Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We're at another Crossroads
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

We're at another Crossroads

Mar 22, 2019, 12:23 PM

Hell-o to all of Tigernet!!!!

Just wanted to keep my good friends in the loop regarding our battle. My last CT showed some activity in the lining of my abdomen that covers all the major organs there(stomach, intestines, liver, etc.). We thought it might be a reaction from the clinical trial drugs I was on, but the therapy we used made no change per follow-up PET/MRI's, so we know it is disease-driven. I am finishing a steroid regime that has made me feel better, but you can't take them with chemo--they don't "marry" according to my Dr.

So, as soon as I finish up the 'roids and get clearance for chemo, we'll get it started. One thing for sure we know is that I'll lose the rest of my hair((80% gone due to age/genetics/etc).

The great thing is that Levine will counsel us on what and how this stuff will affect me. I am a FIRM believer in being informed and knowledgeable whenever possible--Clemson taught me that.

So, we have run into a roadblock on the Clinical Trial side, and I definitely will not opt for not doing anything.

All of you have been absolutely wonderful supporting Sandy and I since June 2017. We look forward with anticipation that the Good Lord will take care of us going forward.

Ron and Sandy Wright/71PR

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're at another Crossroads

Mar 22, 2019, 12:27 PM

Keep fighting Ron God Bless!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 12:29 PM

As he said "Never, ever, give up hope". Prayers to you and yours.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 12:29 PM

God Bless Ron..praying for you!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 12:31 PM

Continuing to send you prayers!

Keep fighting!

If you need some ostarine, I know a guy...

Mar 22, 2019, 12:36 PM

Thanks for sharing and keep fighting!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: If you need some ostarine....

Mar 22, 2019, 12:53 PM

This regime of prednisone made me gain 8 pounds. I was at 201 wanting 200 or less, and this stuff kept me in the pantry eating chocolate cookies, ice cream, chips, salsa, peanut butter sammiches(triples)
and who knowz what else...

B4 i was just doing 2 meals a day. I was doing 2 snacks per hour for durn near two weeks!!!!

Mar 22, 2019, 9:38 PM

That is a crazy drug it makes cardboard look yummy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Mar 23, 2019, 11:44 AM

It even taste good when nothing else is available, spread on a little Jiffy crunchy on card board, it's awesome after the second day of prednisone!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2019, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: If you need some ostarine.... ]

a friend had to go on prednisone from complications resulting from a kidney transplant.he told me that when you're on that medication,you feel like eating everthing in the refrigerator.then he followed up by saying that not only did he do that,but he also ate the refrigerator as well.so you're not alone.take care and prayers out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

God loves a good fighter . . .

Mar 22, 2019, 12:49 PM

Prayers Up for you and Sandy both!!!

We love a good fighter too!!!

Go Tiger!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck, 71PR! Thoughts and prayers your way.***

Mar 22, 2019, 12:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Mar 22, 2019, 1:00 PM

Hang in there. God bless!

Mar 22, 2019, 1:10 PM

1-2-3-4...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 1:12 PM

Stay strong and keep fighting.

Praying for you.***

Mar 22, 2019, 1:18 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I just offered another prayer for you and will

Mar 22, 2019, 1:41 PM

continue to wish you and Sandy the best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying for you and Sandy ! ***

Mar 22, 2019, 1:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 1:58 PM

God bless you man......Go Tigers!!!!!

Mar 22, 2019, 1:59 PM

Thank you for the update. We are praying for healing and that you receive the treatment you need. Praise the Lord, for He is good.

Mar 22, 2019, 2:46 PM

Hang in there. Prayers for you, Sandy and family.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 9:33 PM

You've got this.....keep the faith and as always Go Tigers!

Mar 22, 2019, 3:47 PM

You keep fighting Ron. And keep asking questions and stay informed. Also re the hair. You may be a guy that will look better bald anyway. Its much less important to have that we believed when we were younger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 3:55 PM

and prayers for you , your family, and the dr's and nurses helping you

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 4:00 PM

Not enough words in the dictionary to express how blessed we as Clemson fans are that you are a Tiger. If anyone epitomizes the true Clemson grit and byog is Ron and Sandy Wright. You can bet your last bippy that all of tnet shAre those same sentiments. May the Good Lord lift you up each and every day!!!!

And please let any of us know if there is anything we can do to help you or your family.

In Gods Love,

k2

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 4:18 PM

Praying for you brother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 4:19 PM

admire your courage and faith. Prayers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 5:04 PM

Jeremiah 29:11 was the Scripture reference in one of my two devotions this morning!. Man what a beautiful promise!
Please know I am lifting you and your family up to God in prayer & love!
Sam

Mar 22, 2019, 5:18 PM

continued prayers of strength and healing

Hair's overrated, PR.

Mar 22, 2019, 5:49 PM

Keep you're spirits up. They're a lot more important.

Mar 22, 2019, 6:00 PM

Fight "Tiger", Fight, Fight, Fight!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fight ron fight ron fight fight fight

Mar 22, 2019, 7:17 PM

f cancer

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

There is no hill to tall for a climber

Mar 22, 2019, 7:57 PM

Stay strong and climb brother

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep on keeping on Brother

Mar 22, 2019, 8:31 PM

We can't afford to lose you. Good Luck and God Bless you both. I know she is going through this as much as you are.

Mar 22, 2019, 9:37 PM

You hang tough and keep fighting. Keep that positive outlook and fight. Prayers for you and Sandy. Keep us posted we are cheering right along with you

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Mar 22, 2019, 11:17 PM

Continued prayers for you and Sandy. May God bless you both.

Mar 23, 2019, 8:34 AM

Ron,

Prayers sent to our Lord that you will win this battle and this war.

Mar 23, 2019, 10:03 AM

Thanks for sharing! God bless you, your wife and medical team!!!

Mar 23, 2019, 11:48 AM

Nothing like prayers from others when you're fighting a tough fight, and you usually win. Keep fighting, and I'll keep praying for you!!!

Prayers for you & your family

Mar 23, 2019, 11:55 AM

Keep on fighting.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic