Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Next 5 Football ROH Members
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

The Next 5 Football ROH Members

Apr 21, 2020, 4:28 PM

This era is going to produce many members to the Clemson ROH. Counting any former football player this era or before, who do you think the next 5 players should be to go into the Clemson ROH? This is not in deserving order. I'm just listing 5 that should definitely go in. I'm not listing current roster members. #1 & #2 are already eligible. I listed 3-5 in order by graduation.

1. CJ Spiller
2. Brian Dawkins
3. Tajh Boyd
4. Deshaun Watson
5. Christian Wilkins

I also think Sammy Watkins, DeAndre Hopkins, and Ben Boulware will be inducted. The ROH will have to go all around the stadium by 2035 if you start talking about current players!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When does Jeff Bryant go into the ring? Ahead of a lot of

Apr 21, 2020, 4:30 PM

the dudes on your list.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When does Jeff Bryant go into the ring? Ahead of a lot of

Apr 21, 2020, 4:32 PM

Also the Fridge and Big Chester.

Ahead of them in what way?

Apr 21, 2020, 4:46 PM [ in reply to When does Jeff Bryant go into the ring? Ahead of a lot of ]

What about Bryant's career makes you feel that he is more deserving of the Ring of Honor?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I think that if the 5 on the original list all belong in the

Apr 21, 2020, 10:39 PM

ROH, then the ROH needs to expand exponentially. Lots of dudes from the 70's and 80's, including Jeff Bryant, Terry Kinard, William Perry, etc. were studs at Clemson and the had good pro careers. That list is long. The ROH, not so long obviously. I think we have the hall of fame for most purposes, and then the ROH for the very, very select "super" legends among the many, many legends. So back to the original 5, not all will be on ROH. Watson I would imagine for sure. The others, who knows, but probably not.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we need to find a better way to display names

Apr 21, 2020, 4:44 PM

if we are going to be adding all of these people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Right. It’s called the Hall of Fame.

Apr 21, 2020, 7:28 PM

Ring of Honor is a whole different deal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm surprised Brian Dawkins isn't already in the ROH...

Apr 21, 2020, 4:57 PM

He was inducted into the NFL HOF before the Clemson ROH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He was a better player in the NFL than he was at Clemson.

Apr 21, 2020, 5:01 PM

He was good at Clemson, but I don't think anybody envisioned the kind of NFL career he had. When Dawkins left Clemson for the NFL, nobody thought of him as a ROH type player.

Message was edited by: Smiling Tiger®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Hmmmm !!!

Apr 21, 2020, 5:06 PM

A three-year starter at free safety

247 career tackles and 11 interceptions

First-team All-ACC Honors in 1995

Associated Press and Sporting News second-team All-American as a senior when his team-high six interceptions tied him for the conference lead.

Named the first-team strong safety on Clemson's all-centennial team in 1996

Selected to the Clemson Athletic Hall of Fame in 2009

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Right. Just saying that there are quite a few other players

Apr 21, 2020, 5:11 PM

not in the ROH that had as good or better careers while at Clemson, with similar or more accolades.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Keep in mind that all ROH members must have

Apr 21, 2020, 4:59 PM

earned at least an undergraduate degree. That could eliminate some great players.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: The Next 5 Football ROH Members

Apr 21, 2020, 6:48 PM

If there are qualifications that include being a consensus All-American, 1st team All American or ACC Player of the Year, the list will be smaller and much different. Where is the list of qualifications and in light of all the superstar players of the last few, current and previous years, do the qualifications need to be updated?

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic