out tens of millions of dollars. The purpose, audience, and participants in a pro day are nothing like a recruiting visit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,681
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic