Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What are some of your favorite pieces of Clemson memorabilia?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

What are some of your favorite pieces of Clemson memorabilia?

Jun 27, 2020, 5:36 PM

My favorite piece is my autographed copy of the Sports Illustrated college football preseason edition with Christian, Dex, Austin, and Cle on the cover!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What are some of your favorite pieces of Clemson memorabilia?

Jun 27, 2020, 5:40 PM

The old faded 1986 ACC Champs flag that flew over the WestZone.
Ath Dept. sold them on eBay when they got new ones.

A 1981 National Championship ring a player sold at auction.

Framed ticket stubs from our championship seasons with the background made of the paw flag flown at our house every day during that season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 27, 2020, 9:16 PM

I'd love to see a photo of your framed ticket stubs! I have been wanting to do something like this for awhile.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 2:18 PM
2015season.jpg(260.4 K)

Most of our stuff is in storage right now as we are in a rental home for the next several months, and the only picture I can find is one from the 2015 season. This is the layout before framing. Not a championship that year, but pretty darn close. Away game to Louisville. 12-0. Pizza Party. The others are like this one, same size.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 27, 2020, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: What are some of your favorite pieces of Clemson memorabilia? ]

That’s doing it up right!

Jun 27, 2020, 5:59 PM

Old ticket stubs. I have over 400 FB ticket stubs.

Hang on to those tickets stubs...probably no more real ones

Jun 27, 2020, 6:11 PM

I also have hundreds of Clemson football ticket stubs. I have one from every game in 2016 framed with the SI National Championship cover.

I hate that with the new mobile ticketing, there may not ever be any more game used tickets stubs...probably only commemorative stubs to be printed as souvenirs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 6:17 PM

Chunk of 2 X 12" from the clock tower of "Old Main" taken out when the carillon was installed.

Jun 27, 2020, 6:20 PM

Husband has a Sugar Blues jersey from the 1959 Sugar Bowl against LSU. Very faded as he wore it to do yard work for years :( and he has an orange straw bowler given to seniors in '67 or'68 . We have his dad's 1929 graduation program and it's soft kid leather and his tie clip from being editor of the Tiger News (I think that's what it was).

My original 1940 Cotton Bowl...

Jun 27, 2020, 6:26 PM

and 2018 Cotton Bowl programs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 6:43 PM

A signed Dwight Clark SI, no label
An original 1981 poster in excellent shape signed by Tuttle
Multiple signed 1981 SI’s

Need to get Hunter and Trevor signed SI’s

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Jun 27, 2020, 7:17 PM

A piece of this rock that showed up on Facebook market a few years back. Some kid said he chiseled right from the stadium ???????

1981 Orange Crush soda can unopened!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 7:38 PM

All unopened bottles, 74 Undefeated, '81 Championship, 6 pack from '16 & '18. Ticket stub & program from the 1st game I ever attended '59 Bluebonnet Bowl.....I was 12 and Harvey White was my hero.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jun 27, 2020, 8:04 PM

I have the limited edition "16 Championship football signed by Dabo and the entire D-line that returned for the '17 season which was about everyone including CW, Dex, and Bryant. Had to stand in line for 4 hours at Fan Appreciation Day for the autographs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2020, 8:07 PM

1. Football with the signatures of the 1981 football team.
2. My degrees.

Jun 27, 2020, 10:46 PM

I have the SI from the 1981 championship autographed by Perry Tuttle and Danny Ford

Natty ring 2016***

Jun 27, 2020, 8:54 PM

Jun 27, 2020, 9:06 PM

Part of the net when Clemson took down Duke. I ended up being at the basket, cutting the net down. I dont even remember where I got the scissors or how I got up in the air?? :)

Jun 27, 2020, 9:15 PM

My seats from when they remodeled Littlejohn.

Jun 27, 2020, 9:21 PM

1978 gator bowl program signed by Dwight Clark, 1986 gator bowl program signed by Kenny flowers, 1988 citrus bowl program signed by donnell woolford, 1989 citrus bowl program signed by terry allen. My prized possessions are the 2 Japan bowl programs. 1982 vs wake and 1991 vs Duke. They were tough to get.

I can't touch the stuff listed above, but here goes.

Jun 27, 2020, 9:33 PM

1) Dawg Busters t-shirt (modeled after Ghost Busters emblem) that I wore to 1983 UGa @ Clemson game. The head cheerleader got me to stand up in front of the student section and model it. Pretty big applauds...maybe my zipper was down. :)
2) Oversized ticket stub from 100th anniversary USuC @ Clemson game.
3) My diploma.
4) Photo of me receiving my diploma. I didn't know that I was going to graduate (Turbomachinery class), so I bought my cap and gown the morning of graduation. I didn't know that it was shrink wrapped around the square cap, so there was a prominent repeating square pattern over the whole gown. The university president was fighting back laughter when he gave me my diploma and posed for the photo. :)
5) A sweat shirt and t-shirt with the school seal that I bought in the early 90's before the school disallowed the school seal on anything not official.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Jun 27, 2020, 10:47 PM

1982 Orange Bowl t-shirt, 1981 National Championship clock with each of the games and scores below each of the 12 numbers, and a William Perry autographed football.

Jun 27, 2020, 11:00 PM

At the Recruiting Wrap Up auction in 2016, I won one of only 3 game-ready Clemson chrome helmets autographed by the 9 coaches. Looks great in a display case since it coincided with our winning the Natty.

Jun 28, 2020, 8:34 AM

Game ball from the 63-17 win in Columbia from 2003, with a message and autographed by Coach Bowden. Prominently displayed at my house.

Jun 28, 2020, 9:03 AM

My favorite is a 1903 Clemson vs N C A&M football program. Inside is a bio and photo of Clemson coach John Heisman.

Jun 28, 2020, 10:01 AM

Have yearbook from 04. Think Housman is pictured in it but no names! Can you see if you think that is him based on your photo from program?

Jun 28, 2020, 10:47 AM

Believe that is Heisman on the far left back row. Your photo looks like the 1903 team photo in the program. Not sure. Heisman left Clemson after the 1903 season to go to Ga Tech for $2600 per year.

Yea pretty sure that is him

Jun 28, 2020, 11:12 AM

Strange they didn’t give names but guess they weren’t thinking100+ years into future!!

I knew he left in 04 for Tech (I actually went to grad school at GT after CU but Tiger through and through) And I figured if date of yearbook (it was called The Oconneian then before Taps) was 04 then the team was 03. Of course, who knows how things were published and when things came out back then.

I wrote the Heisman foundation a good while back and sent pic to a guy. He also said that was him - but I didn’t know if I was talking to an intern or someone that knew! Lol

Thanks for info. I also compared him to photos from GT and look the same so about as sure as going to be it is him.

A lot of cool pics in there. I posted some on here a long time ago.

Thanks again!

Go Tigers.

Good stuff!***

Jun 28, 2020, 11:49 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When did the "part your hair in the middle"...

Jun 28, 2020, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: What are some of your favorite pieces of Clemson memorabilia? ]

...go out of style?

Re: When did the "part your hair in the middle"...

Jun 28, 2020, 5:29 PM

Middle Part Hairstyle – Malcolm McGregor Style

Malcolm McGregor was an American actor of the silent movies era. He was famous for his clean-cut look and slicked-back hair that looked especially good opposite his female counterparts. His career started waning, though, with the introduction of the first movies with sound effects and music.

Middle Part Hairstyle - Malcolm McGregor Style
Source

Marketplace?

Jun 28, 2020, 1:43 PM

I have a lot of different memorabilia which I need to get rid of due to downsizing, etc.

What might be the best marketplace in which to sell them?

TIA.

T-Bay***

Jun 28, 2020, 2:53 PM

Clemson diploma and...

Jun 28, 2020, 5:36 PM

CJ Spiller signed Clemson mini-helmet.

~JKB

When Dad died in 2013, we found these

Jun 28, 2020, 5:45 PM

tucked away in his top desk drawer . . . Bob Bradley was our SID and every pre-season he would compile and edit the “TIPS on the TIGERS”. It was our Annual Football Guide.

A few had Dad’s hand written notes on recruits we were pursuing.

While these don’t measure up to many Artifacts others have mentioned, they are dear to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2020, 5:53 PM

A helmet signed by Nikki Haley.
(I was given the helmet by A S.C. Gamecock member of the S.C. Dept of Commerce - when I was given an award for being an Economic Ambassador. I had opened a large manufacturing facility in S.C. and worked with Gov. Haley. When she gave me the award, the Gamecock asked her to sign the helmet for me.. Haley’s press security came up to me afterward and said “thanks a lot”. I asked what that meant and she said that now every Clemson fan will start asking for her to sign helmets.
I don’t want to start a political debate - but I did and do find her to be a very engaging, caring, person. )
A funny moment happened during the opening ceremony for the plant. After I made my speech - there were a few questions asked. With the helmet there, the group all knew I was a Clemson grad and fan. One gentleman at the end asked me to comment on S.C. gamecocks winning 2 baseball national championships. I simply congratulated them and then added, one football natty is worth a lot of baseball natties. Good times. Clearly before we won two more.

Go Tigers!

Mine is a reminder of far humbler times in Clemson football.

Jun 28, 2020, 6:47 PM

It is one of the 1974 "Undefeated Home Season" Pepsi bottles. I haven't had this particular one that long, but the original one I had sat on a "T" shaped coffee table between my Mom and Dads recliners in their den. It always reminded me of them sitting there watching TV together. They were married for 60+ years, and have both gone to be with Jesus now. So has the original Pepsi bottle, lost in a house fire. The GOOD memories are why I had to get another one. :)

Jun 29, 2020, 1:38 AM

A photo of frank howard kissing big Thursday good by signed by frank howard himself.

Jun 29, 2020, 1:39 AM

A photo of frank howard kissing big Thursday good by signed by frank howard himself.

Jun 29, 2020, 5:34 AM

A copy (only in black and white) of the November 25 1984 State newspaper and the rubber chicken I had in my mouth for the picture. Yes, I had been at the Esso Club chasing moonshine with beer.

1981 National Championship beer mug. I wish they had put out similar Mugs for the other two Natys.

Goal post from last Big Thursday

Jun 29, 2020, 11:12 AM

Along with program and stubs from game. Next up are all the other stubs. LSU Sugar Bowl (1959?). Program from Sugar Bowl vs. LSU. Other various programs. Ticket stubs from the 1920's.

Best though is the diploma.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A picture

Jun 29, 2020, 11:18 AM

Of Dabo and my son touching the Rock during camp 3 years ago.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 12:38 PM

Unused Ticket stub from home game against NC State. November 25, 1961. The day I was born. I guess my mom insisted that my dad not go to the game. One of the few he ever missed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 12:43 PM

I have a couple of signed balls, one from 2016 signed by Boulware and Williams and one from 2018 signed by Dabo.

I have a tiger rag sent to my late wife by Dabo and signed to "keep the faith"

Just this weekend, I found my copy of the 1982 January Sports Illustrated, entire magazine that will go into a shadow box very shortly.

Jun 29, 2020, 1:13 PM

My #13 jersey I bought as a freshman. In 1988....... the clemson helmet my wife bought me and my iptay plaque. Last but not least my diploma

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2020, 2:26 PM
display.jpg(92.2 K)
helmet.jpg(105.6 K)
helmet2.jpg(117.6 K)

My favorite pieces are my game worn jerseys and helmets I've collected. My helmet from the 2017 national championship along with jersey are my new favs.

Jun 29, 2020, 2:42 PM

Those are awesome!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic