Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ted was just trying to be a good dad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1,301

Ted was just trying to be a good dad

Feb 18, 2021, 9:59 PM

Did he try to redirect blame to his daughter? And he packed a big suitcase for a 1-night stay. Hope he is able to direct aid/resources to help Texans.

"This has been an infuriating week for Texans," he said. "The greatest state in the greatest country in the world has been without power. We have food lines, gas lines, and people sleeping at the neighbors' houses. Our homes are freezing and our lights are out. Like millions of Texans, our family lost heat and power too.

"With school cancelled for the week, our girls asked to take a trip with friends," Cruz continued. "Wanting to be a good dad, I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon. My staff and I are in constant communication with state and local leaders to get to the bottom of what happened in Texas. We want our power back, our water on, and our homes warm. My team and I will continue using all our resources to keep Texans informed and safe."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ted was just trying to be a good dad

Feb 18, 2021, 10:08 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What could he accomplish?

Feb 18, 2021, 10:24 PM

Dude should be trying to help his neighbors and constituents, even if it's just lip service. Why pay for politicians if they're unable or unwilling to attempt to help. He signed up for this role.

Cruz could have stayed in DC and nobody would give him grief. Plenty of other politicians can explain leadership to him.

Does Cruz have any rich friends that could donate blankets, water, generators, create hot meals or drive food trucks into areas needing help? Work with local politicians, Biden's staff, neighboring states to free up some aid or resources?

Lincoln Project leadership is a trainwreck, but has nothing to do with Cruz or Texas weather.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What could he accomplish?

Feb 18, 2021, 10:26 PM

Ted, Lindsey and Donald are not splitting atoms in their free time.

Even Lindsey was in SC after the floods

Feb 18, 2021, 10:56 PM

Trying to connect people with resources.

Re: What could he accomplish?

Feb 18, 2021, 10:36 PM [ in reply to What could he accomplish? ]

That's it - poor "optics" because he's having fun in a warm

Feb 18, 2021, 11:39 PM

place while the people who elected him are struggling at home in the cold. Not his fault, and zero he can do about it. I'm sure all dems in Texas are making sure not to have any fun or enjoyment until this is over.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Always a good sign

Feb 18, 2021, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Ted was just trying to be a good dad ]

When your best defense is my constituents are better off without me. At least he wasn't taking up scarce resources like power, ugly wives, food and water.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2021, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Ted was just trying to be a good dad ]

Being a good leader is sometimes all people need. Someone who experiences the pain with them and tries to be there for them.

A poor leader runs away from problems and protects himself when those under him suffer.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

One reason was going to be as good as another.

Feb 19, 2021, 8:46 AM

Just like Presidents playing golf....someone will always find a reason they shouldn't have been.

If Ted had dropped $3k on a whole house generator the press would have ran a story with pics of his house with lights and heat humming away in the middle of a dark cul-de-sac.

My personal opinion is I probably would have sent the wife and kids on the trip and stayed back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I recall...

Feb 19, 2021, 8:55 AM

Back during the race riots in Ferguson, Obama went golfing. I think that's a good example. When the nation (or a state) looks to their leader in a time of crisis for leadership, don't be golfing or on a beach. Read the room.

You're right; he should have just sent the wife and kids. And I'm not saying he needs to be freezing in his home while others do as well. But he ran away. That's the problem.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

This sounds just like Obama

Feb 19, 2021, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Ted was just trying to be a good dad ]

Living it up in Marthas Vineyard with snooty white folk while his peeps in Chicago suffer miserably

Feb 19, 2021, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Ted was just trying to be a good dad ]

T3

I obviously agree with you, but the moral here is that there are some stories that are going gather public attention of the masses that are just not worth an intelligent person's time or consideration.

Prediction: Ted is gonna catch some grief for this for a few more days - and then it will fade from view (with no consequence) or some other meaningless distraction will arise and take people's attention away to some other shiny object.

water off a duck's back

Ted effed up; Texans will deal with it

Feb 18, 2021, 10:41 PM

Move on, it’s old news....

<24hrs is now old news

Feb 18, 2021, 11:02 PM

This place will be quiet if we only have a 24hr window

It's not old news. You're just deflecting.***

Feb 19, 2021, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Ted effed up; Texans will deal with it ]

Feb 18, 2021, 11:33 PM

https://youtu.be/642NO6-X0oA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Whataboutwhataboutwhataboutwhatabout.***

Feb 19, 2021, 8:45 AM

Feb 19, 2021, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Ted was just trying to be a good dad ]

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oy! Oy! Oy!

Maybe we could all become smart enough to discern actions of consequence from trivial bullyshitt.

Feb 19, 2021, 8:36 AM

It’s not surprising that tigers ace took more offense to this than......

- cuomo sending covid patients to nursing homes and then covering it up
- Gavin newsome shutting down restaurants and then going to one masked himself
- Nancy pelosi getting her hair done when hair dressers were shut down. And then when caught blaming the hair dresser and saying it was a set up.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whataboutwhataboutwhataboutwhatabout.***

Feb 19, 2021, 8:45 AM

Re: Whataboutwhataboutwhataboutwhatabout.***

Feb 19, 2021, 9:12 AM

Lol you hate when people “what about” because they expose your hypocrisy.

I’ve already weighed in on this and people are trying g to make this a bigger deal than it is. All it is, is bad optics. It is because Americans are too stupid to realize this isn’t his issue. Americans want him to take a picture in front of a wind turbine and said, we are doing all we can to restore power. Because it’s politics.

When someone in one party does something wrong...

Feb 19, 2021, 10:20 AM

And your response is to immediately point out similar wrongdoing with people in the other party instead of criticizing the actual person we are discussing, that's "whataboutism". Technically, the tu quoque fallacy. It means your argument is null and void and not to be taken seriously.

And it shows a lack of your own personal integrity. And makes you--everyone say it out loud--a partisan hack.

Re: When someone in one party does something wrong...

Feb 19, 2021, 10:30 AM

You obviously didn’t read my post because you an illiterate chode. I did weigh in on the issue in tiger Dave’s first post about it.

It was bad optics. That’s it. It didn’t look good.

It didn’t however negatively impact anything going on in Texas. He also wasn’t being a hypocrite. Him leaving actually would have helped a very small amount. He would have had access to the internet and he wouldn’t be pulling precious energy to his house when the limited power comes back on.

Feb 19, 2021, 10:34 AM

I read it. It was just stupid and doesn't excuse your "whatabout". You said nothing of substance and it isn't worth addressing. Instead, what's addressed you rushing in here to "whatabout". It's partisan hackery and shows a lack of integrity.

You're blindly defending him because he's a Pub. If this were a Dem in another state, you'd be all over it. That's evidenced by you rushing in here to point out irrelevant wrongdoing by Dems. Hey, you know what? We know those Dems are corrupt and did something stupid. We already discussed it back when it happened. Pelosi's hairdresser fiasco was discussed far more here than this one. Why are you bringing it up? Just for "whatabout".

You know you don't have to defend slimeballs like Cruz just because they have an R by his name, right? Right?

Feb 19, 2021, 11:01 AM

I’m not blindly defending him. I’m just stating facts.

He was stupid for doing it. It also had no effect on the situation and the outrage is overblown. Two things can be true at once. You are too stupid to realize that.

In my ranking of stupid #### over the last year it would be

1. Cuomo sending covid patients to nursing homes and then lying and covering it up
2. The endless examples of democrats breaking their own lock down rules.
7. Pelosi bragging about her 12 dollar ice cream in front of her 20,000 dollar fridges while millions are unemployed and they are holding up stimulus checks
8. Cruz going to Cancun with family while his state is frozen and without power even though he could do little to nothing about it.

Someone got ahold of his wife's texts...

Feb 19, 2021, 8:44 AM

They contradict his daughter narrative.

Not to his dog left in a cold house.

Feb 19, 2021, 8:52 AM

Allegedly under the care of his security guard.

Hopefully the guard had more compassion for dogs than Ted for the citizens of Texas.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is one of those, well I wasn't actually going

Feb 19, 2021, 9:16 AM

I mean I was on the plane with a suit case to stay for awhile, but I was coming right back.

He even said in an interview that on his way to Cancun he started having second thoughts.

I wonder why?

Could it be the picture of him heading to cancun leaked and he realized he ###### up?

I like your funny words magic man

I would think his story would be easy for him to prove. I

Feb 19, 2021, 10:04 AM

was disappointed in the National News last night. They kept saying - "He reportedly had originally planned to stay longer" - but they failed to say where they got that "report" from.

He barely won his last election - something like this might finish him. (It depends on how long a frozen Texan's memory is...)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fake news, fake story

Feb 19, 2021, 10:09 AM

So, the first person you think of when the electricity goes out is your Senator?

Is that how you helpless liberals think? Most people firing off more than a duo of brain neurons would think first about their electric utility, then a local city or county official, then the governor's office.

Who T F thinks of a senator? No one. 90% of residents can't name their two senators anyway.

From a practical standpoint there is nothing Cruz can do in Texas that he can't do from New York, DC, or Cabo. In fact, maybe his communication network to DC is better outside of TX. Who knows, but who cares is the bigger point.

There's nothing fake about it, ya dumb butt

Feb 19, 2021, 10:23 AM

People who shout "fake news" at a story they don't like yet happens to be true are, well, stupid.

It's only fake if it's made up.

It's a major story. People in every state look to their elected leaders to lead them and stand by them in crisis. Ted Cruz ran away because he had the means and privilege to do it.

Again, remember. If you call "fake news" because it's a story you don't like but it actually happened, you're stupid. Period. Ted Cruz sure as #### doesn't think it's fake this morning.

Re: Ted was just trying to be a good dad***

Feb 21, 2021, 6:24 PM

lol

https://babylonbee.com/news/media-immediately-stops-covering-ted-cruz-scandal-after-he-puts-on-andrew-cuomo-mask

Message was edited by: joistman®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1,301
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic