Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What company offers the cheapest cell phone plan for a large
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

What company offers the cheapest cell phone plan for a large

Jan 19, 2018, 6:21 AM

family.
I currently have 7 cell phones (all paid for) and am paying about $400 per month for service through AT&T (and you thought cable bill was bad). I am paying for 5 phones for family members and 2 phones for employees for my business. 3 of my phones (kids phones) stream music and videos away from wifi. My wife and I only do this in wifi. The business phones never stream. Surely there is a plan out there to cut my cell phone bill in half.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What company offers the cheapest cell phone plan for a large

Jan 19, 2018, 6:26 AM

Well, I can tell you Verizon is pretty $$$. I pay $326/ month with 3 unlimited data plans and I’m also paying for 2 phone upgrades. If all your phones are paid for then it might not be that bad. I would try cricket, T-Mobile or boost.

Jan 19, 2018, 7:18 AM

Cricket. Been on it for almost 2 years and is much better than Verizon. They use AT&T cell towers which means that you'll have the same reception from your house but for a cheaper cost. We have four lines, one unlimited and the other three 8 gb for only 180/month. Best switch ever

Jan 19, 2018, 7:21 AM

Find a friend or friend of a friend ask them which plan you need to be on to save money.

My bro works for Verizon and he saved me $50 a month just because he told me what to tell the V store people.

Cricket, boost, strait talk

Jan 19, 2018, 7:34 AM

T mobile is the cheapest of the big 4.

My sister owns a small business and has a t mobile business plan which I am on.

I pay 90/month for 3 phones unlimited.

I pay $40 /month for my daughter on version and she only has 2 gb data. I turn on my hotspot whenever we're in the car together or outside of wifi.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Cricket, boost, strait talk

Jan 19, 2018, 8:06 AM

They also have worst coverage. We have a place at the lake and TMobile loses service once you get on County Line/Poplar Hill Road going towards the Lake. They have no reception at the lake. ATT I have continuous coverage including inside

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Yeah, that's why my daughter has verizon

Jan 19, 2018, 8:32 AM

Gawd forbid she cant snapchat. You get what you pay for

Tmobile- cheapest-worst coverage
Sprint
Att
Verizon - most expensive - best coverage

Boost, cricket, straight talk all use the same towers as the big 4.. I'd go with 1 of those if his phones are paid for.

If they are newer phones they should work on all providers. If they are older phones they may not work unless he unlocks them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Family and Friends Laugh at Me

Jan 19, 2018, 7:50 AM

But I pay $3/mo for my T-Mobile pay-as-you go plan. For that price, I get 30 minutes of talk/texts in any combination, and unlimited wifi - where I use a free texting app to save my minutes. After the first 30 minutes/texts on the plan are used, it's 10 cents a minute or text after that. No data is included, but I can add a one day 500 mb data pass for $5 or a one week 1 gb data pass for $10. Also, I've found an ebay seller who sells $100 T-Mobile phone credit for like $90 and no sales tax. Not for everyone, but works great for someone like me who has minimal useage and provides the flexibility to add data at a reasonable rate when needed.

Jan 19, 2018, 8:02 AM

Get a ATT small business plan. I have 6 phones, all with unlimited data and pay about $300 month.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2018, 8:03 AM

Take a good look at Consumer Cellular. Great reception. My cost is <$40/mo and you can add other lines for $15/mo each. No contract. Change within their plans as often as you need to for greater or lesser service at greater or lesser costs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2018, 8:43 AM

I don't use it, but check out Total Wireless. Looks like you could get all 7 lines for under $200 if you can get by with sharing around 45 GB of data.

My daughter has fairly good reception on Straight Talk in the Charleston area. If you choose the right plans you could be under $300.

Walmart Family Mobile is another option. You could get by with 4 plans at $30 and 3 at $40 for a total cost of $240.00.

Just researched all of the "cheap" plans I could find recently.

I despise cell phones so much that I ridded myself

Jan 19, 2018, 9:23 AM

of a Sprint plan and bought a $20 Walmart phone at $25 monthly for unlimited talk and text.

I never use it at work and might, might I said, cut it on at home for a short while in the evenings. I figure if friends and family need to reach me, they can call my land line at home in the evenings.

When my oldest grandkids wanted me to add them onto my original plan, I told them to take a hike...that although I loved them, I didn't love them that much! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CRICKET Wireless.

Jan 19, 2018, 9:38 AM

$30/month for 1 line unlimited phone, text, data.
$100/month for 4 lines, unlimited everything.
$25/month for unlimited talk/text for your employees.
Owned by AT&T therefore same network. Switch your plan any time or go to another network anytime if you don't like.

Boom... I got you down to $180 or less. Sign-up online and pay no activation or BS fees. Oh yeah, those prices include ALL taxes. I said ALL.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll never bee king of candy crush with that attitude***

Jan 19, 2018, 9:41 AM [ in reply to I despise cell phones so much that I ridded myself ]

Re: I despise cell phones so much that I ridded myself

Jan 19, 2018, 10:48 AM [ in reply to I despise cell phones so much that I ridded myself ]

You dont want to be bothered during Bingo night any #### way!

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Jan 19, 2018, 9:41 AM

I use Google project Fi and I am very happy with it. No contracts, you can finance your phones if you dont already have android based phones which I did not. If you already have an android based phone then your monthly bill could be really reasonable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2018, 10:36 AM

I'd get a separate account for the business users. Put them on a plan that only has talk and text with no data. I like T-Mobile. Never had an issue with voice coverage, but I also don't go out in remote areas. The two business phones with unlimited talk and text would cost you a total of $50/month($25/phone).

You can get the T-Mobile One plan with unlimited data for $40/month per phone, but I'm not sure if yuo can have more than 4 phones.

If 4 phones is enough you'd pay $210/month for all 6.

Re: What company offers the cheapest cell phone plan?

Jan 19, 2018, 11:18 PM

Google Ting. Internet provider. Serif it can help.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic