Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vent- Dont Care If You Disagree
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Vent- Dont Care If You Disagree

Nov 17, 2019, 8:37 AM

Im riding back- wife driving while I hair of the dog- from Clemson. Great weekend with my 2 and 4 year old in the game. No complaints.

Im listening about Tua. I watched the videos. Ive heard Sabans response. Im listening to Espn making excuses.

Leading to this rant- I HAD the utmost respect of Saban. No more.

1. That kid played because Saban was worried about being ranked 5th.
2. Tua is an awesome kid and grinded and played phenomenally against LSU and yesterday.
3. Saban claiming injuries happen is asinine when that kid is in up 35-7
4. Anyone in this fing world who doesnt destroy Saban for this is a panzy a** clown
5. As an unfortunate Redskins fan this reminds me of RG3s demise because of selfishness

Im so angry because no matter how much i want our tigers to beat bama. Tua is a great kid and an amazing QB and deserved better than a selfish 67 yearold fighting time. F u Saban.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vent- Dont Care If You Disagree

Nov 17, 2019, 8:41 AM

I pretty much agree but think tua probably wanted to up his stats for the draft too. I'm very sad for him. He shouldn't have played at all the last 2 games!

Nov 17, 2019, 8:44 AM

Cant disagree but thats why we have coaches for 20 year olds to protect them against themselves. We all felt invincible as kids and our parents taught us we werent.

i disagree...players play, and Tua asked for the ball

Nov 17, 2019, 8:43 AM

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/deshaun-watson-played-torn-acl-knee-texans-clemson-injury-college-south-carolina-nfl

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i disagree...players play, and Tua asked for the ball

Nov 17, 2019, 8:53 AM

Do you have kids Griff? Assume you do. Have they asked to jump from somewhere way too high. Assume so mine always do. Do you say yes? Assume you dont.

The argument that Tua asked for the ball is my whole point. Of course he did. The kids great. Any competitor would. Thats even more ao why Saban missed the boat.

So why did Watson play against SCAR in 2014?

Nov 17, 2019, 8:56 AM

I defended Dabo then just as I defend Saban now.

What does how I parent my kids have to do with this? Are you criticizing Saban, or Tua’s parents?

Re: So why did Watson play against SCAR in 2014?

Nov 18, 2019, 9:44 AM

Yeah I didn't get the whole parenting thing he mentioned either.

Nov 17, 2019, 9:00 AM [ in reply to i disagree...players play, and Tua asked for the ball ]

I still say that was a totally different situation. DW4 wasn’t a junior, wasn’t coming off surgery with screws and wires still in his ankle and wasn’t facing an opponent they could beat with a wr at qb.

Had they won the game 17-7 with a backup QB, bama wouldn’t have dropped a good bit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 9:07 AM

Also, doctors said DW4 couldn't do additional damage to his knee. He also wasn't hobbled by it at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

The only argument against Saban that I find convincing

Nov 17, 2019, 9:15 AM

Is that Tua was hobbled enough that he would take hits he wouldn’t ha e taken otherwise, and that that lead to the hit which ultimately injured him.

I think if we’re honest with ourselves and think back to the USC game with Watson not at 100% we’d see we created the opportunity for the same thing to happen. Go back and watch that game. Watson took hits that he wouldn’t have if his knee weren’t injured. It is the good-luck side of the bad-luck coin toss that Tua took.

Additionally think back a few years ago where we played an obviously hobbled Bryant and he took a few bad hits including one which knocked him out.

I didn’t think Dabo did anything wrong then.
I have to be (to me) logically consistent and think the same for Saban.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 8:44 AM

In my “assumptions about Nick”, I agree with where you’re coming from. I “assume”, the rankings thing matters more to him than anything, and even more than Tua. Hope I’m truly wrong with my assumptions however, but the kid just came off surgery. Really feel bad for Tua.

Everyone is saying "it wasn't his ankle"...

Nov 17, 2019, 8:50 AM

...to justify Saban keeping him in. But they haven't considered that Tua'a lack of mobility contributed to him getting hunted down and sacked. Tua was 2 for -8 yards yesterday.

When the gazelle has an injured leg the lion will feast.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Wait, your 2 and 4 year olds were in the game?

Nov 17, 2019, 8:53 AM

Seriously, you don't think Trevor would be playing in a 35-7 game during the last two minutes of the first half? I don't care what the first half score is, no starting quarterback comes out before halftime unless they're playing Charlotte. Last week Tua threw for 400+ against LSU, so saying he was injured is a little iffy. He was sore I'm sure but not injured. It was a freak injury that could have happened to anyone at any time, certainly not cause to lose respect for Saban.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Wait, your 2 and 4 year olds were in the game?

Nov 17, 2019, 8:57 AM

Different circumstances. Trevor didn’t recently have surgery which impeded his scrambling ability....

So he wasn’t medically cleared to play?

Nov 17, 2019, 9:00 AM

Saban apparently overruled the medical professionals AND Tua’s parents, and played him despite their protests for his own (and his only) benefit?

Re: So he wasn’t medically cleared to play?

Nov 17, 2019, 9:32 AM

Do you have evidence for this statement? If not, you just made a complete joke of yourself.

Re: So he wasn’t medically cleared to play?

Nov 17, 2019, 9:39 AM

I’m pretty he was being sarcastic.

Re: Yes , he was. And yes, you are...

Nov 17, 2019, 9:44 AM

;^)

I see you are new to TigerNet. It shows. Welcome!

Nov 17, 2019, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Re: So he wasn’t medically cleared to play? ]

Check your meter!

Re: I see you are new to TigerNet. It shows. Welcome!

Nov 17, 2019, 10:00 AM

OK, my bad. I woke up and the first thing I did was come here and read this.

Carry on.

68, not 67!

Nov 17, 2019, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re:Wait, your 2 and 4 year olds were in the game? ]

a year makes a difference, i assure you!

But yes, Bama didn't need him "at all" to beat Bulldoggies but playing him 1st quarter was needed and maybe 2nd quarter too just to give him reps..

which was done..and who knew he'd get injured that way! That's life.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What at all about the tackle on

Nov 17, 2019, 9:04 AM

Tua would lead any reasonable person to suspect a dislocated hip would be the result? Trevor took a harder, more awkward hit on his first run than what Tua received. It's a very sad and unfortunate injury he suffered, but to lay that at the feet of anyone is simply being spiteful.

Tua's bigger concern is his post-collegiate career. Hopefully, he'll recover fully and not be hindered as Bo Jackson ultimately was.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What at all about the tackle on

Nov 17, 2019, 9:14 AM

Griff - fyi - love your posts so not being combative. My point is Saban went with results as his guidance not the kid. At no point did he need TUA to win and thats disappointing.

Second i could care less what the kid or his family say. The coach should protect the player regardless. The role of a mentor is to make tough decisions with the player above the result.

Nov 17, 2019, 9:21 AM

So I have to try to understand the logic here. Saban did not need Tua to win? If that is the standard then Saban didn't need half the team to win. So we need to sit all great players in games that are guaranteed victories? I mean, they might get injured. Yesterday, we didn't need Trevor, Higgins or Ross. OMG Ross was injured, #### you dabo, you shouldn't have been playing him.

We can agree to disagree

Nov 17, 2019, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: What at all about the tackle on ]

How do you bring my kids into the argument, then say what the parents think has nothing to do with it? If, as a parent, I say don’t play my kid, and the coach plays him and gets him hurt, one or both of us will be facing charges.

Easy to blame the coach after the fact. Saban was obviously ready to pull him. He just let him play one play too long, as it turned out, and life happened.

Nov 17, 2019, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: What at all about the tackle on ]

We didn’t need TL yesterday to beat wake. Dabo shouldn’t have let him dress, you know, he could get hurt. ETN too. Is that what you really want to see?

Football players play football. Sometimes they get hurt. It sucks for Tua but that’s the risk you take every single time you suit up...that injury could have happened on the first play.

This^^^***

Nov 17, 2019, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re:Wait, your 2 and 4 year olds were in the game? ]

Tua was medically cleared to play...

Nov 17, 2019, 9:16 AM

by the same training staff that tried to stand him up and get him to walk off the field with a dislocated hip.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tua was medically cleared to play...

Nov 17, 2019, 9:31 AM

^^^ got a winner ^^^

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson played with bum knee against coots

Nov 17, 2019, 9:17 AM

It’s football. I agonize for Tua and pray he makes a full recovery and has a long NFL career. The injury is not anyone’s fault

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 9:24 AM

I think the decision was mutual. Tua still wanted Heisman.

Nov 17, 2019, 9:34 AM

That ship sailed when they lost to LSU.

Nov 17, 2019, 9:30 AM

I'm not sure that your assumptions are accurate.

1) Saban worried about ranking. - Why does playing Tua help? Sitting him and giving the impression that the injury was relevant for the LSU game. Beating Miss St should not have been a problem without him.

2) Tua is a great kid. - I'm not saying that he isn't but don't just make the assumption. My buddy's son knows him from several camps and the Polynesian Bowl (Tua didn't play but attended), and says that he is nothing like the public perception. He basically called him a self centered prick. I agree that it was a gutsy performance against LSU, but the acting job after the game might have been more indicative of his personality.

3) Injuries happen but it was 35-7. - It was still in the first half. If he should not have been at that time, then he probably should not have been playing at all.

4) I guess that I am a pansy a** clown. - Not sure why I am a pansy for not thinking that somebody should not be destroyed based on hindsight, but so be it. I'm guilty.

5) RG3 - Not a Redskins fan and don't remember the circumstances behind him getting hurt. I would just ask, if he was already hurt, were you upset that he was playing before the second injury or was it an opinion based on hindsight.

I am not a Saban fan, but that has to do with other things that he does. I would not have played Tua if he was 100% healthy, because I would have wanted to add to the perception that he was playing hurt against LSU. I actually respect the fact that he played him this week. It is a shame that Tua got hurt, but I don't think that it should be blamed on Saban.

Nov 17, 2019, 9:42 AM

Im great with the banter but think the playing dead act argument is hilarious. Do you really think the CFP comittee cares that ohhh this team lost and the qb didnt play the next game?

Please come with something better than that.

Nov 18, 2019, 8:55 AM

More than I think that they would look at it as a positive having him play. I find it hard to argue that a guy that threw for more than 400 yards would have had a significantly greater impact at 100%. However, the narrative pushed by the media is that Alabama should be given a pass for Tua not being 100%. If he had not played I do believe that the media would have latched on and said that it was further evidence that he was hurt. So, would it make a difference to the committee? I hope not, but I think that the Tua was hurt argument is all Alabama has at this time.

Nov 18, 2019, 9:09 AM

You are very wrong sir.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vent all you want, you’re still wrong

Nov 18, 2019, 9:18 AM

Tua was either ok to play or he wasn’t, right from the start of the game. He was on sort of a pitch count. And he was set to come out, it was the first half, he suffered a new injury not a re-injury. Are you saying football is too dangerous to play if you can possibly avoid it? Are you saying Mac Jones is only a backup so he should have been the one in the game to get hurt? It was a hip injury, not the ankle. Tua has missed some reps from his prior injury and felt he would benefit from running the 2-minute.

I'm Just Curious Why You Let a Wimmen Drive a Car***

Nov 18, 2019, 9:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic