Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think it's safe to say the playoff committee will never...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I think it's safe to say the playoff committee will never...

Jan 12, 2021, 3:22 PM

let a 6 win team back into the playoff after what we saw last night. From everything I'm hearing, this experiment has left a bad taste in their mouths.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I think it's safe to say the playoff committee will never...

Jan 12, 2021, 3:25 PM

never underestimate the POWER of bucknut whining.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Why why why

Jan 12, 2021, 3:44 PM

isn't Dabo on the selection committee? He tried to tell them this would happen

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Was The More Battle Tested Going In ---

Jan 12, 2021, 3:56 PM

We played more games.

It was a Covid or asterisk season.

We played in New Orleans again...and lost

We shouldn't have lost to Ohio State.

It's like an eleventh grader losing to an eighth grader in a fight or race based on the facts of games played between the 2.

It was embarrassing for us.... and Bama did to the Ohio State Macadamians what we should have done to them in all honesty.....asterisk season or not.

Re: Clemson Was The More Battle Tested Going In ---

Jan 12, 2021, 3:58 PM

And their whining about injuries completely undermines their whining that only playing 5 games shouldn’t matter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

^This***

Jan 12, 2021, 4:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Last night proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Clemson

Jan 12, 2021, 4:03 PM

is Alabama’s true rival and that under no circumstances should a six win team ever get into the playoff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last night proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Clemson

Jan 12, 2021, 4:06 PM

and Saban would be the first to admit it.
He knows.

He knows Dabo has his kryptonite***

Jan 12, 2021, 4:09 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Last night proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Clemson ]

I just can't tell if you guys are serious.

I opposed Ohio State getting into the playoffs. I thought they were a top 4 team for sure, but also felt they were undeserving given the reduced schedule. But Ohio State absolutely dismantled Clemson in every single facet of the game. Clemson was pulverized in the trenches and our defensive backs could not cover Ohio State's receivers. It was the second worst loss in Dabo's tenure and the worst in Venables'. He had absolutely no answer for Ohio State and was completely outschemed by their offensive coordinator. Bama then annihilates Ohio State, and you think Clemson would have done better? That is absolutely insane. Alabama was better on both sides of the line than Ohio State, their receivers were worlds better, including one guy who might be the best receiver in my lifetime, and they had Saban and Sark as coaches. It would have been a massacre. I just can't believe the arrogance you guys still have after we got smacked in the mouth for the second time in 2020.

Are you suggesting Saban & Sarkisian are an unbeatable duo?***

Jan 12, 2021, 5:14 PM

Doesn't matter. Before long someone will hire Sark for a

Jan 12, 2021, 5:16 PM

head coaching position.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Doesn't matter. Before long someone will hire Sark for a

Jan 12, 2021, 7:11 PM

I'm surprised the coots didn't...sorry, I couldn't quite get that out with a straight face.

Re: Are you suggesting Saban & Sarkisian are an unbeatable duo?***

Jan 12, 2021, 9:24 PM [ in reply to Are you suggesting Saban & Sarkisian are an unbeatable duo?*** ]

No. But Saban, Sark, and that stable of wide receivers might be pretty close to unstoppable. I've never seen a wide-receiver like Smith in college. You can obviously score on Alabama. We saw that throughout the year. But no one came close to slowing them down. And while I doubted Mac Jones, the kid is insanely accurate. I don't think we could have beaten them this year given our bad line play and inconsistent defensive backs.

Jan 12, 2021, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Last night proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Clemson ]

The Clemson Tigers had every chance in the world to show the committee and everyone else that OSU didn’t belong ...... and they blew it. Dabo was given the chance to show that he was right .... and he blew it. If you are going to make statements that you can’t live up to ... keep quiet. Let’s get ready for 2021 and hope that things are better in every way. The coaches surely can see where the Tigers are lacking and begin making improvements. Let the team do the talking on the field.

Did you just suggest Dabo should shut up?***

Jan 12, 2021, 5:25 PM

Re: Did you just suggest Dabo should shut up?***

Jan 12, 2021, 5:28 PM

i Think you need to be able to back it up any statements you make on the field. Take that any way you wish to!

What did he say that he didn’t back up?

Jan 12, 2021, 5:36 PM

I want to be sure I understand.

Re: What did he say that he didn’t back up?

Jan 12, 2021, 5:50 PM

Do you not think that he implied that the Buckeyes Didn’t belong in the game when he ‘suggested’ they were the eleventh best team.? I do and if you disagree that is fine with me. I still think you are a super Tiger fan and I support you 100%.

Re: What did he say that he didn’t back up?

Jan 12, 2021, 6:48 PM

You didn’t listen to Dabo’s explanation. His putting them as the 11th best team in the country had nothing to do with how good a team they had. He acknowledged they were more than talented enough to beat Clemson or anyone else on a give day. But in his opinion, and mine, playing the games matters. So much so that he placed any credible team who played a full season ahead of OSU. I find no fault in his logic. Otherwise, why not just cancel all the games for COVID and get in to the championship game based on preseason ratings? Our offensive and defensive lines struggled all year to dominate their opponent. OSU has better players on both lines. But that’s not to say Clemson couldn’t beat them on a given day. The same goes for Alabama. No doubt our guys could have scored on Bama last night. But it would have had to be a track meet and score every time we got the ball to win. OSU couldn’t. We probably couldn’t have either. But we would have played Bama every bit as good as they did last night. But OSU did not deserve to be there. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Last night proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Clemson ]

And we still played the even for 3 quarters.

Unfortunately, I see this becoming a new strategy

Jan 12, 2021, 10:09 PM

in football, finding excuses to take games off without forfeiting. And with conferences like the Big 10 changing their own rules to makes this legal, I fear that the other, more respectable leagues will be forced to take the same route to stay competitive. I think the end game here is that the top 4-5 teams whittle their schedules down to 4 games, then spend the rest of the year preparing for each other in the championship. It is the natural progression of the sport.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unfortunately, I see this becoming a new strategy

Jan 13, 2021, 12:05 AM

There's no revenue with that approach Balm. Teams have to have a big gate and the media rights holder needs content. You'll see 12 games.

Re: Unfortunately, I see this becoming a new strategy

Jan 13, 2021, 12:11 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic