Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What was the underlying reason that DC happened
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

What was the underlying reason that DC happened

Jan 7, 2021, 4:28 PM

yesterday?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smooth brains like yourself reading conspiracy websites

Jan 7, 2021, 4:31 PM

and deciding that democracy is a quaint notion. I mean...basically.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Smooth brains like yourself reading conspiracy websites

Jan 7, 2021, 4:36 PM

OK, stupid answer #1 is in. LMAO

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So that means Russia, right?

Jan 8, 2021, 6:45 AM [ in reply to Smooth brains like yourself reading conspiracy websites ]

Semi seriously, if the Russians are the ones that have spread all of this disinformation and fueled fires on social media, etc then we can blame them

Maybe they were playing the long game and the election was just the first quarter

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Over a third of American voters believe the election...

Jan 7, 2021, 4:32 PM

was stolen from them. They believe machines, dead and illegal voters negated their votes. Some of them got out of hand. Be thankful it wasn't the rest of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Over a third of Americans are paranoid stupids*

Jan 7, 2021, 4:34 PM

FTFY

Your insults are not becoming.

Jan 7, 2021, 4:41 PM

That's about all you contribute to any discussion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your brand of inane rhetoric is what fueled the nonsense

Jan 7, 2021, 5:01 PM

yesterday. If the shoe fits, wear it.

What would you do if...

Jan 7, 2021, 5:19 PM

everyone here who disagrees with your politics left the forum? Let me tell you, you'd leave too because you'd have no one to direct your cheap shots at.

It’s not disagreeing with political views that makes

Jan 7, 2021, 5:59 PM

you a moron. It’s being completely detached from reality.

Re: Over a third of American voters believe the election...

Jan 7, 2021, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Over a third of American voters believe the election... ]

Best answer yet. The Dems will turn this into a clown show, their specialite! Facts, logic and reality elude them.

Nothing changes.***

Jan 7, 2021, 4:41 PM

This is because Trump has been selling "rigged elections"

Jan 7, 2021, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Over a third of American voters believe the election... ]

since 2016, took it to overdrive this election season, then went nuclear following his landslide loss in November, along with a strong, deep, and spineless back-up choir shouting it every day alongside.

If you hear the lie over and over, and over, it will stick. It will never make it true, but people's minds have deficiencies that are susceptible to this tactic. This was becoming understood in the early 20th century by PR pioneers and marketers, embraced en whole by Goebbels and the Nazi party, and further promulgated by fascist and authoritarian regimes from a political standpoint ever since.

If you have the courage, patience, and wherewithal to shelve the noise or what you think you know, inspect realities from a standpoint of reason, explore varying takes, then you can break free from this malady. Time also helps - giving yourself a moment to breathe, calm your mind, and be real with yourself.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is true. The same is currently happening as we have

Jan 8, 2021, 7:00 AM

been told over-and-over that the protests over the summer were peaceful. Folks are starting to believe that too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2021, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Over a third of American voters believe the election... ]

After 2 months of looking for evidence of this fraud, none has been found.

Don't you guys have to recognize that you might have been wrong ??

Dan, we all know it wasn’t “stolen”...no matter what people believe.

Jan 7, 2021, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Over a third of American voters believe the election... ]

This is like saying Clemson beat tOSU in the Sugar Bowl because the game was stolen from the Tigers. Even though the score was 49-28, Clemson won because...blah blah blah.
We all watched the bucknuts win fair and square. Biden and Harris won fair and square.

Is “Be glad it wasn’t the rest of us” a threat?
Kinda sounds like a threat.
It wasn’t stolen. Relax, old man. It’ll only be 8 years of your long life.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2021, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Over a third of American voters believe the election... ]

Should the government respond to a third of Americans who have consistently refused to give any credence to empirical evidence and rational thinking ??

In other words, should the government waste its time and energy responding to some people's delusions - or should they base their efforts on provable reality ??

Mill workers, hourly laborers, farmers

Jan 7, 2021, 4:38 PM

rural men tired of being thrown to the side, demoralized, looked over, told they are no good, called rednecks and basically disenfranchised for close to 15 years.

I keep saying that Middle America keeps getting pushed around and the very fringes of Middle America put action behind their words. Like it or not, that is what happened.

They like the community that supports them and agrees with maybe even 25% of how they feel. They join the group and here they go to Washington.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mill workers, hourly laborers, farmers

Jan 7, 2021, 4:45 PM

they should have thought about that before dropping out of HS and snorting oxy. And everyone knows that inherited wealth is the true measure of a man. If you ain't got none, you will be a wage slave the rest of your life. Get over it, or make something out of yourself and stop the whining.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't we all wish your last sentence would be said to all

Jan 7, 2021, 4:53 PM

demographics without fear of charges of some ism.

That doesn't mean there are not issues that need to be addressed. But the two can be equally true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't we all wish your last sentence would be said to all

Jan 7, 2021, 5:08 PM

I was halfway trolling. But I was not given a dang thing in life. I paid my way through everything, started shoveling driveways at 10, mowing lawns at and delivery papers at 12, worked the windy's drive through until 10:00 at night in HS, then came home and did homework. I paid my own way through architecture school, took me until I was 33 to pay that off. I had two jobs while I was at clemson.

So yeah, whiners can suck it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

more JD Vance bullchit

Jan 7, 2021, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Mill workers, hourly laborers, farmers ]

Let's have a little more respect for the intelligence of these people.

No one who is poor is going to spend their hard-earned money chasing after Trump's delusions. They mostly just want to pay the rent and have some food security. And then party on their day off.

The people who went to DC yesterday had more resources and much better educations.

Don't conflate rural America with the very specific types of people who fell prey to a distinctive cult of personality movement.

Jan 7, 2021, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Mill workers, hourly laborers, farmers ]

I doubt there were that many of these folks at the riot yesterday. Most are middle class necks that drive around in expensive trucks that cost more than the house they grew up in. Nothing wrong with that, but they haven’t yet had time to properly adjust to their first generation prosperity. They live in the burbs but their minds are still still stuck on the mill hill or trailer park.

Jan 7, 2021, 7:35 PM

Absolutely nothing

Jan 7, 2021, 10:01 PM

elitist about what I said...it’s not an issue of income...it’s an issue of ignorance. You are right about one thing though, there were plenty of ignorant people from all walks of life there yesterday.

No you're still doing it

Jan 8, 2021, 12:06 AM

I’m not assuming anything

Jan 8, 2021, 12:37 AM

I’m straight out telling you that anyone who was in DC and took part in that fiasco in support of Trump is at the very least,...regardless of social or economic background.

Jan 7, 2021, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Mill workers, hourly laborers, farmers ]

manac.

I empathize with those people and I agree that greater efforts could be made to reach out to them, but there has to be some connection to reality and rational thinking.

Jan 8, 2021, 12:43 AM [ in reply to Mill workers, hourly laborers, farmers ]

ok, so if your life sucks, go storm the capitol.

this is where I become very conservative and say if your life sucks fix it, dont attack the government.

IKR

Jan 8, 2021, 12:49 AM

Re: IKR

Jan 8, 2021, 2:26 PM

so your point is that BLM rioted in the summer and therefore the POTUS and his cronnies should be able to riot, invade teh US capitol and overturn an election?

the BLM protests have no parallels with this past wednesday.

Trump lied. Again. And Again. And Again. The End.***

Jan 7, 2021, 4:54 PM

People got riled up over things that didn’t even happen,

Jan 7, 2021, 5:05 PM

because the guy they worship lied to them. Since they are sheep and can’t think for themselves and worship the guy, they believed every word he said even though it was total BS. Add to that not enough armed security, and you get the result we saw.

Re: What was the underlying reason that DC happened

Jan 7, 2021, 6:04 PM

It was a combination of Trump, extreme right wing internet fiction, combined with a bunch of morons.

The stupidity factor is huge. Trump can lie all he wants,

Jan 7, 2021, 6:19 PM

and thousands of nonsense conspiracy theories can be posted on the internet, but nothing happens unless people are dumb enough to believe it. There’s a reason these people were mad enough to drive from hundreds of miles away to overturn an election, and that’s because they were dumb enough to believe the lies and conspiracy theories they were fed by the guy they worship.

ask Ben Sasse

Jan 7, 2021, 9:21 PM

“Today, the United States Capitol — the world’s greatest symbol of self-government — was ransacked while the leader of the free world cowered behind his keyboard — tweeting against his vice president for fulfilling the duties of his oath to the Constitution,” he said in a statement.

“Lies have consequences,” he continued. “This violence was the inevitable and ugly outcome of the president’s addiction to constantly stoking division.”

or Mitt

Jan 7, 2021, 9:24 PM

“We gather today due to a selfish man’s injured pride and the outrage of his supporters whom he has deliberately misinformed for the past two months and stirred to action this very morning,”

“What happened here today was an insurrection, incited by the president of the United States.”

Jan 7, 2021, 9:57 PM

They were watching riots all year and thought that was an ok way to act.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2021, 12:39 AM

thats easy, trump and fox have brainwashed approx 38% of americans, they believe trumps lies and acted on it.

Jan 8, 2021, 7:06 AM

Sums it up.

Jan 8, 2021, 7:04 AM

It's not underlying. It's right in everyone's faces.

Jan 8, 2021, 9:44 AM

Miura, I'll re phrase yoru question, why did a bunch of pro trump anarchists try to transfer the right to vote from millions of american citizens to a small group of individuals in the federal government.

Miura, I thought ya'll wanted to decrease the power of central gov?

you have been conned. not sad, but very funny as long as you stay in your cave.

Jan 8, 2021, 10:55 AM

Miura, where r u today? Buying horns and a fur coat? Organizing bus loads to head to DC? Gathering pipes and nails? Shame on you and anyone that promotes the lies of the orange colored reality tv star. Time will tell that Karma is a female dog.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic