Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BC at GT postponed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,291

BC at GT postponed

Feb 16, 2021, 11:16 AM

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The Atlantic Coast Conference announced today that the Boston College at Georgia Tech men’s basketball game scheduled for Wednesday, February 17 has been postponed.

The postponement follows the continuing quarantining and contact tracing within the Boston College men’s basketball program. The team is adhering to the outlined protocols within the ACC Medical Advisory Group report, which is available on theACC.com (full report).

Below is the complete schedule for Wednesday, February 17:

NC State at Pittsburgh | ACCN | 4:30 PM
Syracuse at Louisville | ACCN | 6:30 PM
Northeastern at North Carolina | ACCNX | 7:00 PM
Duke at Wake Forest | ACCN | 8:30 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BC has been a bit of a disappointment for the ACC.

Feb 16, 2021, 11:29 AM

ACC added a school, it seems, that is only been consistently good at ice hockey. Which no one else in the conference even plays outside of club level (maybe, Pitt or Syracuse, but I'm too lazy to look that up right now).

Football, basketball (men' and women's), and baseball have been terrible to about average for years now.

Was getting into the Boston area TV market really that important for the conference?

I know a COVID issues are affecting everyone in the conference, but since this was BC related it led to me having a go at them.

Though, I still would like to make the trip for the Clemson @ BC football game one year.

I'm not convinced many people in the Boston TV market even

Feb 16, 2021, 11:35 AM

care about college sports.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

When we visit for the BC away game, the locals downtown are

Feb 16, 2021, 12:31 PM

bewildered why they see so many folks wearing Clemson gear. When we say we have a game against BC they usually laugh and say they had no idea BC played football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: When we visit for the BC away game, the locals downtown are

Feb 16, 2021, 1:58 PM

I bet they cared about Football when Doug Flutie was playing,just saying

Feb 16, 2021, 2:05 PM

Maybe. All they seemed to care about the times we’ve been there are the Patriots.

Great road trip by the way for those that haven’t gone. I highly recommend it. The Clemson Club puts on a great get-together downtown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 16, 2021, 2:16 PM

You're right about Patriots and you can add the Celtics,Red Sox and Bruins in there also

Re: BC has been a bit of a disappointment for the ACC.

Feb 16, 2021, 11:38 AM [ in reply to BC has been a bit of a disappointment for the ACC. ]

A bit is like saying Titanic ran into a small problem in their first voyage

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BC has had a tougher time than most with COVID this

Feb 16, 2021, 12:34 PM [ in reply to BC has been a bit of a disappointment for the ACC. ]

year - they've been playing very short-handed many games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the whole team doesn't sit out like we have to?

Feb 16, 2021, 1:01 PM

it makes more sense to sit just the infected players but..i'm guessing thats a Clemson policy.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,291
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic