Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brian Kelly interview today.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 4,220

Brian Kelly interview today.

Dec 20, 2020, 10:44 PM

If someone else has commented on this, I apologize.

When he was first shown on the show today, he was very humble and respectful. (I'm not a fan of his at all. His attitude surprised me.)

And, he gave a great "coach speak" compliment. About the third sentence out of his mouth he said, "And, hey, Trevor Lawrence is pretty good."

It was said out of respect, he clearly meant it as an understatement.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I saw Kelly he was a man who understood he just had ...

Dec 20, 2020, 10:49 PM

his a$$ beat by a better team. And a man who understood his alum and fan support was on unstable ground and his shot at a natl championship may never happen. But on the bright side, the man is getting paid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When I saw Kelly he was a man who understood he just had ...

Dec 20, 2020, 10:54 PM

Yes, he did understand that. He did not try to dodge it or explain it away. None of this "one any given Saturday" type stuff. Didn't talk about "a few plays" making the difference. He just got taken to the woodshed and he knew it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 12:50 AM [ in reply to When I saw Kelly he was a man who understood he just had ... ]

Bama is gonna put a hurtin on the Dame’s. ND will shoot they’re load early and be gassed by halftime. Bama runs away with it 56-17.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 1:04 AM

Have you seen Bama's D? Ole Miss and Fla went up and down the field on them and ND will too... Very un-Sanban like this year, hard to believe as well as they recruit.

Dec 21, 2020, 5:20 AM

I agree. That’s why I’m baffled at these homer talking heads saying Alabama is the most complete team and Mac has the Heisman wrapped up as well. ?? I prefer them being #1 rated as of now. Gives a little extra juice to our boys!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know I'm in the extreme minority here...

Dec 20, 2020, 10:55 PM

But i like brian kelly and the Notre Dame team. I think they play fair and seem to have a Good group of players. Kelly has changed as well...remember several years back when he was going on cuss rants on tv and got scolded by the priests in south bend?

He changed after that and the last few years he seems much more tempered and humble

You obviously haven't seen him speak...

Dec 20, 2020, 11:35 PM

He literally said you have to be arrogant with a game like this one coming up ON GAMEDAY. Who the he!! does that? Stuff like that is why he is a regular underachiever.

Re: Brian Kelly interview today.

Dec 20, 2020, 10:55 PM

He doesn't bother me. Not sure why, but maybe it's because he's supportive of Dabo... Or at least seems to be.

Not like seeing Day. Just want to punch him out.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 12:10 AM

I think Ryan Day has changed the brand of rouge he wears. His cheeks looked rosier today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 21, 2020, 12:16 AM

Somebody probably pointed out to him that he basically didn’t give credit to Clemson last night in the post game press conference. And once he was safely in the playoff he probably realized he better be showing some respect in case he has to play us again!

Go watch his post game press conference. He was totally shellshocked. His opening statement was a rambling mess Where he said we did some good things talking about Clemson and said Notre Dame was inconsistent. It was painful to watch. I almost felt sorry for the guy!

I despise ND but like Brian Kelly

Dec 21, 2020, 12:48 AM

He is one of the most honest and open interviews you will find in the coaching profession. In the past, he was often too honest and blunt with his comments and I think he sometimes offended players. He also used to immediately blast his QBs when they came off the field after making bad plays. He almost became famous for it. Now his sideline demeanor is much calmer and his players respond better.

ND has recruiting advantages most schools would kill for but the climate issue works against them big time. They also have the 800 lb recruiting gorilla known as Ohio State that targets every great player ND pursues.

IMO, the best ND fans can hope for is a one-time class that brings their talent up to championship level and they have a magical season. Year in, year out, they can't keep up with programs like OSU, Clemson and Alabama.

Re: I despise ND but like Brian Kelly

Dec 21, 2020, 1:10 AM

They literally have EVERY catholic in the country recruiting for them and they use to pull from all 50 states and always have top five classes... it could happen again with the right coach.

Re: I despise ND but like Brian Kelly

Dec 21, 2020, 9:30 AM

I'm Catholic and I'm also a Clemson Grad who doesn't like ND. I can't be the only one.

Kelly's a good coach...

Dec 21, 2020, 1:15 AM

..but in his heart of hearts I think he knows we have the far superior talent at the skill positions and that shell shocked looks comes from knowing he can't do anything about it. Obviously he wouldn't want to just come out and say "Ian Book will never play in the NFL while Lawrence might be another Tom Brady". He knows the deal....

Replies: 14
| visibility 4,220
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic