Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What if Dabo decided to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,735

What if Dabo decided to

Aug 31, 2020, 8:50 PM

stay at Clemson as long as he is happy here. And maybe just retire from Clemson as the greatest football coach ever. After all Dabo says, "thrive where you are planted".Interesting concept in today's world, just be happy!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What if Dabo decided to

Aug 31, 2020, 9:32 PM

I don't think we have to worry about Dabo leaving. Ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here comes the BLOOM

Aug 31, 2020, 9:42 PM

Unlike Yogi Berra, I think Dabo generally matches up his cheesy metaphors pretty well.

Aug 31, 2020, 9:58 PM

Pretty sure Dabo stays in Clemson as long as he has AD and Board support with the condition that "Student Athletes" don't get this pay to play mentality, which seems to be emerging", but if this is controllable then I think he stays at Clemson. I think Dabo loves Clemson and obviously we love him, hopefully we continue our successful relationship for years. But Dabo has made it clear that he is in it to make better men, better persons, then better athletes and if it changes then he has to make decisions.

My thoughts are that I hope the NCAA doesn't cave to the players request to get paid. Force the NFL to create a B-League that takes HS players like MLB. Then the students that get schollies are there for a commitment and not for monetary gain of "Student Athletes".

This would solve the issues, 'yes', the product on the field may decrease but the game and system would maintain it's genuine integrity. The athletes would still be treated like kings, and their opportunity would still be very similar, just with fewer going into the draft especially at Junior status!

I'm concerned about the future of college sports especially football which is my favorite by 1000-fold, and only way to maintain integrity is to give kids a second choice that doesn't impact college sports. Give me the athletes that want to get a degree and to have the best coaching facilities available.

I agree with you, ICATiger.

Sep 1, 2020, 7:45 AM

But, I came to the conclusion several years ago that the NCAA has eagerly and willingly embraced their role as THE minor league for the NFL and NBA.

I think the last thing they want is for the NFL to start a minor league and take kids right out of HS. The NCAA has consistently shown they will do whatever is necessary to keep that from happening.

More and more "fringe benefits."
Less and less emphasis on "academic requirements." (NCAA has no problem with UNC creating an entire academic department for the sole purpose of keeping athletes eligible.)

I think, I fear, the NCAA will start paying players and even more to the concept of "academics are optional" and allow athletes to take no classes if they so choose if it will keep the NFL from setting up their own minor league system. (I suspect they will start playing players fairly quickly if it appears the G-league is signing all the top HS hoops players.)

Everything I have seen in the past 40 years shows me that the NCAA is less and less about students and more and more about athletes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 9:58 PM

Pretty sure Dabo stays in Clemson as long as he has AD and Board support with the condition that "Student Athletes" don't get this pay to play mentality, which seems to be emerging", but if this is controllable then I think he stays at Clemson. I think Dabo loves Clemson and obviously we love him, hopefully we continue our successful relationship for years. But Dabo has made it clear that he is in it to make better men, better persons, then better athletes and if it changes then he has to make decisions.

My thoughts are that I hope the NCAA doesn't cave to the players request to get paid. Force the NFL to create a B-League that takes HS players like MLB. Then the students that get schollies are there for a commitment and not for monetary gain of "Student Athletes".

This would solve the issues, 'yes', the product on the field may decrease but the game and system would maintain it's genuine integrity. The athletes would still be treated like kings, and their opportunity would still be very similar, just with fewer going into the draft especially at Junior status!

I'm concerned about the future of college sports especially football which is my favorite by 1000-fold, and only way to maintain integrity is to give kids a second choice that doesn't impact college sports. Give me the athletes that want to get a degree and to have the best coaching facilities available.

Sep 1, 2020, 7:32 AM

Dabo can stay as long as he doesn't forget who he is,and turn into a Muschump who wins 3.5 games a season or gets a Nick Saban type ego and try to coach in the NFL.
If there is one thing about Dabo that seems honest,IMO,it's that he cares more for the players well being than he does the game.
But that's why he is so successful.He doesn't let "football" go to his head.

Dabo will not coach his next job , he will be President

Sep 1, 2020, 7:51 AM

of the United States.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,735
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic