Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is the best sports analogy for Clemson-Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

What is the best sports analogy for Clemson-Alabama

Dec 11, 2020, 6:21 AM

of the last 6 or 8 years? Ali-Frazier? Lakers-Celtics? Yankees-Dodgers? Palmer-Nicklaus?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is the best sports analogy for Clemson-Alabama

Dec 11, 2020, 7:42 AM

Is this for the basketball game tomorrow, because if it is for football, Notre Dame is our next game, not Alabama.
We don't beat the Irish next week we don't play Alabama.
And that is no analogy, that is fact.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a philosophical question, you goober.

Dec 11, 2020, 8:00 AM

Made by a fan, not a player or coach. Our minds can go wherever we want it to go now. Clemson’s game vs Notre Dame will not be impacted by whatever I’m thinking of right now. But if you, as a #### fan, want to be game ready 24/7 for a game you don’t even play, more power to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was a philosophical question, you goober.

Dec 11, 2020, 9:02 AM

First off, I'm not a goober but I choose to follow Dabo's philosophy about the next game ,not about what game might follow.
But if you post something, I will answer.
And I won't @$$ume you play it either.

The original post wasn't about the future...

Dec 11, 2020, 9:05 AM

it was about the past. Dabo is on record with his philosophy on why the windshield is bigger than the rearview mirror, but he also acknowledges there is a rearview mirror.

The OP's question is acceptable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: It was a philosophical question, you goober.

Dec 11, 2020, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: It was a philosophical question, you goober. ]

I’d probably take more issue with being called a Cawlkfan than a goober, but when you’re a Cola fan, the lenses are a little foggy so, I get it Loosey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tbh, the censored word was $hit

Dec 11, 2020, 5:37 PM

I was calling him a $hit fan

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On what planet does "next game" fit into "last 6 or 8 years"

Dec 11, 2020, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: What is the best sports analogy for Clemson-Alabama ]

leftie=Walter Matthau, see if you can decode that analogy

I would have to say Ali-Frazier. All those others became

Dec 11, 2020, 7:50 AM

pretty one sided. Like Clemson / Bama the last few years, the overall difference in Ali-Frazier was razor thin. For whatever reason, Frazier just had the perfect style to confound Ali. I still remember Ali's words after their last fight, which he WON when Frazier's corner would not let him answer the bell for the last round:

"This must be what death feels like, I feel like I'm dying." or something to that effect.

I will always believe that the pummeling he took from those three fights, more than anything else, contributed to his Parkinson's tremors later in life.

I will also feel about those missing 3 1/2 years in the prime of his career just like I feel about Bo Jackson's pro football career. Just imagine what we, the sporting public, were cheated out of.

And, that's all I have to say about that.

Re: I would have to say Ali-Frazier. All those others became

Dec 11, 2020, 8:27 AM

76er® said:

pretty one sided. Like Clemson / Bama the last few years, the overall difference in Ali-Frazier was razor thin. For whatever reason, Frazier just had the perfect style to confound Ali. I still remember Ali's words after their last fight, which he WON when Frazier's corner would not let him answer the bell for the last round:

"This must be what death feels like, I feel like I'm dying." or something to that effect.

I will always believe that the pummeling he took from those three fights, more than anything else, contributed to his Parkinson's tremors later in life.

I will also feel about those missing 3 1/2 years in the prime of his career just like I feel about Bo Jackson's pro football career. Just imagine what we, the sporting public, were cheated out of.

And, that's all I have to say about that.

As a 63 year old man who served our great country for 11 years in the USAF. I too feel the same way you do about those 3.5 years he was cheated out of. I disagreed with Cassius Clay not serving when drafted, but then when you realize how many "connected" people either outright dodged the draft or used political influence to keep from going to Vietnam, I slowly over the years changed my attitude towards him for that. If Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Bruce Springsteen and many more did it and got away with it then Cassius Clay never should have been imprisoned for the same offense. Justice for all or there is no justice, no one is supposedly above the law, but as we have learned that is an absolute falsehood in America and everywhere else. Justice depends on how deep your pockets go and just who you have offended.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 8:07 AM

Ever seen the movie "Step Brothers"?

Kind of like that.

Dec 11, 2020, 9:10 AM

Lakers-Celtics. And we are talking about the Bird-Magic years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 11, 2020, 9:14 AM

I am going with Lakers - Celtics. They dominated over a decade, even though there were occasional worthy challengers.

I kind of like the golf one best because you also had

Dec 11, 2020, 1:28 PM

Trevino (OK)
Player (tOSU)

It was never just a two man race, but it was clear who the two front runners were

More Boxing

Dec 11, 2020, 1:32 PM

Liston Ali. We know how that turned out.

Dec 11, 2020, 4:47 PM

I'm gonna go with Federer/Nadal or Evert/Navratilova. Both have the respect of the opponent but want to beat the 'stuff' out of the other. Years down the line the appreciation of what occurred will grow.

Cheers

Dec 11, 2020, 4:53 PM

Clemson/Alabama is a sports analogy in it of itself since it is in fact-- a sport. It's become it's own thing for the college football world and will be for the next 20+ years... You can just say "Clemson/Alabama".

Best answer. Hoping Clemson's run lasts 20. Bama, don't care***

Dec 12, 2020, 1:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic