Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's this boards opinion on a self pardon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 763

What's this boards opinion on a self pardon

Jan 11, 2021, 3:37 PM

by a sitting POTUS? Would you be OK with someone being above the law, at least as it pertains to federal cases?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am okay with somebody being above the law, as long

Jan 11, 2021, 3:39 PM

as that person is me.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Birmingham riding through Birmingham

Jan 11, 2021, 3:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Birmingham riding through Birmingham

Jan 11, 2021, 5:33 PM

Do you have an answer to the question in the OP or are you simply triggered by an uncomfortable question?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My opinion is 1000% Trump does it.***

Jan 11, 2021, 3:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a good idea at all.

Jan 11, 2021, 3:45 PM

If a president can pardon himself for any crime, you can imagine the door that opens.

I think we're learning the dangers of that with this presidency. I'm not sure where we got the idea over time that the president is above the law, but it's time to pull that back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I almost always pardon my self, most of the time

Jan 11, 2021, 3:46 PM

When I fart or burp

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I almost always pardon my self, most of the time

Jan 11, 2021, 3:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZLnd3uwars

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I almost always pardon my self, most of the time

Jan 11, 2021, 4:06 PM

The only thing you’ve ever posted worth a ###

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your turn now?***

Jan 11, 2021, 4:07 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see that happening.

Jan 11, 2021, 3:51 PM

If anything he would step down just before Joe took the oath and Mikie would pardon him. IMO, the 'selfpardon,' subject is leftist hyperbole showing a serious lack of understanding the actual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he was half the man some seem to think, he would resign

Jan 11, 2021, 3:56 PM

immediately.

He is poisoning the GOP.

I think you are dead wrong on this.

Jan 11, 2021, 4:05 PM

Everyone in GOP leadership who continues to support Trump is doing so because he remains the object of affection to the GOP base. The GOP base is behind this. The sooner you recognize that Trump is the fruit of the GOP movement and not the root you will be able to define and focus on your problem.

Or as granny said, 'Mowing the lawn is no way to get rid of the dandelions.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He won't be elected a 2nd time.

Jan 11, 2021, 4:11 PM

All he may do is draw votes away from another, possibly really a conservative candidate.

It will be hard enough for Nikki Haley and Tom Cotton to wash the Trump stink off of them if he is gone. If he stays around, you can promise yourself a Kamala Harris/worse than her ticket in 2024.

But hey..it's all about Trump, amiright?

You certainly nailed that about GOP pols.

Jan 11, 2021, 4:51 PM [ in reply to I think you are dead wrong on this. ]

They have been living in fear of Trump and the passions he can arouse in his base since he won the nomination. This fear has led to an abandonment of conservative principles, of spines, of the respect for law and order, the constitution, and reasoned debate. It has been a most sad spectacle to behold.

Trump is not the fruit of the GOP movement, he is the fruit of Idiocracy, which found itself a home in the GOP's ranks thanks to its heavy supply of reactionaries, its powerful and predictable talking head media pundits, its ownership by oligarchical powers, and the heavy emphasis on always being a victim of something with others to blame for your woes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Again, Trump will wind up in jail, and nobody will

Jan 11, 2021, 10:24 PM [ in reply to I think you are dead wrong on this. ]

care about him anymore. Her will not escape the attack on the Capitol.

Re: I don't see that happening.

Jan 11, 2021, 4:37 PM [ in reply to I don't see that happening. ]

I don't disagree but Trump seems unbound by precedent - and reality. So if he tries it, I will not be surprised.

Re: What's this boards opinion on a self pardon

Jan 11, 2021, 4:05 PM

I don't think it holds up. I know William Barr and a bunch of other lawyers in Trump's orbit told him not to do it because they think our now-highly-originalist/textualist Supreme Court would break it.

I think he'll ignore them and try anyhow...and get rocked like he always seem to in an actual courtroom. The kind of nonsense he tries works on dumb people and politicians who need the votes of those dumb people and thus repeat his transparent lies so as to get those votes; it does not work in an actual courtroom where law, order, process, and actual evidence are required.

The precedent Barr thinks will be upheld dates back to 1974 during the Nixon fiasco, when a Justice Department legal memo concluded the president could not self-pardon.

It's CNN, so definitely Anti-Trump, but this is their take:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/politics/white-house-counsel-cipollone-barr-warned-trump-not-to-self-pardon/index.html

Do you really want to turn America into...

Jan 11, 2021, 4:09 PM

a third world country by locking up an Ex POTUS? I tried to tell the GOP base that imprisoning Hillary would be a tragedy and ###### if the left isn't calling for the same idiocy.

I don't recall Hillary ever sending a mob to take out the

Jan 11, 2021, 4:12 PM

legislative branch.

Oh this is rich. From the Lock Her Up gang, no less.***

Jan 11, 2021, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Do you really want to turn America into... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's got nothing to lose, though, right?

Jan 11, 2021, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: What's this boards opinion on a self pardon ]

My money's on he tries it just like he tried to overturn the election results. Just because it's a doomed effort doesn't mean he won't try it.

Pre-pardon is pre-thought for pre-crime... Orwellian, eh...?

Jan 11, 2021, 5:32 PM

I still want to see the REAL Epstein dossier... Give it up, FBI !!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 763
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic