Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What chance does Elliot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

What chance does Elliot

Dec 18, 2020, 10:04 PM

Have in getting the Auburn job

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elliott is very impressive and cerebral one on one

Dec 18, 2020, 10:12 PM

He spoke at one of my Iptay rep meetings and I came away highly impressed.

Re: What chance does Elliot

Dec 18, 2020, 10:13 PM

I think it is Kevin Steele job to lose

Dec 19, 2020, 6:41 AM

Steele cannot coach. He needs to retire.

Dec 18, 2020, 10:14 PM

Zero, Dabo and Tony are very close friends, and Tony don't want to leave his Alumni where he has a great job working with one of his closest friend. My opinion is that Dabo, Tony and BV are Clemson lifers that aren't looking for, or accepting a job anywhere else. Those 3 i do believe above all are All In lifers to Clemson FB!!!!

I just wonder how many more times the 3 of them will have to say that before people start taking them at their word. Probably with some, NEVER, and they will have to repeat themselves every year that goes by, and they're still at Clemson 25 years later, and even then, there will still be doubters!!!!

There are those that will never understand the words, I'm not interested in leaving Clemson for any other place bc, there isn't a place better than where I'm at right now, at Clemson!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2020, 1:23 AM

Venables has seemed pretty clear in not wanting to leave. He's turned down a few interview offers in the past. I think he'd only leave for a small handful of jobs (especially Oklahoma), that probably wouldn't offer a defensive coordinator with no head coaching experience. So I think he will likely be in it for the long-haul.

That said, I've never heard Elliot say he'd never leave. And he is interviewing for the job. Why would someone fly down to Alabama and interview in a job that they'll turn down if offered? If he's actually interviewing, he's interested in the job.

But I don't think there's much chance he's hired. I think Elliot would be an excellent head coach. He has the right temperament, is very smart and political, and is a phenomenal recruiter. Any complaint I've had with him has been playcalling, not his actual coordinating abilities. Those translate well to head coaching. But I think the job is Steele's to lose, followed by Sark. Napier is really hot too right now with good head coaching experience. I'd say Elliot has the lowest odds of getting chosen, though not 0. Maybe 10% based on his own charm 1 on 1?

I don’t know what Elliot wants to do but lots of people

Dec 19, 2020, 6:52 AM

go through interview processes with no little to no intention of actually taking the job. I was encouraged to do it when I was in college. Sometimes it’s more about learning the interview process than actually landing the job. It prepares you for the future if something happens to your current job or a position is offered that you can’t turn down. It’s just a wise thing to do these days. All that to say there’s a lot of reasons Tony could be doing the interview. Who really knows what his intentions are unless you’re close to him?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2020, 10:19 PM

I would wish Coach Elliott well in whatever pursuit he has if he leaves Clemson(except if he went to Coot-lumbia). But, i.m.o it would do him a dis-service to go to Auburn for his 1st HC gig. This is his 1st time being a solo OC for Pete's sake!

Choice obviously is his - I just don't think it would be a wise one. At least Jeff Scott had been the HC of a highly successful H.S. team before. Coach Elliott hasn't to my knowledge? It's different in those shoes!

He is a bright individual he will make the right choice!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2020, 10:40 PM

LOL, that successful HS team that Jeff was successful at, Jeff was the first HC of that schools very first ever FB team, and he was only there for the inaugural season at Blythewood HS right on the outskirts of cootlumbia. But Jeff did coach through an undefeated season and winning championship 23-21!!!

Here is a pretty good read about that HC and his team, 10 years later, a look at Blythewood’s magical state title season!!!

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=norton&hsimp=yhs-ext_safe&vendorConfigured=yahoo&o=hp&prt=SSS&ver=3.14.0.4&tpr=111&chn=store&guid=88820c54-56ac-488f-b4f1-e8a2232c4a92&doi=2020-11-17&doa=2020-11-17&p=Blythewood+HS+very+first+FB+season+and+the+outcome&geo=&ctype=&installsource=&version=&cmpgn=medici&type=cr_hp_medici_wk47_2020¶m1=88820c54-56ac-488f-b4f1-e8a2232c4a92_2020-11-17_cr¶m2=hp__medici¶m3=SSS__wk47_2020¶m4=SSS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2020, 10:34 PM

Good for him getting an interview. I honestly think Tony is too much of a straight shooter for Auburn. They will want someone that will cut corners.

Dec 18, 2020, 11:13 PM

I wish the best (always) for TE, but if I were seeking longevity as HC, I wouldn’t want to start off with Auburn.

Possibly land there later but definitely not start off there.

Dec 18, 2020, 10:52 PM

“What chance does Auburn have of getting Tony...?”

FIFY.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Auburn is about to go UT

Dec 18, 2020, 11:08 PM

The next coach will probably last 3 years after they go 0-3 to Bama! Then it'll be another coach and another and so on...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Slim IMHO

Dec 19, 2020, 6:28 AM

Steele seems to be the frontrunner. He is already there and has Head Coaching experience. His stint at Baylor was not pretty, but it is experience nonetheless.

Sark is already in Alabama at least and has Head Coaching experience. His rehabilitation at Bama seems complete.

Napier was at Bama, and is finding success as a HC at UL (no small feat).

Elliot's track record as a Coordinator speaks for itself. It would be a bold move on both parts. The Auburn Boosters have a reputation for being fickle and rather "involved" so I do not know if I would make that my first HC job. On the other hand, get the right contract and you are set for life after a few years (see Muschamp).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t know...but I’m afraid he’d struggle there.

Dec 19, 2020, 6:32 AM

He’s been spoiled having players with elite ACC speed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic