Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What an awful performance tonight!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

What an awful performance tonight!

Feb 1, 2020, 10:50 PM

That was hard to watch. We just never seemed to get it going. I expect us to bounce back and keep playing hard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: What an awful performance tonight!

Feb 1, 2020, 11:00 PM

I sat through the misery tonite in person....we stunk in warmups..we stunk when the whistle blew for the jump ball...we stunk for forty minutes and probably were less than 20 %. Being able to get on the bus home. You can take nothing positive from this other than the fact I received a free chick fila sandwich card tonite.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2020, 11:12 PM

That was hard to watch. We just never seemed to get it going. I expect us to bounce back and keep playing hard.

You know we have UVa up next right? Will be ugly...

Maybe we did this on purpose tonight

Feb 1, 2020, 11:16 PM

to practice for a guaranteed low-scoring game against uva.

Brilliant. Brad is always one step ahead. Playing chess instead of checkers, as it were.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: What an awful performance tonight! ]

OH my goodness. The score might be 39-38.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Feb 1, 2020, 11:43 PM

This is the kinda sequence of events and stuff that eventually got Tommy Bowden fired,losing to teams that you had no business whatsoever losing too after getting everybody's hopes up by surprising and beating teams who were at the time a step or two above.

Feb 1, 2020, 11:54 PM

Except Brownell has done it 8 out of 10 years as a coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 12:01 AM

And one of those seasons you have to give the credit to Oliver P because all his players were still out there......so really this tells us CBB has produced a good team only 1 out of his 10 seasons at Clemson which equals a pathetic 10% of the time......how in the world is he still there......somebody got some splaining to do......Go Tigers!!!!

Feb 2, 2020, 12:05 AM

He’s here because those defending him out voice those demanding his removal. Which is why anyone that cares about Clemson basketball need to shout down the pro-Brownell trolls that will clearly call for his continued employment under any circumstances.

Can that possibly be true?

Feb 2, 2020, 6:48 AM

I know of only one guy who is stil pro Brownell and that is JudgeKeller - who I’m not so sure isn’t Brownell himself.

Don't be ridiculous! BB doesn't have time to be on here!

Feb 2, 2020, 8:06 AM

But his wife does!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Re: What an awful performance tonight! ]

I wouldnt mind keeping CBB one more year due to recruiting improving. This year was supposed to be a down year. That said, if he were let go, he will have earned it.

Feb 2, 2020, 7:30 AM

Tonight felt like a down year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow! If JK thought it was bad, it had to be totally putrid.

Feb 2, 2020, 8:03 AM

And, it was. Saw a team that only had some of its elements giving great effort. But, that effort was suffering from a complete lack of informed guidance. We seemed to have no offensive plan that could crack the WF defense. The 2-8 in the league WF defense. And worse, they seemed to be able to do whatever they wanted on the offensive end of the floor. Sure, their shots didn't fall a lot of the time, but they, unlike us, were getting wide open good looks from three. Lack of offensive plan vs lack of defensive plan equals ugly loss, just as it should have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson only O / U vs UVA 34.5***

Feb 2, 2020, 9:03 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson only O / U vs UVA 34.5***

Feb 2, 2020, 9:36 AM

Margin of defeat, UVA - 34.5 I’ll take the over.

Clemson to score + 34.5, give me the under.

Feb 2, 2020, 9:48 AM

I wish I could be as hopeful, but I’ve watched Clemson play well for a month then fall apart too many times. It’s Groundhog Day, very fitting for what I think is coming the next couple weeks.

Yes, this was supposed to be a down year, and injuries killed us in December. However, now the team is healthy and winning against the Triangle teams. Yet here comes the gut punch we saw last night. Frustrating!

Feb 2, 2020, 10:29 AM

I’m not sure I agree the team is healthy. We just lost a forward for the rest of the year who was playing valuable minutes.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic