Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What will be our new school name?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

What will be our new school name?

Jun 9, 2020, 10:07 PM

What people don’t realize is that if they change Calhoun and Tillman name is next.

How about the Malcolm X University Protestors?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What will be our new school name?

Jun 9, 2020, 10:09 PM

If this is done though Dabo will get Blane for not wanting to do it sooner

Jun 9, 2020, 10:26 PM

all schools shall be School of Lebron...

leave individual thought at the door and bow down to your sjw/globalist overseers

who may or may not be getting a check from China

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brownell university***

Jun 9, 2020, 10:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2020, 10:38 PM

you are an idiot.

France or Switzerland

Jun 9, 2020, 10:51 PM

Because they have No Backbone!

Rump

Jun 9, 2020, 10:54 PM

This fits well with SC culture

Clarence Thomas University. That should make them happy. ***

Jun 10, 2020, 12:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Candace Owens Honors College***

Jun 10, 2020, 1:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DEATH VALLEY UNIVERSITY ---

Jun 10, 2020, 1:28 AM

Kind of raises the fear factor for opponents whether we're at home or away.

RUU

Jun 10, 2020, 1:36 AM

Rainbows & Unicorns University

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2020, 1:36 AM

How about F$&@ Y$& greenvillealum07?

Exit Door -------------------->***

Jun 10, 2020, 12:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

South Carolina Tech

Jun 10, 2020, 2:43 AM

They won't change the name of the school.

Our?..LOL!!!

Jun 10, 2020, 7:04 AM

Get the steppin!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOSMELC

Jun 10, 2020, 7:11 AM

just turn the name around.. they wont know the difference. :p

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Re: NOSMELC

Jun 10, 2020, 7:31 AM

University of South Carolina, Pickens County.

Jun 10, 2020, 7:36 AM

I remember, because I was in school at the time, that the University was in Oconee County, and 93 was the county line. Yes there were times individuals ran from the constabulary down town to get out of the Pickens County jurisdiction.

Jun 10, 2020, 8:33 AM [ in reply to NOSMELC ]

Put eht

Jun 10, 2020, 7:37 AM

George Floyd University. Or Obama U.

Jun 10, 2020, 8:50 AM

It's not going to happen. For fun, let's say THE SC University.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 10, 2020, 12:35 PM

You guys are idiots. All of those saying the state or university's name will change are engaging in what is known in debate/rhetorical science as the "slippery slope" fallacy.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

The reason why Tillman and Calhoun are under fire is that both were truly despicable human beings. Calhoun nearly started the Civil War 40 years before it actually broke out by pushing states like SC towards the "Nullification Crisis".

Here's a quote from Calhoun:

"Abolition and the Union cannot coexist. As the friend of the Union I openly proclaim it–and the sooner it is known the better. The former may now be controlled, but in a short time it will be beyond the power of man to arrest the course of events. We of the South will not, cannot, surrender our institutions. To maintain the existing relations between the two races, inhabiting that section of the Union, is indispensable to the peace and happiness of both. It cannot be subverted without drenching the country in blood, and extirpating one or the other of the races. Be it good or bad, [slavery] has grown up with our society and institutions, and is so interwoven with them that to destroy it would be to destroy us as a people. But let me not be understood as admitting, even by implication, that the existing relations between the two races in the slaveholding States is an evil:–far otherwise; I hold it to be a good, as it has thus far proved itself to be to both, and will continue to prove so if not disturbed by the fell spirit of abolition. I appeal to facts. Never before has the black race of Central Africa, from the dawn of history to the present day, attained a condition so civilized and so improved, not only physically, but morally and intellectually.

In the meantime, the white or European race, has not degenerated. It has kept pace with its brethren in other sections of the Union where slavery does not exist. It is odious to make comparison; but I appeal to all sides whether the South is not equal in virtue, intelligence, patriotism, courage, disinterestedness, and all the high qualities which adorn our nature."

A quote from Tillman:

"We of the South have never recognized the right of the Negro to govern white men, and we never will. We have never believed him to be the equal of the white man, and we will not submit to his gratifying his lust on our wives and daughters without lynching him."

TGC never said anything remotely this awful. And don't tell me that Tillman didn't know any better, the country had just fought a nasty war over the topic. Same with King Charles II for whom the state is named for, he never said anything close to this.

It's abundantly clear why we should distance ourselves from Calhoun, Tillman, and Thurmond (which is what most black students and their allies want), not renaming the university as a whole.

Straw man fallacy and slippery slope fallacy abound on this board.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2020, 12:53 PM

I will agree that there is a HUGE difference between Tillman/Calhoun and TG Clemson. Mainly being that the formers were public figures nationally and can be quoted widely with their views. TGC meanwhile married into the Calhoun family and when an opportunity came, he made a move that has benefited the state and its residents beyond measure. So I don’t think the name will be Or needs to bechanged, But. I want to cast a vote for Pendleton A&M.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 10, 2020, 3:10 PM

TGC

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Non-Descriptive University 1889***

Jun 10, 2020, 12:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Non-Descriptive University 1889***

Jun 10, 2020, 1:24 PM

KMA University or KOA University. (Not the campground KOA).

Message was edited by: Illnoistiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic