Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What people seem to be missing in the Notre Dame conversation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

What people seem to be missing in the Notre Dame conversation

Jul 25, 2020, 7:17 AM

I would love to see ND left out of the mix too, but one aspect of ACC schools wanting to play them is the crowds and thus money they bring to the communities they play in. The ACC also desperately needs another quality team for SOS come committee time. AND won't it be sweet to see them not even make the ACC Championship!?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a Clemson alum I’m surrounded by ND fans up here in NJ

Jul 25, 2020, 7:42 AM

so I get plenty of Irish football hype chirping every year.
This year I happen to think they’ll have a really good team. I expect them to give us a strong test when we travel out to South Bend in November.
If they are eligible for the ACCCG and they do away with divisions and top two teams play ND could definitely be one of the two. Really don’t see any other ACC teams beating them other than us.

Re: As a Clemson alum I’m surrounded by ND fans up here in NJ

Jul 25, 2020, 12:32 PM

Should they have to pay the same price as all others in the ACC. I say h&ll yes they should, become a member of the ACC or move along, nothing in the ACC is free to us, and it certainly shouldn't be free to ND, especially a chance to play for a championship that they don't have many chances to play for bc their TV market money is more important to them!!! Put up or shut up, Pay or leave ND, and let NBC show y'all playing a FCS school where you win no championship!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What people seem to be missing in the Notre Dame conversation

Jul 25, 2020, 7:51 AM

The thing I see everyone missing is the chance to get ND in the ACC 100%. If the ACC adds them in football, we instantaneously become more credible in football.
I'm ok with this happening if it gets us to the finish line with them.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

I hear you but if you know and truly understand the ND

Jul 25, 2020, 7:53 AM

philosophy of football independence they’re not going to all of the sudden join a league for a one year “fix”

Re: I hear you but if you know and truly understand the ND

Jul 25, 2020, 8:02 AM

Remember... Now that the Coronavirus has shown that colleges are willing to be swayed with scheduling, ND needs the ACC for stability (just like they need us now).

Their independence originates

Jul 25, 2020, 10:53 AM [ in reply to I hear you but if you know and truly understand the ND ]

from being excluded from the big ten over ant-catholic bias. They got the upper hand with anti-trust changes in the 80s that let them be on national TV more than once a season and turned that into a big tv contract a few years layer. They are going to need a great year soon to get a full renewal in 2025, otherwise they might be asking to join a conference full time instead of being asked.

Re: I hear you but if you know and truly understand the ND

Jul 25, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to I hear you but if you know and truly understand the ND ]

And that's fine, and let them find themselves a schedule to play not being an ACC schedule!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm assuming "we" is the ACC?

Jul 25, 2020, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: What people seem to be missing in the Notre Dame conversation ]

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Jul 25, 2020, 8:14 AM

But don’t think they are bringing big crowds and money this year except TV.

Jul 25, 2020, 12:48 PM

Exactly

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 25, 2020, 12:25 PM

A one fix for ND does more harm than good with ND joining the conference in FB bc it shows that they don't need a conference alignment to play FB their way and keep selling their TV market as a private school and keep all the money without a concern of sharing. They are a self centered selfish school that don't care about anybody other than themselves with their hands out taking taking and taking without a thought or concern of giving back. Giving back to those that have gave to them never crosses their mind bc they have always been self serving and taking without giving back!!!! Now that they are in need, this isn't the time to give to them for free, there must be a price that they will have to pay to receive!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Jul 25, 2020, 5:59 PM

Does any one know why ND plays Navy every year? During World War II ND was going through serious financial hardship so much so that the university could have shut its doors if the US Navy didn't pay them a ton on money to be training center. I get it. I believe an ACC member should be all sports; however, to survive, the conference did what it needed to do. The U has never lived up to its rep since joining. FSU is down and have not climb back to its previous stature. GaTech is down. VaTech can't get over the hump nationally. BC isn't the Doug Flutie - Matt Ryan BC. The NC four... well, let's just say mediocrity sure loves the NC four. Louisville is intriguing but not on the level it needs to be. And, Clemson is basically the equivalent of UNC/Duke basketball but jut recently got to this status. ND is what Vegas calls a whale. The ACC would be crazy not to try any and everything to get them to join. If they have loyalty to Navy then this just might be something that translate to them becoming all in for all sports. If it doesn't, it most certainly allows for a stronger strength of schedule for Clemson.

Maybe the ACC should go after Navy to entice ND?

Jul 25, 2020, 7:46 PM

We could go ahead and get Navy which should pull in ND. That would give us 16 teams, and we could have 4 PODS, 4 teams each. ND and Navy could be in same POD. Solves their problem of playing them each year.

Go to 9 game schedule. Everyone in your POD (3 games); one yearly rival in each POD (3 games); rotate other 3 teams within POD. You could play everyone in the ACC in three years.

9 Conference games (with one being Navy) leaves ND with room to schedule USC (real one) and Stanford + one more team.

Also gives Clemson one more "real" conference game (9 conf games), and we still could schedule one marque out of conf game (10th game). That gives us just two "giveme" games... a Furman, Costal, SCState or whoever and the Dirtpeckers.

Re: Maybe the ACC should go after Navy to entice ND?

Jul 25, 2020, 9:07 PM

What no one is mentioning is that home games for the Irish are on NBC and the proceeds do not go to the league, but to ND. This smells fishy and the rat is in upper Indiana.

Jul 25, 2020, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: What people seem to be missing in the Notre Dame conversation ]

If you put this to music, Janis Joplin would sing the crap out of this!!!! Just saying...

Still waiting to hear how their NBC money will be split

Jul 26, 2020, 12:09 AM

this year if they play in the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic