Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is the over/under on Trump pardons in the next 48 hours
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

What is the over/under on Trump pardons in the next 48 hours

Jan 18, 2021, 11:34 AM

100?

Will Trump, Donnie Jr., Eric, Ivanka, Jared, Rudy and the QAnon Shaman be on the list?

I going to go with the over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take the over.

Jan 18, 2021, 11:38 AM

And he pardons himself as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since Trump put the kibosh on paying Rudy's bill, it may

Jan 18, 2021, 11:45 AM

be that Rudy gets left out in the cold. A man who whored his reputation out for Trump.

That would be something if Rudy got left off the guest list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am hearing around 200***

Jan 18, 2021, 11:39 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder how much they had to pay?

Jan 18, 2021, 11:48 AM

Was it a flat fee or a sliding scale based upon income/egregiousness of the crime?

Re: Wonder how much they had to pay?

Jan 18, 2021, 11:56 AM

we'll have to wait and see. should be fun to see who is on the list.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 12:01 PM

Around 100 ... far fewer than the 200+ that empty suit Obummer handed out, not including his 1700+ commutations.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll bet Kimmie and Kanye have a few on the list

Jan 18, 2021, 3:31 PM

probably well deserved too is my guess

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Wonder how much they had to pay? ]

We are talking about pardons though. Obama did 212 over 2 terms. I don't know of that is good or bad, but it was 212 as far as pardons.

Re: What is the over/under on Trump pardons in the next 48 hours

Jan 18, 2021, 3:38 PM

Won't pardon himself because he feels like he has not committed any crimes.

He'll give a blanket pardon to all who rioted last week. (If they're eligible to be pardoned)

Jan 18, 2021, 3:40 PM

I think if he pardoned all of the rioters he would definitely be convicted by the Senate. Maybe he doesn't care?

Jan 18, 2021, 3:43 PM

Off subject but imho, the Senate crap should wait. There are more important issues need to be tackled right now.

Getting money to people who need it, tax relief in the form of the expanded child tax credit, etc needs to happen this week.

Jan 18, 2021, 3:48 PM

No doubt, but pardoning all of the Capitol rioters wouldn't leave a choice. He better pardon himself as well if he does that. I doubt he pardons them.

Jan 18, 2021, 3:51 PM

Tobias, for sure. He's guilty of lying, misleading, being a coward during a political civil war and generally embarrassing himself. Donald, please give him a new start.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll say under.

Jan 18, 2021, 3:53 PM

100 seems like a crazy high number. Guess we'll see.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I agree. I don't think it will be that much.

Jan 18, 2021, 4:08 PM

I'm not sure how he can pardon anyone for something they haven't been charged for yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He goes on trial next week to remove him from office

Jan 18, 2021, 4:19 PM

after he is already out of office

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do understand it's more than removing him from office,

Jan 18, 2021, 4:29 PM

right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Actually it's not. Article 1 Section 3

Jan 18, 2021, 4:52 PM

"The Senate shall have sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Judgement in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States; but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgement and Punishment, according to Law."

The constitution provides for trying the president, not the former president.

They'll never convict him.

Jan 18, 2021, 5:06 PM

It was grandstanding, and will be forgotten soon enough.

And trump will get away with sending a mob to the capitol.

Re: They'll never convict him.

Jan 18, 2021, 5:21 PM

Never say never.

The real problem is this: if the GOP continues to refuse to convict him, Trump will remain the dominant figure in the GOP. He will hang over the party for all time, threatening to run again - will I, won't I - in 2024 and even if he doesn't end up running, whoever does end up being the GOP's candidate will have to kiss the ring to win over his followers. Which is a death sentence right now. The GOP needs a rebrand in the worst way.

Middle America is tired of this psycho clown and his pointless psycho culture war. If the GOP continues to run in that lane, they're going to permanently cede the center and become a minority party of maybe 30-35% of angry white people...and while the moderates like Ben Sasse, Mitt Romney, Susan Murkowski, Susan Collins, etc, may or may not split with the GOP and caucus with the Dems they well could. If it becomes a choice between Democrats & Fascists, those guys are not going to play for the Fascists. The GOP, like any party, is not a monolithic entity and party affiliations are not written in stone.

I think the vote may be a lot closer than people anticipate. If the GOP doesn't purge Trump it'll immediately begin shedding what remains of its moderates and even its its genuine conservatives - you know, the kind who don't want to live in a world of psychotic lies where angry white supremacists and conspiracy theorists convinced the election was stolen charge the Capitol - and if that happens, the party's prospects over the next 10 or so years are mighty durn bleak.

Agreed, but it won't go to trial for months.

Jan 18, 2021, 5:23 PM

And then there will be trials about how you impeach a private citizen.

Re: They'll never convict him.

Jan 18, 2021, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: They'll never convict him. ]

Personally, I think they need to purge Trump but somehow find a way to tap in the Trump popularity.

(Not the Trump of the last two months, but the one who managed to get the second most votes ever, in a Presidential race)

Easier said than done tho

Jan 18, 2021, 4:04 PM

I do hope he pardons Snowden for being a patriot and exposing the Obama intell. corruption!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We agree on something... Glad you found your meds. ;~)***

Jan 19, 2021, 12:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 7:59 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2021, 3:04 AM

Crazy how many requests were asked of Obama compared to everyone else. Probably a lot of drug convictions with crazy manadatory sentences.

Jan 19, 2021, 7:58 AM

Yeah, Obama should have let those people out so they can shoot some Trump supporters.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic