Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What does "Beamer Ball" mean to you?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

What does "Beamer Ball" mean to you?

Dec 8, 2020, 9:41 AM

Will SCAR fans start shaking their keys at us?

VT=SCAR?
1) Barnyard bird mascots
2) 40+ year old entrance song
3) Empty trophy case, irrelevant last 10 years and most of their history
4) Baby brother in their own state
5) Garnet/maroon

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What does "Beamer Ball" mean to you?

Dec 8, 2020, 9:43 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^POTD^^^^***

Dec 8, 2020, 9:48 AM

^^^this is the correct answer***

Dec 8, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: What does "Beamer Ball" mean to you? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Imagine having to buy your opponent's playbook

Dec 8, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: What does "Beamer Ball" mean to you? ]

just to scratch out a 0-0 tie in regulation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

THIS

Dec 8, 2020, 9:50 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 9:53 AM

Really sad that the term "Beamer Ball" will take on a diminished and quite tarnished meaning. Hate it for Frank. It always is bad when a father has to see his son choose poorly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They might bring in a lunch box and some Metallica..........

Dec 8, 2020, 9:55 AM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

in football VT is not baby brother to anyone in Virginny.

Dec 8, 2020, 9:59 AM

Virginia doesn't have much of a football tradition with any college team, but to the extent there is one, it is VT's.

I think true Beamer Ball is a relic of the past and was great for the brief few years it existed. Vick as the dual threat QB and lights out special teams and defense made a huge impact at the time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like UofSuCk in South Carolina, VT is at best the

Dec 8, 2020, 10:02 AM

3rd best college football team in the state behind UVA and Liberty. When you add in ODU and JMU VT may be 5th.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

now, yes, but historically the best in the Commonwealth.***

Dec 8, 2020, 10:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When you say "historically" what are you referring to?

Dec 8, 2020, 10:31 AM

I mean, historically they never even won a bowl game until 1986.

I thought he got that Beamer ball removed from his neck?

Dec 8, 2020, 10:17 AM

Shows what I know

Dec 8, 2020, 10:35 AM

What Beamer ball means to me:

Beamer ball is praying you block a punt or fg and turn it into points because your offense is putrid.

Dec 8, 2020, 10:46 AM

Winning the ACC and going 1-3 OOC - with a loss to JMU, ECU, ODU, and some other blowout loss to a power5 program.

Nothing made the ACC seem weaker in the mid 2000s that VT winning it and handing out Ws to non-P5 teams like they are South Carolina

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic