Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What so many anit-Elliot people do not understand,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

What so many anit-Elliot people do not understand,

Nov 8, 2020, 6:01 PM

besides the basics of football, is that Dabo has a system and it works.

Systems depend on consistency and having a DC for many years and an OC for many years and so on, builds that system. Will it be perfect? No! Best is standard DOES NOT MEAN perfect! We lost a tight game having 6 starters out, after many mistakes and an officiating crew obviously paid by someone wearing green and gold. It happens! Fire TE and now you have to get someone who can work well with Dabo, Streeter, BV and so on! It's not a freakin' xbox game!

####, nevermind. Using logic doesn't work these days, people just can't work with facts and logic these days!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: What so many anit-Elliot people do not understand,

Nov 8, 2020, 6:22 PM

I hear more doom and gloom and complaining nowadays than I ever did when Hatfield, West, and Bowden were in charge, except for the last couple of Bowden years. Some fanbases simply can't be happy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surprised you brought up Hatfield and West

Nov 8, 2020, 10:25 PM

Those were my years at Clemson. Bad memories.

Will take Elliott anyday. In fact I am worried he is a prime candidate for USC job.
Winning has spoilt the Tiger fans.
Dabo is Clemson's Powerball. We dont seem to get that.

Re: Surprised you brought up Hatfield and West

Nov 8, 2020, 10:43 PM

Dead giveaway you are a coot. Every real Clemson fan knows Tony would chew broken glass before taking an interview with your shat program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I meant well

Nov 8, 2020, 11:20 PM

@BloodbeOrange - When I wrote USC, I meant Southern California.
Can ypu pls be pplite. I am like you ... another Clemson Alum. Your comments are hurting.
FYI, my wife is from Pendelton High School and Clemson ARCH grad.

Sounds like your real familiar with the Coots program***

Nov 8, 2020, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: What so many anit-Elliot people do not understand, ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 6:24 PM

I don't think Coach TE should be fired. He's one of the best. But I still think the play selection on the drive that started at the ND 47 with about 2:30 to go could have been better. Three run plays when we had run for about 30 yards to that point is ridiculous. Our OLine simply doesn't run block well, at least not for stuff between the hashes. We live on the edges. Why not a little play action there or some sort of sweep? All we needed was about 15 yards to get into BT's range. A field goal would have iced it. And Travis taking one out of bounds was his fault. What was he thinking? As far as penalties go, we had 4 for 46 yards. The Irish had 7 for 51 yards. In general, our coaches are outstanding. But not so much against LSPU and the Feuding Leprechauns last night, IMHO.

Nov 8, 2020, 6:26 PM

I hear you about play selection on the final drive in regulation but the truth is that Dabo probably called those plays rather than TE.

Nov 8, 2020, 6:38 PM

I will bet money Dabo did not call a sweep out of bounds.

I love ETN....

Nov 8, 2020, 7:27 PM

But game awareness.....stay in bounds no matter what.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anything to support that claim? ****

Nov 8, 2020, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: What so many anit-Elliot people do not understand, ]

Re: Anything to support that claim? ****

Nov 8, 2020, 9:23 PM

Head coaches call plays in critical last minute drives. How is it possible to be a football fan and not know that?

Nov 8, 2020, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: What so many anit-Elliot people do not understand, ]

Elliot is a great recruiter, and without a doubt a "Dabo" type coach/person.
However, as a play caller, he gets predictable to the point of coaching "scared" when the game's on the line.

We don't lose often, so we pick things apart- with that in mind, compare the Pitt, BC, and ND games:

Pitt we're at mid-field and can't get a first down-primarily running off tackle(loss), BC, same conservative run calls-no 1st Down, but the def held(win), ND-Ultra conservative play calling( as stated above-we had barely run the ball all game-why did he expect to be able to run, off-tackle, in That Situation?!? Especially asking a thin, worn out defense to hold them again?

My thought is don't stop playing, be aggressive- stay with what got you there and put you in the lead.

The worst that could have happened was a turnover, and a quicker score by ND-Hell, we may have had time to win in regulation.

1, maybe 2 1st downs and we're all happy today.

Nov 8, 2020, 6:32 PM

Im not anti Elliot , I really appreciate what he has done over the last fews years which is nothing short of incredible. But my problem with last night is just mind boggling play calling at the end of reg when we knew 2 things:

1. a first down should seal the win
2. we simply could not gain yards running between the tackles yet we had good success with short to mid passing

Why not pass? Our QB had passed for more yards on ND than ANY other QB in history and shows no signs of being prone to interceptions . Even a longer pass intercepted would have the same result as the punt. Why not go after that first down as if the game depended on it.

Putting our tired and hurt defense back on the field should have been avoided at all costs

Nov 8, 2020, 6:40 PM

I agree totally in hindsight. However, if we had thrown three incompletions and stopped the clock we would be hearing what an idiot Elliot was not to call running plays to make them use timeouts. Do you remember the Peach Bowl against LSU, when they had a stud running back (Hill, I think) and Miles threw on I think 2nd and 3rd down after Hill picked up like 7 yards on 1st down. That played right into our hands and allowed us to win the game. Of course Travis should not have run out of bounds but that did not cost us the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and we would've had to punt... No difference.***

Nov 8, 2020, 10:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 6:36 PM

I do understand football. I am not anti Elliot. He is no offensive master mind by any means. We out talent 95% of the teams we play. Our talent makes him look better than he is.
BUT, you have to be able to run between tackles. If you can't run between tackles, you can't beat an equal talent team. (on most days)

Nov 8, 2020, 5:51 PM

There are plenty of teams that have won championships without much running between the tackles. The New England Patriots have won Super Bowl after Super Bowl without much of a running attack.

Nov 8, 2020, 10:23 PM

I did not say you had to do much running between tackles. I said you had to be able to do it. Successful offense depends on defense respecting the dive. You only have to run the dive enough to keep the defense honest to the box.

They cheated the box most of the night. Throw it, they don't***

Nov 8, 2020, 10:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to NASCAR he's the most popular driver. ;) ******

Nov 8, 2020, 6:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Nov 8, 2020, 6:41 PM

Elite if not generational talent all over the field. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to put up yards and points even with vanilla, low-imagination play calling, which is exactly what we do. Its hurt us in games and cost us games. Im not calling to fire him but i do hope he moves on to another gig after this season.

Re: LOL

Nov 8, 2020, 11:07 PM

The offense put up 40 points against the #4 team in the nation on the road. The defense--riddled with injuries--allowed 47. The offense isn't the problem. The starting defense also isn't the problem. In truth, there isn't a problem. Teams that have tons of injuries lose games sometimes, especially to top opponents. That's football.

Goooooooood Lord***

Nov 8, 2020, 6:56 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 7:59 PM

Tony called a beautiful game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 10:24 PM

If you are a N.D. fan.

I still don't

Nov 8, 2020, 11:51 PM

understand why more people are not willing to hold the defense accountable for the loss?

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic