Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What happens if Clemson,Bama and Orgeon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

What happens if Clemson,Bama and Orgeon

Sep 11, 2013, 10:45 AM

All go undefeated,the Ducks have been real close for 3 yrs in a row.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They wont be.***

Sep 11, 2013, 10:48 AM

If that happened, I'm afraid we'd play in the Orange Bowl.

Sep 11, 2013, 10:49 AM

I don't think the computers will love the Ducks that much, but all the human polls will keep them #2.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: If that happened, I'm afraid we'd play in the Orange Bowl.

Sep 11, 2013, 10:51 AM

Them being a West Coast team, would help to

The only way around that is to...

Sep 11, 2013, 10:54 AM [ in reply to If that happened, I'm afraid we'd play in the Orange Bowl. ]

dial it up on both sides of the ball and shut some D1 teams out while dropping 50 on their defense.

It would be a tough hill to climb to get past an undefeated OU team. The SEC longs for their speed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who said anything about Oklahoma?***

Sep 11, 2013, 12:11 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

I think it'll depend on if Oregon beats a still undefeated

Sep 11, 2013, 10:56 AM [ in reply to If that happened, I'm afraid we'd play in the Orange Bowl. ]

Stanford team. That'll be a good looking win vs a top 5 opponent for them

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Yup...I agree***

Sep 11, 2013, 10:56 AM [ in reply to If that happened, I'm afraid we'd play in the Orange Bowl. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

There are too many unknown factors.

Sep 11, 2013, 10:59 AM

We will not jump Bama period unless if the SEC loses the rest of their out of conference games and Vandy/Miss/MissSt/Tenn/Kentucky win games against all teams but Bama. So rule that one out.

But Clemson & Oregon are close enough that if Florida State's only losses are to Clemson (and even Florida) and South Carolina is in the top 15, and the winning coastal team is in the top 15, we will be #2, with reasonable justification to be #1.

Oregon's only quality wins would be Stanford & UCLA where ours would be Georgia, Florida State, South Carolina, & lets go with Miami.

We would be ahead of Oregon. The only team we won't jump this year would be an undefeated SEC team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: There are too many unknown factors.

Sep 11, 2013, 11:05 AM

I like the way you think. It is reasonable, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happens if Clemson,Bama and Orgeon

Sep 11, 2013, 11:04 AM

If FSU and USC can win out and be highly ranked you could see Clemson with 3 top 10 wins

A 10-1 USC team would be ranked in the top 5 by the end of the year and FSU will be top 10

Clemson sitting at 3-0 over 2 top 5 teams in UGA and USC (if they make it undefeated the rest of the year) and a win over top 10 FSU who finishes at 11-1 beating Fla and only loss to Clemson would =

Clemson against Bama or Oregon in the Champ game.

I can't think of a year where 1 team beat 2 top 5 teams and 1 top 10 team,

That is what I called if Clemson could beat UGA. A nat champ game with follow on wins over FSU and USC

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2013, 11:08 AM

Oddly enough, I see LSU beating Bama, and UGA beating LSU, and Bama beating TAM - so UGA will win the SECCG but will have ONE loss to some powerhouse team from the ACC.

CLEMSON plays Oregon in the NCG.

It could happen.

More likely is your current scenario for the SEC and

Sep 11, 2013, 11:15 AM

Oregon dropping to Stanford and Stanford losing to UCLA or Notre Dame.

Then a 1-loss Georgia team would jump an undefeated Ohio State team and we get to watch Ohio State cry foul while we re-match Georgia (which I do not want to by the way).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

And who really wants to see that other than Jawga fans?

Sep 11, 2013, 11:22 AM

We have already beaten them. We play them early next year. Don't see that much happening for them to get back in it, but if they did, I would still rather play someone else. Lots of football left for us too. Since we were all dreaming.........:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

E$ecPN would be campaigning ....

Sep 11, 2013, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: What happens if Clemson,Bama and Orgeon ]

for an LSU/Bama or Georgia/Bama rematch for the National Championship.

It's not like it hasn't happened before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

i don't think that happens, but.......given the situation...

Sep 11, 2013, 11:25 AM

and predicting from this point forward

Bama plays top 10 ranked A&M and LSU as of now.......and Ole Miss ranked top 25, for now.........and top 10 SEC east opponent in SECCG

Clemson plays top 10 UGA and FSU (likely), top 15 South Carolina..........i'm gonna predict that Maryland and/or GT will be ranked by the time we play them, and a top15/10 ACC coastal in ACCCG

Oregon plays.........top 10 Stanford and top 25 washington & ucla...........and top 25 division opponent

based on SOS imo it should be bama and clemson, but i also think oregon is the best in the country. It's a long season and i don't think your hypothetical happens, but i don't think our schedule will hurt us like many normally think

That is a problem I'd REALLY like to have...***

Sep 11, 2013, 11:31 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly what I was going to say, Rev. ******

Sep 11, 2013, 11:35 AM

null

Sep 11, 2013, 11:31 AM

Do not forget about Ohio State who has one of the easiest schedules in the country to run the table and be undefeated.

Gotta throw Ohio State into the discussion too.

For me the discussion is if there are three undefeated teams, who is the odd man out???

The only one that would infuriate me if they went over us is

Sep 11, 2013, 11:36 AM

Ohio State. Their schedule is creampuff city.

null

Sep 11, 2013, 11:51 AM

We would need SCar to be top 10 at end of season and the coastal division to produce at Top 15 team for the ACCCG I think. That would be two big wins at the end of the year.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic