Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

What is...

Aug 1, 2018, 10:48 AM

A coot? I don't get that

I also don't get tater...who came up with these names?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is...

Aug 1, 2018, 10:50 AM

Hmm.. Sounds like something a coot might say

Aug 1, 2018, 10:51 AM

A coot is the dumbest and ugliest bird that swims.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me help

Aug 1, 2018, 10:51 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Aug 1, 2018, 11:27 AM

Coot is water bird that we use in slang to degrade those chicken in Columbia, and tater is what they use to degrade a Tiger fan bc Clemson first began as an agricultural college, and tater comes from the dirt. Using tater as degrading, I believe they failed with the term, but not so much when reffering to them as a coot, a useless water bird!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 11:32 AM

One version of a coot is a web-footed water bird. The second definition is a simple, foolish person - as in "an ol'coot!" No fool like a Clucker fool.

bump

Aug 13, 2018, 8:56 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

See Below. HTHIA in advanced TIA

Aug 13, 2018, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Aug 13, 2018, 10:30 AM

Coot: A flightless bird, black with a red eye (notice the color similarities?). They are aggressively territorial during the breeding season,
https://www.fitsnews.com/2016/10/06/gamecock-tailgate-video-sparks-uproar/
https://www.12up.com/posts/5643241-nsfw-video-two-south-carolina-fans-caught-in-sexual-act-at-usc-arkansas?a_aid=42836
but are otherwise often found in sizeable flocks on the shallow vegetated lakes they prefer. Chick mortality occurs mainly due to starvation rather than predation as coots have difficulty feeding a large family of hatchlings on the tiny shrimp and insects that they collect.

Tater, they get because of Clemson being an agriculture school...reference to potato farmers.

Google says...

Aug 13, 2018, 10:41 AM

coot
ko?ot/Submit
noun
an aquatic bird of the rail family, with blackish plumage, lobed feet, and a bill that extends back onto the forehead as a horny shield.
informal
a foolish or eccentric person, typically an old man.

~ HTH, YW

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic